Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 144. (Read 259347 times)

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
April 28, 2015, 04:32:18 PM
ECC Wallet for MAC updated to version 2.4.2.0

Github source code is also updated to version 2.4.2.0.

We are running 2.4.2.0 ourselves and are syncing as we speak. If you want to make use of the Multiwallet (if we are going to call it like that) in the future, then you will need the ECC wallet version that is 2.4.2.0 or bigger. If you don't have any interest in the Multiwallet, then you can keep running older versions.

My wallet stuck by block 8136.

You will proberly have version 2.4.1.0 (windows) running. When Griffith wakes up he will upload the 2.4.2.0 version. Yesterday we found a little bug in 2.4.1.0 that made the wallet get stuck on various occasions
Okay
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
April 28, 2015, 04:13:34 PM

The trusted crypto team want to create for the benefit of everyone
against the banker hegemony, this is what we are all here for. Wink

+1

have devs looked at this?

link

might be an opportunity
the wallet is extremely lite. cellphone ran 4 days unplugged staking!

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
April 28, 2015, 02:55:39 PM
none of the coins will lose any of the stuff that they currently posses,
they are all good coins and will continue on as usual, we are just
going to actually give them a proper use.

There is just no point creating a coin just for its sake with no real world use
the altcoin scene is evolving and we are either on the front line making
the scene or pumping and dumping from behind.

The trusted crypto team want to create for the benefit of everyone
against the banker hegemony, this is what we are all here for. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
April 28, 2015, 02:36:12 PM
Is Supercoin pushed down through toilet sink?

Any update, progress, I don't even see people mention it.

And here devs asking to buy and sell to ourselves...It looks dead to me.

Don't expect from me to be captain positive. I have seen this coin taking hard beating, but it looks it's finally beaten.

To whoever might think this is FUD, why would I do that to dying coin? I also have some worthless stack. Lost a lot of money too...

I don't see anything going here. Apologize if it does.

So, since my posts would be similar to this one, I will stop writing. No point.

See ya all, and, who knows, maybe somebody would do something. Some of us failed, but even then coin was worth something.

Irony is, I even miss the old devs who unfortunately decided to give up.

To those who are maybe still here, good luck to ya all.

we see your concerns. they are all legitimate. for individual coin development, we dont particularly plan on developing the coins and coin specific features too much anymore for any of the three coins. the anon race is over. darkcoin (now dash) won. the contest for "look our coins transaction times are faster" is over as well. the altcoin market is flooded with 99% of them having no real use. pump and dumps have become more common than actual coins.

instead we are going to be looking to making an application for coins as a platform. once i finish my end of the semester projects i will start working on the putting more than one coin into one wallet. then breaking that wallet away from a wallet and more into a general crypto application. the coin developement stage of crypto is pretty much over. any exchange or coin team still pushing on that is clearly and strong one and is going to make it to the end (except paycoin. thats a scam and a half) the stage of the game we are entering into now is crypto applications for the public and getting the use of crypto out there. thats the kind of game we are playing now. the new system and stuff will actually use a lot of tech from supercoin but not necessarily for the anon that it is being used for atm.

as far as your concerns about SUPER itself dieing. its gotten a LOT of trolling over the last X time frame. probably started at its peak. idk. its got a good secondary node but not separate node system that could and should be used for more than anon transactions and thats what we plan on doing with it. it will make it. the future will just look different

EDIT: to be completely honest. check back in a few weeks. (2 or 3) i plan to have some sort of alpha stage/preview or something done by then, it will show what i am talking about.

as for altcoin trading in general, tbh my opinion is that the altcoin game is coming to a decline and that if you have any btc left you should probably invest in coins that actually look like they are doing something rather than posting about doing stuff and never actually trying for it.

also yes. the old dev for super was pretty good at what he did
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Back to the real world
April 28, 2015, 02:14:16 PM
Is Supercoin pushed down through toilet sink?

Any update, progress, I don't even see people mention it.

And here devs asking to buy and sell to ourselves...It looks dead to me.

Don't expect from me to be captain positive. I have seen this coin taking hard beating, but it looks it's finally beaten.

To whoever might think this is FUD, why would I do that to dying coin? I also have some worthless stack. Lost a lot of money too...

I don't see anything going here. Apologize if it does.

So, since my posts would be similar to this one, I will stop writing. No point.

See ya all, and, who knows, maybe somebody would do something. Some of us failed, but even then coin was worth something.

Irony is, I even miss the old devs who unfortunately decided to give up.

To those who are maybe still here, good luck to ya all.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
April 28, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
We will consider name suggestions from the communities
but it is not a competition.

Please only reasonable name suggestions, that actually
mean something.

The multiwallet is essentially that a wallet that you will
be able to hold and trade multiple coins in and eventually
even accomodate fiat exchange.

There are other things to the wallet but we prefer to keep that
under lock and key untill the time is right to share it.

keep minting mining and trading Wink
legendary
April 28, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
ah. im awake. im awake. one sec. i rlly gotta stop staying up so late

Edit: its up. it is possible to get stuck before block... 110k ish. this was before i took over and there were a lot of small forkings under the last dev back then, so your wallet has to nav through some of that stuff and yeah. a restart will fix that.

once i get my school work done. and in my spare time. i will be working on the multiwallet (name pending) we were thinking somethign like cryptobank or coin bank or vault or something
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
April 28, 2015, 06:51:25 AM

We are running 2.4.2.0 ourselves and are syncing as we speak. If you want to make use of the Multiwallet (if we are going to call it like that) in the future, then you will need the ECC wallet version that is 2.4.2.0 or bigger. If you don't have any interest in the Multiwallet, then you can keep running older versions.

You will proberly have version 2.4.1.0 (windows) running. When Griffith wakes up he will upload the 2.4.2.0 version. Yesterday we found a little bug in 2.4.1.0 that made the wallet get stuck on various occasions
copper member
April 28, 2015, 04:32:10 AM

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
April 28, 2015, 03:30:24 AM

legendary
April 27, 2015, 02:24:43 PM
Seems like i'm stuck at block 78313...
Restarting the wallet didn't help so far...

I give it another hour and see what happens...

Regards

Goldmaxx

wont help. it seems that i need to patch something in the connections for that. mdt found a bug. you wont have to redownload after the patch.
Activity: 894
April 27, 2015, 02:09:37 PM
Seems like i'm stuck at block 78313...
Restarting the wallet didn't help so far...

I give it another hour and see what happens...

Regards

Goldmaxx
legendary
April 27, 2015, 01:10:41 PM
Where can i trade EECoin? Only one Exchange?

allcoin and comkort i believe atm... those are the two i have linked in the OP. thats one of the things we are going to do next is get more exchanges.
copper member
April 27, 2015, 12:52:22 PM
Where can i trade EECoin? Only one Exchange?
legendary
April 27, 2015, 12:21:03 PM
officially putting off fixing up the pool until tomorrow. and thats only after i get a decent chunk of one of my projects done. end of semester.... yay....

Griffith

Good to see the new wallet online!
I can use the blockchain that I uploaded with the new wallet (before you took it offline to fix the staking)?

Further, I personally don't see much use in a multipool anymore.
The multipool thing was a fancy thing back then, created by the blackcoin-team in an attempt to create a continuous buy pressure.
The past proved that multipools arent "miracle-things"...

IMO, the multiwallet and in-wallet trading features are the real game changers.
Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on these developments?

Regards

Goldmaxx

need to resync unfortunately. the other one didnt stake because of more than just a calc problem. it was doing the chain wrong. also. dont delete ur conf file. u need that and it doesnt auto gen anymore cuz i forgot. so. keep your peers.dat, wallet.dat, and conf file

actually.... u dont NEEED the conf file. it should start without it. but it helps.

the multipool probably isnt the biggest tool anymore no, but ive had a few people ask me about it. and the rest of the fixes required are very minor.

i will be starting the multiwallet (in wallet trading is done actually) after i finish my board game that i have to code for class in assembly
Activity: 894
April 27, 2015, 02:54:56 AM
officially putting off fixing up the pool until tomorrow. and thats only after i get a decent chunk of one of my projects done. end of semester.... yay....

Griffith

Good to see the new wallet online!
I can use the blockchain that I uploaded with the new wallet (before you took it offline to fix the staking)?

Further, I personally don't see much use in a multipool anymore.
The multipool thing was a fancy thing back then, created by the blackcoin-team in an attempt to create a continuous buy pressure.
The past proved that multipools arent "miracle-things"...

IMO, the multiwallet and in-wallet trading features are the real game changers.
Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on these developments?

Regards

Goldmaxx
legendary
April 27, 2015, 01:09:54 AM
legendary
April 26, 2015, 06:43:40 PM
wallets are up and links are live. you should delete the chains you have and redownload. you can keep the peers.dat, the conf file, and the wallet.dat (really dont delete that last one)

but to make sure you dont get an invalid blk index you should delete the rest

i didnt quite finish making all the changes to the pool that i wanted to, and didnt get to the website end yet. so that will be delayed. i also have a few end of the semester projects to do so dont know when ill be able to get to that
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
April 26, 2015, 06:22:37 PM
ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working. there are a few minor issues none of which i can recreate at will so im not 100% sure why it is happening. one of which being that the wallet has a chance to crash if you unlock it, relock it, and unlock it again really fast. dont know why you would want to do that. but it happens.

ive had this happen once.... where i unlocked. and then relocked and it stopped staying synced with the network. but i was unable to recreate this issue when i tried to.

going to upload the code to git now. andd will be compiling the wallets. mac one should be up soon as well (although i dont actually compile that one)

edit: will upload the code after i fix the number of blocks for confirmation. supposed to be 50, is 40. i musta mistyped somewhere....

code is uploaded. wallets will be posted when compile stuff is all done

Excellent... worth the wait, as I know there were a lot of issues to be dealt with properly.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
April 26, 2015, 05:41:17 PM
ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working.
code is uploaded. wallets will be posted when compile stuff is all done
well done mate
Jump to: