Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [EBYTE] Etherball - Totally free distribution - page 14. (Read 17061 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
So...to receive 1 EBYTE you need to have 1000 ETH?

We are doing exactly the same as Byteball, the proportion is the same. There at the moment about 95 Millions of ETH on circulation, we are issuing a token capped at 1 Million.
Byteball is capped at 1 million GBYTE and distributes 0.1 GB for every 16 BTC (and there are about 16 millions BTC as circulating supply), therefore we distribute 0.1 EBYTE for every 95 ETH.

0.1/95 = 0.0010526315789474

We rounded down to 0.001 because Ethereum is not capped like Bitcoin

Everything will be explained in the whitepaper though, which will be soon released

Exactly, for those who have no experience with Byteball, be aware that when rewards were bigger, it only prompted people to buy up massively before distribution, and then immediately dump all of it just for pure profit taking. Byteball is still awesome but they suffered from price manipulation when they doubled their airdrop distributions.

Stick to this, if possible adjust even lower when you can. And do seek out merchants like byteball did!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Great idea here. Will be looking forward to 15th November.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
hi dev. i already submitted my application form today, please update the spreadsheet. thank you so much! Good luck for this project!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i join airdrop, good luck for team, hope many people will care about us
Activity: 294
Hope this is going to be trending smart payment ..big success to this project...
Activity: 276
Merit: 103
Entered the airdrop, thanks  Smiley
Activity: 294
goodluck to all particapates Smiley
Activity: 89
I have just filled up the form for the airdrop.
I have a question about "It is HIGHLY recommended to provide your wallet with the balance you want to link with EBYTE the day BEFORE the airdrop!"
Why do we need to have a balance in our wallet before the airdrop? Can we not receive the token if we don't have a balance yet on our eth wallet?

Did you read the announcement? This is a distribution for ETH holders, if you don't have ETH you are not going to receive any EBYTEs
Activity: 29
I have just filled up the form for the airdrop.
I have a question about "It is HIGHLY recommended to provide your wallet with the balance you want to link with EBYTE the day BEFORE the airdrop!"
Why do we need to have a balance in our wallet before the airdrop? Can we not receive the token if we don't have a balance yet on our eth wallet?
Activity: 938
Merit: 101
Filled up the firm just waiting for the day of distribution
Missed out on the byteball thing last year at around this time so hope to be part of this airdrop as well.

But do you need to hold ethereum at the address submitted during application to participate in it or not?
That was not to clearly explained.
Atleast that is how byteball worked with the amount of btc you had in a wallet address to receive the eqivalent in byteball tokens during the time of the snapshot been taking place.

Yes, you submit your address in the form, then write down the distribution date on your calendar and be sure to have ETH in thast address in that date.
Meanwhile you can trade and do whatever you want with your ETH, just be sure to have the amount you want to link with EBYTE in your wallet on 15th of November
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
hi all
reserve Arabic translation
I am trying to figure out how can I spend etherballs or exchange? Receiving them for free won't add any value to them, no?

There is a quote from the developer of Byteball in the OP that pretty much answers to your question, I'll repost it here:

There will be no ICO, no crowdsale.  I believe the success of a currency depends on the number of people who own it, in fact Peter R’s research suggests that historical marketcap of Bitcoin follows Metcalfe's law: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/empiricalmathematical-method-to-choose-which-cryptocurrency-community-to-join-572106, i.e. it is proportional to the square of the number of active users.  That’s why I want Byteball to be in the hands of as many people as possible

We're doing the same for Etherball. The mass adoption and the value of a cryptocurrency relies totally on consensus and requires a total distribution, that's why we are realeasing 95% of Ebytes for free.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
Missed out on the byteball thing last year at around this time so hope to be part of this airdrop as well.

But do you need to hold ethereum at the address submitted during application to participate in it or not?
That was not to clearly explained.
Atleast that is how byteball worked with the amount of btc you had in a wallet address to receive the eqivalent in byteball tokens during the time of the snapshot been taking place.
Activity: 185
I am trying to figure out how can I spend etherballs or exchange? Receiving them for free won't add any value to them, no?
Ok, let me answer point by point

since this is a new token - no one owns any byteballs, so they the most anyone can gain is 0.001 EBYTE per eth.

Yes, more or less. No one owns Etherball right now, and everyone will get 0.001 EBYTE per ETH, but also for ETH fractions.
The distribution will count every amount down to wei (which is 0.000000001 ETH); this is because EBYTE got 9 decimal digits, so every lowest amount below 1 wei will not be considered

After the first airdrop, tokens are tradable, at which point - people can acquire EBYTES and the second airdrop be eligible for the 10% additional .

Yes, exactly. You will receive EBYTE for your ETH, but you can also buy EBYTE on market and acquire a 10% more on the next distribution (which will be every month on Full Moon)

Will we be required to signup for airdrop every month or is the first signup enough to receive airdrops from here on out?

If you don't want to change your ETH address you don't need to sign up again. We will keep all the addresses already registered in a public list

Thank you for asking
Activity: 112
I hope I'll get my coins)
Activity: 126
Let me understand..

since this is a new token - no one owns any byteballs, so they the most anyone can gain is 0.001 EBYTE per eth.

After the first airdrop, tokens are tradable, at which point - people can acquire EBYTES and the second airdrop be eligible for the 10% additional .

Is this right?

Will we be required to signup for airdrop every month or is the first signup enough to receive airdrops from here on out?

Thanks!
Activity: 1
Good luck with the project.
Sincerely,
Ethereum2x
Activity: 101
Whaoo....  Wonderful project...  Good luck
Pages:
Jump to: