Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 143. (Read 145658 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
what currency DUSK platform going to accept for STO? is it only going to be DUSK token?  how regulation going to have any impact on DUSK token or going to be count as utility token?
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell
It looks like the market is a bit stacked in this area. It's difficult to know if transfering sate safely is going to be enough to make a difference respect to their competition.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166
I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
I was just checking out the Dusk Github organization and noticed it has 4 members. Now I see there is also a new blog post announcing 2 new members one of which is already in the Dusk Github organization.
https://medium.com/dusk-network/adding-a-wealth-of-knowledge-to-dusk-core-46b57ab9eb92
This was mentioned earlier, about the expansion of the team, I hope that good members and advisers join the project and help in its development and expansion
maybe the other members were added later in a second time, i hope they update it on github so that users can have a complete picture of the team, i think the various countries will not like the new network of dusk
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

Dusk is more than a privacy coin. I'd suggest you checkout our FAQ; https://dusk.network/faq/

What you mean? You will have smart-contracts for creatin tokens like Ethereum as well? Whats mean your Consensus "SBA⋆" ?
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
Really glad you are removing the bonuses. I have raised the issue with bonuses before. Besides hindering decentralization, they distort the market in such a way much of the risk is transferred from private sale investors to public sale investors. I hope other projects follow this fair practice of equal risk and opportunity.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment. During an IPO with a traditional company that is going public, do they have bonuses for people that buy the IPO early? Or do investors that invest more get a better deal?

As far as I know, I would think not, but I'm generally interested.
Activity: 490
www.Zercados.com

I also appreciate that the team informs users here on the forum in such a detailed way of the excellent progress made by the project, i deduce that the private sale is going well with investments beyond the expectations of the team,that is the reason for the hard cap rise, it means that there are many people who believe in this project...

There is a great amount of demand from value-adding sale participants in our project. If we hadn't raised the cap we would be missing out on a lot of value contributors to the project. With this new cap we will also be able to speed up the development process, increase our marketing efforts, onboard corporate partnerships and conclude agreements with one of the world's leading exchanges. Since we increased the hardcap we also decided it would be more beneficial to the longevity of the platform if we removed the bonusses. More information about this will follow!

Looks like you spend a lot of time thinking it through. I hope everything will go according to plan.
Also, great to hear you guys will do monthly progress development updates, those are very important to the community.
Activity: 434
I was just checking out the Dusk Github organization and noticed it has 4 members. Now I see there is also a new blog post announcing 2 new members one of which is already in the Dusk Github organization.

https://medium.com/dusk-network/adding-a-wealth-of-knowledge-to-dusk-core-46b57ab9eb92

The code is developed in a private Github repository and will be made public in sections after each section passes a security audit. An article detailing the development progress will be published each month.

thanks for letting us know guys. looking forward to seeing the progress.
copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21

The code is developed in a private Github repository and will be made public in sections after each section passes a security audit. An article detailing the development progress will be published each month.
copper member

Dusk is more than a privacy coin. I'd suggest you checkout our FAQ; https://dusk.network/faq/
copper member

Too much confidence increases the risk of failure but they are well known people in their areas so i don't think it can be an issue for dusk.

Too much confidence indeed increases the risk of failure, rest-assured we didn't take this decision lightly and a lot of careful consideration went into the making of this decision!
copper member
Is Dusk have a own blockchain? And is Dusk have a protocol masternode?

Yes, we are building our own blockchain! I recommend you check out "Dusk in a Nutshell" which explains the Dusk Network in further detail!

Part 1; https://medium.com/dusk-network/dusk-in-a-nutshell-50b6e8a17c00

Part 2; https://medium.com/dusk-network/the-anonymous-network-layer-explained-ccb93fd222ca

Part 3; https://medium.com/dusk-network/sba-in-a-nutshell-67e5ae29489b
Activity: 364
Merit: 37

I also appreciate that the team informs users here on the forum in such a detailed way of the excellent progress made by the project, i deduce that the private sale is going well with investments beyond the expectations of the team,that is the reason for the hard cap rise, it means that there are many people who believe in this project...

There is a great amount of demand from value-adding sale participants in our project. If we hadn't raised the cap we would be missing out on a lot of value contributors to the project. With this new cap we will also be able to speed up the development process, increase our marketing efforts, onboard corporate partnerships and conclude agreements with one of the world's leading exchanges. Since we increased the hardcap we also decided it would be more beneficial to the longevity of the platform if we removed the bonusses. More information about this will follow!

I dont think bonuses are needed for a project like this. I feel you will easily reach the soft cap and go towards Hardcap. Dont worry if you wont reach the hard cap because literally 99.9% of the projects are not able to reach it in this market.
copper member

copper member

50% of tokens for 14.4 million ... 50% of what quantity? From 100 million tokens or from 1 billion tokens or from 10,000 tokens? Or will the tokens be generated until the hard cap is assembled? And only then will the total supply be determined?

The token supply will not change. So 50% of the total supply which is 250m tokens, will be sold for 14.4M Wink
Activity: 476
How are you guys planning to cope with the crackdown every major country is doing on the privacy concerned coins?

Yes, this is my only concern about the project. Countries would hate this network, so what is your plan about it?

In a situation like that I'd say you don't care about what governments want but rather what is best for the users. They can't code a backdoor for governments. that would kill the coin.
copper member
Dusk Network Development Update - September

A monthly development update series created to embrace the transparency and inclusivity that we strive for at Dusk Network.

Development
Time to kickstart the development! September has been an interesting month as the team transitioned from theoretical research to standardizing and programming the core sections of the eventual platform. Our goal is to construct a modular implementation which will enable the developers to plug-and-play experimental features with ease. Golang is the programming language of choice for the reference implementation. The tipping point in favour of Golang has been its native support for concurrency, the bloodline of peer-to-peer (P2P) networks.

We have spent the month working on the basic wallet implementation, designing the transaction structures and building the networking layer. A lot of progress has been made in establishing the core documentation of the features and will help the team concentrate on the actual programming instead of worrying about undocumented features.

The code will be made public in sections after going through a rigorous formal verification and security audit process. The team is aiming to fulfil the original goal of launching the testnet in Q1.

Research
While the initial structure and the technical features of the platform had been finalized, our team is on a constant lookout for advancements in the fields of mathematics and computing science which could improve the efficiency and the security of the platform. One of the most exciting domain improvements that have been under our radar for some time are the advancements in cryptography. Specifically, the team has been exploring the possibility of using a Ristretto curve instead of a twisted Edwards birational equivalent of Curve25519 planned to be used in the genesis implementation. The Ristretto curves are related to bulletproofs, which have been the focal point of our research for a prolonged period. Additionally, we are exploring the possibility of using threshold signatures to implement a stealthy and a flexible alternative to multisignature addresses.

Aside from the cryptography, we are examining numerous approach vectors to employing zero-knowledge smart contracts on the platform, which will expand the feature set of the platform dramatically.

Finally, the team has been probing different fee structures and the crypto-economic effects of each of the proposed structures. Our eventual goal is to implement the structure least vulnerable to spam attacks while also retaining the affordable fees.

Community
A Discord server has been launched! Everybody is invited to join the discussions on our new medium of communication where the core team members will be present to answer your questions and guide you through the intricate features of the platform.

While there are no plans to involve the public in development until the devnet launch in December, we are working hard to establish Dawn public community after the launch to involve each and every one of you who is interested in helping our platform grow and prosper. More information will be revealed later.

How to learn more about Dusk Network
The Dusk Network is a project coordinated by the Dusk Foundation. We are a decentralized ecosystem entirely focused on providing the perfect trade-off between privacy and transparency. Dusk protects privacy and fits regulations in payments, communications and asset transfers.

Please consider joining us at the following media:
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
How are you guys planning to cope with the crackdown every major country is doing on the privacy concerned coins?

Yes, this is my only concern about the project. Countries would hate this network, so what is your plan about it?
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DUSK Network seems to be gaining some attention in community. Project is innovative and unique in nature. STO with privacy is necessary components.  is there any large investing partnership already established for this project?
Jump to: