Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 14. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 8
January 01, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
Any news on whether the old icon and name on CoinExchange is going to be changed to the new branding on the exchange? The old ones look quite dated now, and Coinexchange need to update.

The new branding is so much slicker (great work BTW  Smiley) and a lot of work has obviously gone into the revamp so it's a shame not everyone can see it.

Definitely agree on this. I thought I was on the wrong coin earlier because it looked like something drawn up on photoshop in 5 minutes. The newer design looks a lot more professional.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 12:33:25 PM
Any news on whether the old icon and name on CoinExchange is going to be changed to the new branding on the exchange? The old ones look quite dated now, and Coinexchange need to update.

The new branding is so much slicker (great work BTW  Smiley) and a lot of work has obviously gone into the revamp so it's a shame not everyone can see it.
Activity: 57
January 01, 2018, 12:14:41 PM
i wanted to give somehow getting my missing 100k ecc to show up a try again but i can't download the wallet
Error 404 Page Not Found
and even if i'm able to download the wallet with no bootstrap it'll probably take days to sync.
Pls help devman
Will let here a simple tutorial on how i do it (for windows)

• Download wallet - Install it
  • Download correct daemon for your OS (from inside the wallet)
  • Start daemon and few seconds later, stop it.
  • Open Windows explorer and type %APPDATA% - press enter - that will lead you to Roaming folder
  • Open ECCoin folder
  • Put a copy of your old wallet.dat there (overwrite the one you have in folder)
  • Start daemon and wait till it is fully synced. Depending on many variables can be from few hours to two days

For security reasons there is no possibility for bootstrap - it must be synced from 0
Join Slack. You will get plenty of help there (in website you have link)
 Smiley

Thank you for your instructions but replacing the wallet.dat file seems not working.
Checking the debug file it says: "Error: Error loading wallet.dat: Wallet requires newer version of E-CurrencyCoin Core"
My wallet.dat file comes from an old ECCoin wallet client v2.4.5.0
Am I missing something?
Thank you for your precious support in advance.
Ottavio.

Well, if that is happening you must add to conf file another line: forceupgradewallet=1  (That command will not work anymore on next wallets, but you still can use it on this one)

After all is well, put everything to =0 or delete those lines

Join our slack, so you can get faster help from our great community there, Ottavio Smiley

Thank you very much!
With your help I'm already up and synced.
My wallet has been upgraded and all my ECCs are there.
Already subscribed to the slack too. The ECC's team seems to be very active.
I'll keep my daemon online 24/7 on my VPS to help the ECC network.
Thank you once again.
Ottavio.
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
December 31, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
i wanted to give somehow getting my missing 100k ecc to show up a try again but i can't download the wallet
Error 404 Page Not Found
and even if i'm able to download the wallet with no bootstrap it'll probably take days to sync.
Pls help devman

• Open Windows explorer and type %APPDATA% - press enter - that will lead you to Roaming folder
  • Open ECCoin folder
  • Put a copy of your old wallet.dat there (overwrite the one you have in folder)
  • Start daemon and wait till it is fully synced. Depending on many variables can be from few hours to two days

For security reasons there is no possibility for bootstrap - it must be synced from 0
 Smiley

Thank you for your instructions but replacing the wallet.dat file seems not working.
Checking the debug file it says: "Error: Error loading wallet.dat: Wallet requires newer version of E-CurrencyCoin Core"
Am I missing something?
Ottavio.

Well, if that is happening you must add to conf file another line: forceupgradewallet=1  (That command will not work anymore on next wallets, but you still can use it on this one)

After all is well, put everything to =0 or delete those lines

Join our slack, so you can get faster help from our great community there, Ottavio Smiley
Activity: 19
December 30, 2017, 08:53:22 PM
Thanks Griffith,

I downloaded the lynx/ecc app on a windows machine, copied my old mac wallet.dat into it and am currently synching.  I think that will work based on some posts I've read here.

Thanks again,
Daniel
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
December 30, 2017, 02:12:58 PM
Hello,

I have a lot of ecc that I mined years ago in an old macintosh qt wallet.  I can start it up but no nodes are found.  Any ideas/suggestiosn on how I can send these coins to an exchange like coinexchange.io?  I cannot find a current mac qt wallet for ecc coin.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

that qt wont connect because it has an old deprecated version.

There are no current mac wallets for ECC. we are working on it though.
Activity: 19
December 30, 2017, 02:08:04 PM
Hello,

I have a lot of ecc that I mined years ago in an old macintosh qt wallet.  I can start it up but no nodes are found.  Any ideas/suggestiosn on how I can send these coins to an exchange like coinexchange.io?  I cannot find a current mac qt wallet for ecc coin.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Activity: 57
December 29, 2017, 07:29:39 PM
Error 404 Page Not Found
Pls help devman

• Open ECCoin folder

Smiley

Am I missing something?
Ottavio.
Activity: 1
December 29, 2017, 11:54:47 AM
Snowball effect inc  Roll Eyes
Activity: 56
December 29, 2017, 10:30:34 AM
I noticed a lot of volume in this coin after 2 years of none.  Has anybody been involved with this coin for years and knows something?  I've checked the website and read through the discussion boards, and there's nothing too exciting so I was just wondering why the sudden interest?  I love finding cheap coins before they gain momentum.  Cheesy

The website is https://ecc.network
Join us on slack via the website, you can ask any questions Smiley
December 29, 2017, 08:33:07 AM
Any updates from the dev expected before end of the year?
The website and the new wallet will launch the end of next month.

Sorry for daft questions:

a) if I use a wallet now, how would I swop to the new wallet in January, are the coins safe while an update?

b) regarding the current wallets: there is the choice between normal wallets, and the "Windows-64-BIT-AutoUpdate" Wallet...what is teh difference in using it? yes, I can can imagine it auto-updates  Grin Having teh choice, that sounds like always a better option, right? Or is a reason why to choose the non-auto-update one?

Thanks

Hello,

a) Yes coin are safe because it's on blockchain. You need to have a copy of your wallet.dat for secure.
b) Yes it's with auto update, but it's as you want Smiley
Activity: 21
December 29, 2017, 07:55:31 AM

Sorry for daft questions:

a) if I use a wallet now, how would I swop to the new wallet in January, are the coins safe while an update?

b) regarding the current wallets: there is the choice between normal wallets, and the "Windows-64-BIT-AutoUpdate" Wallet...what is teh difference in using it? yes, I can can imagine it auto-updates  Grin Having teh choice, that sounds like always a better option, right? Or is a reason why to choose the non-auto-update one?

Thanks
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
December 28, 2017, 02:58:38 PM
Error 404 Page Not Found
Pls help devman

• Open ECCoin folder

Smiley
December 28, 2017, 08:53:18 AM

Hello,
Activity: 4
December 28, 2017, 07:29:44 AM
December 28, 2017, 04:41:27 AM
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 11:11:22 PM
Where I can download last ECC wallet?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2
December 27, 2017, 06:48:08 PM
Error 404 Page Not Found
Pls help devman
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
December 26, 2017, 07:16:37 AM
Does ecc consider to reduce or halve again the max supply? This has a good  potential

ECC is  fully mined . there are no plans to increase or decrease this amount.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 05:39:01 AM
Faster hardware I could have guessed for myself, and I doubt that ext4 vs NTFS will make much of a difference.
None of other coin wallets take this much time starting up, should get priority to be fixed if all users of ECC have this issue.

Check people on the slack channel if you seek any help. Here is harder to troubleshoot things.

Also, you can open a GitHub ticket if you have not done so already.

Ok thanks for the reply, when I have a bit more time I will go to the slack channel to address the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: