Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 46. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 20, 2017, 11:45:02 AM
Will this coin have an storage system like Sia's?

yes, it will... you can have a look at the roadmap on the second post here.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
June 20, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
Will this coin have an storage system like Sia's?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
June 20, 2017, 10:48:34 AM
if you can isolate the problem and fix it, then feel free to make a pull request to the github. although i will save you some time and explain that there is no error, your stakes were just being orphaned. orphaning is a natural process in the blockchain growing.

OK, I don't think we're dealing with just orphans here ---- I mentioned that I thought some of my stakes were sticking, but no ---- they stick fofr a little while and then turn grey and become unconfirmed.  Every single stake that has minted for the past 7 days.  Here are screenshots of what I'm dealing with ---- is this normal?  I'm receiving no confirmed stakes for keeping my wallet open for most hours of the day for the past week:

The first image shows the current version ---- those "accepted" mints will get greyed out within the next few hours or the next time I close & re-open the wallet --- that has been the trend for every single other stake that has minted:

Next, we have the rest of the stakes that have gone from confirmed to unconfirmed/orphaned over the past week.  Note that there are NO accepted & finalized ones ---- no successful stakes:

Something really doesn't seem right here --- this is with currently 8mil in wallet.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
June 20, 2017, 09:38:56 AM

We know there are issues that need to be solved. There are 6 or 7 people now working on code to fix all of them.
-Griffith

Griffith,

Thank you for all your work on this project and, for that detailed explanation. Please take whatever time is needed to make it right, I, for one, am in no hurry. I've been holding this coin since it was launched. Without your involvement, it would have been worthless. And to those screaming "scam", get a life, you wouldn't know a scam if it bit you in the ass. If you have nothing constructive to add then stay quite, we don't need your comments. Lets make ECC great again!  Grin

Activity: 74
Merit: 15
June 20, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Is it accurate that every single one of my stakes from the first week of staking were orphaned?  Only yesterday did a few seem to stick --- glad to hear this is normal, but I'd be curious to hear about the staking performance of others.  You can see the # of orphans I was producing from the pic I posted ---- that's normal, right?

I also had that feeling, of something being "funny" about all those stakes that disappears. As they are a natural process in blockchain, maybe in other wallets they are just hidden and we do not see them?
Lots of stakes had disappeared from me, but in a lot of lost ones, some of them began to stick and stay.
I guess that in same amount of time, you will get what is supposed to get.
Maybe if those orphans just disappears, people would not bother with that so much. But then, we would have the problem that "my wallet is open for hours/days and didn't stake yet" (as i have in other coins)
So what is better? Seeing that is working (and get lot of orphans) or just get the good ones wrote there? Smiley

Edit: Other thing that occurs me, is that i didn't had so much of orphans before, but also there were less wallets staking, "fighting" for the same blocks. I guess it makes sense?
June 20, 2017, 08:00:45 AM
if you can isolate the problem and fix it, then feel free to make a pull request to the github. although i will save you some time and explain that there is no error, your stakes were just being orphaned. orphaning is a natural process in the blockchain growing.
[/quote]

Is it accurate that every single one of my stakes from the first week of staking were orphaned?  Only yesterday did a few seem to stick --- glad to hear this is normal, but I'd be curious to hear about the staking performance of others.  You can see the # of orphans I was producing from the pic I posted ---- that's normal, right?
Activity: 12
June 20, 2017, 05:30:00 AM
seg fault

Two words no programmer ever wants to hear! ahah

Good job man, take your time and thanks for the update.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
June 20, 2017, 03:05:32 AM
Good approach, RJF, but things like the bug I pointed out 6 posts above yours need to be ironed out yesterday, considering the volume & interest that this coin has gained, in order to keep that momentum going.

If people can't trust the totals in their wallets, or t hat a wallet will function on the exchange (it has been in maintenance for how many days now on coinexchange.io?) or that stakes will be accurate and accepted/added to current wallet funds within a few hours of minting, then we have a big, big problem on our hands in terms of investor confidence.

#1 problem to fix:  accurate & reliably awarded & confirmed stakes   #2 problem to fix:  stability with the pending vs available totals in the wallet, without the need to re-sync.

To everyone else who has been waiting patiently (thank you btw) I guess i should explain what is taking so long.

Here's a technical explanation:
The wallet had a problem with sending messages due to a seg fault that would occur when trying to lock the critical section required to copy memory to the sending data stream which is used to actually send messages between the peers on the network. The easiest way to find an error with seg faults or mem leaks for C++ is a tool called valgrind. However valgrind takes almost 2x as much resources and runs slower than the program would by itself. so every time i made a change to a build and ran valgrind it would take between 1 and 2 hours to find out if the change actually worked. A very slow process. Assuming my latest change actually fixes the problem (and based on the pthread_mutex documentation found here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/mutex/mutex/  i have a feeling i did fix the problem by forcing an unlock on deconstruction) people running daemons can upgrade tonight and UI users should be able to update by wednesday.

Not technical explaination:
In short, sending messages would sometimes cause the wallets to crash and it was a big problem.

During the week i do work a full time job as a software engineer, so work with commute does take up about 9 hours of my day. During the week days i only can come home and work on this coin for 3 or so hours before i have to do other life stuff and go to bed early enough that i can get up the next day.

Please stop asking if the exchange is closing down or stealing coins, they were offline by instruction until i could figure out how to solve this error.

I understand it is taking longer to get some stuff done than people want but i only have so much time during the day and these changes that are separating out ECC from the other coins will be worth it in the long run. Obviously there is more work to be done. Next we will be putting out GUIs for users and then i will finally have a chance to update the website.

Thank you those of you who have come together on slack and helped to rebuild the front end for the website and those of you who are helping to contribute to the electron UI github that will be used for the coin for the future.

We know there are issues that need to be solved. There are 6 or 7 people now working on code to fix all of them.
-Griffith
Activity: 252
June 20, 2017, 02:43:28 AM
I think @Griffith works very hard on the project and soon everything will be fixed. Just a little patience Smiley
Activity: 206
Merit: 26
June 20, 2017, 01:37:20 AM
Who knows what this Greg Griffith is doing about the future of adding a video
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 20, 2017, 01:20:17 AM
For all those that think that there is no work done at all, you are free to follow the work that Griffith is doing here:

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/commits/master

So for everyone...it's being worked on.
June 20, 2017, 12:42:44 AM
This coin invested all my money do not believe that I lied bankrupt. Update weekend was not done scammmmmmmmmmmm
Stop being a sissy! The developer is working hard as far as we know. You need to have patience!
They do not fool people they will update on the weekend they say they will come now in july
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
June 19, 2017, 11:30:04 PM
UPDATE:

I restarted(rebooted) my computer, and ran the wallet again... my coins came back Grin

Anyone with the same problem as me, try rebooting.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
June 19, 2017, 11:05:17 PM
This coin invested all my money do not believe that I lied bankrupt. Update weekend was not done scammmmmmmmmmmm
Stop being a sissy! The developer is working hard as far as we know. You need to have patience!
Smp
Activity: 31
June 19, 2017, 08:45:12 PM

Cкoлькo кoпeeк ты cюдa влoжил ?  Xвaтит тyт paзвoдить пaникy мecяц нaзaд этo мoнeтa былa нa днищe в 1 sat, ycпoкoйcя и xoлди. 
June 19, 2017, 08:06:21 PM
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
June 19, 2017, 05:05:32 PM
Downloaded and installed the new wallet, and my 5m coins are showing up as 0.00000000

I did backup my old .dat file, but when I copy past the old wallet file, to the new wallet, I get an error, telling me it can't load the Wallet.dat file.

I know my coins are still in the blockchain, and a have 2 copy's of the wallet.dat file, so I'm not freaking out or anything.

But how do I fix this?

June 19, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
What have been corrected this week you guys make you sleep
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
June 19, 2017, 04:19:46 PM

I think everyone here needs to take a deep breath and step back a bit while this is worked on. Griffith took on a project with great potential but, with lots of built in errors and problems, some not at all apparent until the wallet was back out in the wild in real numbers.

The absolute BEST thing ALL of you can do is relax and realize this won't be corrected overnight but, it will be corrected. I would suggest posting problems or errors that have not already been posted but not every little thing, that's simply annoying. The more useless stuff posted here, the more time this issue will take to resolve.

So, it's being worked on, the Dev knows about the problems and is, I'm sure, prioritizing the solutions. Lets cut him some slack shall we?

Thanks!

Good approach, RJF, but things like the bug I pointed out 6 posts above yours need to be ironed out yesterday, considering the volume & interest that this coin has gained, in order to keep that momentum going.

If people can't trust the totals in their wallets, or t hat a wallet will function on the exchange (it has been in maintenance for how many days now on coinexchange.io?) or that stakes will be accurate and accepted/added to current wallet funds within a few hours of minting, then we have a big, big problem on our hands in terms of investor confidence.

#1 problem to fix:  accurate & reliably awarded & confirmed stakes   #2 problem to fix:  stability with the pending vs available totals in the wallet, without the need to re-sync.

I agree with you there, there is a definite order of prioritization and the problems you mentioned are at the top but, just because they still exist doesn't mean they are not being addressed. I'm sure Griffith knows what is important and what is fluff. My point was mainly for folks to keep the noise level down so as not to drown out, as you stated them, problem 1 & 2 above. Trust me, I have very large stake in seeing a working wallet for this coin.

June 19, 2017, 04:11:49 PM

I think everyone here needs to take a deep breath and step back a bit while this is worked on. Griffith took on a project with great potential but, with lots of built in errors and problems, some not at all apparent until the wallet was back out in the wild in real numbers.

The absolute BEST thing ALL of you can do is relax and realize this won't be corrected overnight but, it will be corrected. I would suggest posting problems or errors that have not already been posted but not every little thing, that's simply annoying. The more useless stuff posted here, the more time this issue will take to resolve.

So, it's being worked on, the Dev knows about the problems and is, I'm sure, prioritizing the solutions. Lets cut him some slack shall we?

Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: