Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 145. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2015, 02:19:05 PM
ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working. there are a few minor issues none of which i can recreate at will so im not 100% sure why it is happening. one of which being that the wallet has a chance to crash if you unlock it, relock it, and unlock it again really fast. dont know why you would want to do that. but it happens.

ive had this happen once.... where i unlocked. and then relocked and it stopped staying synced with the network. but i was unable to recreate this issue when i tried to.

going to upload the code to git now. andd will be compiling the wallets. mac one should be up soon as well (although i dont actually compile that one)

edit: will upload the code after i fix the number of blocks for confirmation. supposed to be 50, is 40. i musta mistyped somewhere....

code is uploaded. wallets will be posted when compile stuff is all done
legendary
April 25, 2015, 08:20:38 PM
New ECC wallet seems to be staking correctly now. i have 2/5 blocks that staked successfully ( i am tweeking as i go). im going to run it through some staking tests tonight. see if i cant make that ratio better. it should be out tomorrow. there are some minor (very minor) connection issues that prevent staying on sync with the blockchain. i will also be testing a fix to that, but if it doesnt work its not really a big issue at all. ive only had it happen twice out of 40 or so wallet restarts.

we will also more than likely be reopening the pool to mine ECC, MWC, and SUPER this weekend. i am going to update the coins on that and then reopen it. also need to make the website a little bit better.
legendary
April 25, 2015, 11:52:25 AM
In theese masternode days, what about implement it to supercoin?
Masternodes gets rewarded 60% or so of stake rewards.
Btw, not many days until pos reward is cut by 50%... Wink
Happy staking!

imo that's a terrible idea. masternodes = possible point of network failure. if everyone has more than one address + 500 or more coins then there are the decentralized nodes, = a much stronger network

btw, is there any chance trusted cryptos could absorb supercoin's twin sibling mammoth?  -just askin'   Wink

your statement on masternodes basically sums up why we dont put them in.

no we will not be touching mammoth coin
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
April 25, 2015, 08:48:02 AM
Happy staking!

imo that's a terrible idea. masternodes = possible point of network failure. if everyone has more than one address + 500 or more coins then there are the decentralized nodes, = a much stronger network

btw, is there any chance trusted cryptos could absorb supercoin's twin sibling mammoth?  -just askin'   Wink
Activity: 736
Merit: 500
April 25, 2015, 06:22:56 AM
Happy staking!
legendary
April 24, 2015, 12:57:34 PM
i will be posting some updates / new section to the OP
legendary
April 24, 2015, 12:02:22 PM
we will support ECC forever. Wink

i wish there was an easier way to unit test for staking, but i dont fully understand what the kernel is doing to actually get the result of the scrypt blocks ( i guess i could mimic inputs now that i think about it, damnit) so really what is taking so long is i am syncing the blockchain for the 5th? time to see if my changes will work (50k) blocks to go. and that is what is taking so long.

actually i could do input output testing now that i think about it. why did i not do that earlier...... mistakes were made

Curious what you mean by the unit testing for Staking, please elaborate.

unit testing is one of the basic steps of software engineering/development. you test your code units (functions and methods) with static input data sets to see if it matches the expected outputs. which if it does, means your code works. if it doesnt then you know you messed up somewhere. you are supposed to do this for all units when coding a new program.

for staking what i should have done (and didnt but its kinda too late now) is take the kernel that is used to create blocks out of the wallet code and made it a standalone program. had it accept input from a command line ( which ideally would be a block that has already been generated so that you can compare the output) then pipelined the output to a text file. i would then read the text file and compare it to the block in the chain. if it matched for 5 instances (arbitrary number i chose) then the staking would work and id copy the code back into the wallet.

i didnt do this. partly due to lack of time, partly because i grossly underestimated the difficulty level/possible issues that could possibly arise from the staking portion of the code.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
April 24, 2015, 11:13:03 AM

i wish there was an easier way to unit test for staking, but i dont fully understand what the kernel is doing to actually get the result of the scrypt blocks ( i guess i could mimic inputs now that i think about it, damnit) so really what is taking so long is i am syncing the blockchain for the 5th? time to see if my changes will work (50k) blocks to go. and that is what is taking so long.

actually i could do input output testing now that i think about it. why did i not do that earlier...... mistakes were made

Curious what you mean by the unit testing for Staking, please elaborate.
legendary
April 24, 2015, 10:28:56 AM

we're all in the process of learning about this. it is all good   Wink Cheesy
legendary
April 24, 2015, 10:26:22 AM

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 24, 2015, 05:35:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
April 23, 2015, 08:27:27 PM
We have disabled the wallet download. There will be a new wallet in a few days.

HOW MANY DAYS?

be patient. will be posting some stuff this weekend

Thanks...take whatever time you need !
legendary
April 23, 2015, 12:12:26 PM

HOW MANY DAYS?

be patient. will be posting some stuff this weekend
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
April 23, 2015, 10:21:07 AM
I would like to personally thank all those that have taken our advice and are buying/selling to themselves,
in their respective investment coins. The last 2 days have a much better look to them and we may just save
them on bittrex yet. I encourage more of you to do this even if its just tiny amounts like 1k or 500 worth
the more activity on the exchanges the better it will look for our coins and this in turn will also have a positive
spin off effect with prospective investors seeing the activity and checking out the project and opting in.

Also try to buy to yourselves as opposed to sell to yourselves so that it looks better with many green buys appearing
as opposed to red sells. Makes no difference to your bottom line only affects the appearence on the exchange.
(if you dont know how to do this then please ask)

We are still testing the new ecc wallet and also doing some work on the multipool at the same time so we can
have that as a mining option as well thats worth mining.

After this is complete we will continue onto the next steps on the road map.

As always keep minting, mining and trading.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 23, 2015, 06:30:01 AM

HOW MANY DAYS?
April 22, 2015, 09:59:44 AM
good call forgot about them Wink
legendary
April 22, 2015, 07:11:22 AM
yes its on Allcoin linked with ltc and btc