Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 41. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
June 27, 2017, 05:37:59 PM
Yes, I've been through the maze of discontinued threads to get from easy clear coin to this non-functional coin thanks. I staked ECC until there were zero connections and then I shut it down...that's what "after that" means. Try to read slower and perhaps you can comprehend moar. Whether this was due to a protocol change or whatnot, I do not know and I don't really care.

If you think this is a great coin, awesome, more power to you. I do not. I just want a wallet that actually works so I can flush this turd.

Since you seem so worried about it, why don't you go here and tell me when I stopped staking ECC after trading for them in April of 2014...just as I said.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/Eex76NoVVtq5zzyt5MB4xKe9KQu8hvmnh3

...or better yet, why don't you just buy my 50m remaining fail coins and I can be done with this whole mess. I've already wasted hours trying to get the many variations of dysfunctional wallets to work. My time is valuable to me, I don't need to waste it alpha testing someone's garbage code.

Well that address seem to have no coins in it. All those coins have been send to: https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/EfP1Ee2EhFKzE1WAaP2Gnihr2BvmUqVrQB that can be another wallet address from you or maybe the exchange.

As we all know the exchange has a problem with the wallet, so if you send the coins to the exchange, then you have to wait until THEY come online.

BTW my wallet is working nicely, it stakes and sends to any address....just not to the exchange.

Wow thanks man. I post a book and you go ahead and tell me a bunch of stuff I already know. It's not the exchange's fault, so don't even think about scapegoating coinex for this mess. The dev working on this wallet is plainly over his/her head. These revisions are complete garbage and cannot possibly have been tested for more than a few seconds before being posted and then almost as quickly pulled. The coin control button on the latest version STILL insta-crashes the windows x64 wallet. This is crap workmanship...no excuses needed.

The wallet is empty because I...miraculously had a sync with this garbage wallet for a couple hours AND coinex miraculously said their garbage wallet also worked. So I went ahead and sent 1k failcoins as a test...those showed up at coinex(I can find you the txid if you need proof). I then sent 50m failcoins and they NEVER showed up at coinex. They're off in limbo somewhere while this failcoin wallet is getting revision #10 and probably still won't work.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/tx/1b0a630bb688e4fb1fbb25642d57c9ce3b00b04bbd651699a9993a91cd26c499

...anything else colonel obvious?

The only good news is that I've managed to dump over 200m of these fail coins to date. Assuming there's ever a working wallet in my hands AND a working wallet at coinex I hope to dump my remaining 50m failcoins and wash my hands of this entire mess.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 27, 2017, 04:40:16 PM
i'm always amazed by how many people still try to move coins around knowing the wallet is having issues  instead of waiting for it to be fixed . . . .

amen. the url to the core wallet is broken too (Error 404 Page Not Found). At least he told us he will fix all last week. looks like not ! still waiting
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 27, 2017, 09:32:56 AM
hey guys sorry i can't seem to make sense of this. i bought a few more ecc today, trying to trickle it in bit by bit. now the coinexchange.io wallet is "temporarily offline". i guess this is a bigger problem than just the ECC wallet not syncing etc. what's the story here? i'm relatively new to this so is this problem on dev side or the exchange? i'm on mac os x and seeing all the problems with the local wallet so far, i'm just curious about this new kind of problem. i saw twitter and forum posts re: this being fixed but what exactly comes next? thanks for your time.

sorry if this is redundant, pm is fine. just having a hard time staying on top of all the problems :/

The problem on this moment is on the exchange, they should come on line... we have advised them to roll back to their previous version that was working without any problems.

What's next?...will be a release of the new wallet with integration of the electron GUI also to expect soon is the new website..... and after that the file storage.

If you want to know all the ins and outs... just join our slack channel... https://join.slack.com/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MjAzMjE5NTA0MTQ3LTE0OTg0NDYyOTItN2M5YjJkY2I3Nw.

If you want to follow what our dev are doing:
For the wallet progress       https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/commits/master
For the electron progress    https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Electron-Ecc-gui/commits/master

community and dev is active enough but with 25% pos annually it has aspeed inflation..

The 25% is valid until we reach 25 billion ECC and to use the words from the developer:
Sia has... 27 billion coins
XEM has 9 billion
Bytecoin has 183 billion and is rank 13 in value on coinmarketcap
and each of those coins is worth 1 cent right now, supply does not matter for a coins price.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
June 27, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
hey guys sorry i can't seem to make sense of this. i bought a few more ecc today, trying to trickle it in bit by bit. now the coinexchange.io wallet is "temporarily offline". i guess this is a bigger problem than just the ECC wallet not syncing etc. what's the story here? i'm relatively new to this so is this problem on dev side or the exchange? i'm on mac os x and seeing all the problems with the local wallet so far, i'm just curious about this new kind of problem. i saw twitter and forum posts re: this being fixed but what exactly comes next? thanks for your time.

sorry if this is redundant, pm is fine. just having a hard time staying on top of all the problems :/

The problem on this moment is on the exchange, they should come on line... we have advised them to roll back to their previous version that was working without any problems.

What's next?...will be a release of the new wallet with integration of the electron GUI also to expect soon is the new website..... and after that the file storage.

If you want to know all the ins and outs... just join our slack channel... https://join.slack.com/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MjAzMjE5NTA0MTQ3LTE0OTg0NDYyOTItN2M5YjJkY2I3Nw.

For the wallet progress       https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/commits/master
For the electron progress    https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Electron-Ecc-gui/commits/master

community and dev is active enough but with 25% pos annually it has aspeed inflation..
legendary
June 27, 2017, 09:04:48 AM

For the wallet progress       https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/commits/master
For the electron progress    https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Electron-Ecc-gui/commits/master
Activity: 17
June 27, 2017, 08:46:23 AM

legendary
June 27, 2017, 07:33:35 AM
Yes, I've been through the maze of discontinued threads to get from easy clear coin to this non-functional coin thanks. I staked ECC until there were zero connections and then I shut it down...that's what "after that" means. Try to read slower and perhaps you can comprehend moar. Whether this was due to a protocol change or whatnot, I do not know and I don't really care.

If you think this is a great coin, awesome, more power to you. I do not. I just want a wallet that actually works so I can flush this turd.

Since you seem so worried about it, why don't you go here and tell me when I stopped staking ECC after trading for them in April of 2014...just as I said.

...or better yet, why don't you just buy my 50m remaining fail coins and I can be done with this whole mess. I've already wasted hours trying to get the many variations of dysfunctional wallets to work. My time is valuable to me, I don't need to waste it alpha testing someone's garbage code.

Well that address seem to have no coins in it. All those coins have been send to: https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/EfP1Ee2EhFKzE1WAaP2Gnihr2BvmUqVrQB that can be another wallet address from you or maybe the exchange.

As we all know the exchange has a problem with the wallet, so if you send the coins to the exchange, then you have to wait until THEY come online.

BTW my wallet is working nicely, it stakes and sends to any address....just not to the exchange.
June 27, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

legendary
June 27, 2017, 04:18:26 AM
lol Like people have a choice, other than to hold. It's already been down at coinex for over a week, and the problems are plainly not their fault.

I have made that choice a long time ago in 2014...  I am holding the coin, a few weeks or months maybe even a few more years... it doesn't matter to me.

Now you come talking about a week? Don't make me laugh 😂.....I am not praying on the money or BTC from newbies by trying to steal their money via the trollboxes, my coins they are going to buy because they will buy a fucking good product...and that takes some time...cheers
I'm very happy for you, if that's your decision, it's not mine. We both know you didn't have much choice during most of that time anyway. I stacked ECC in April of 2014 and it was orphaned after that.

Now I'd like to move them, but despite having 6 different versions of wallets I cannot move my coins for weeks at a time.

I think you are lost in time, since Griffith took the coin over in August of 2014, the ECC wallet has been running smoothly and we where always able to withdraw/deposit and trade ECC on various exchanges. On this moment there is a small problem while Griffith is preparing the core for the file storage future and that is being solved as well.

So your claim that ECC was orphaned since April, 2014 is total BS!!
It seems you haven't been looking at ECC since April, 2014 what was 1 whole month after the launch of ECC.... and now decide that you have to complain and can't wait a bit...well don't worry you can sell your coins when the exchange wallet is online.

A good day to you, next time check your facts.

If you have any doubts of what I am saying is true or not then you can follow the history of ECC by the links below.

1. ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503236.5880
2. ) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eccoin-ecc-takeover-by-trusted-cryptos-team-griffith-728071
3. ) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10926361
Activity: 7
June 26, 2017, 04:59:19 PM
Hmmm so I came back and found this error:

https://screencast.com/t/EaRqmHYzIGB

Error shown is: "Error loading blkindex.dat"?

When I click to press ok, it just shuts it down.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

maybe you had a sudden unexpected shutdown? sometimes the data gets corrupted, so, make a backup, i think there is a bootstrap somewhere [edit: there is, in the first post of this thread], get that, then basically delete all blockchain related files from the data folder, (or follow any instructions that come with the bootstrap)(do NOT delete the wallet.dat) install the bootstrap and sync  Smiley

Yeah I have tried a few times now and its not working in any case... wondering if I do need the new wallet?

You have to wait for the new wallet that comes out this coming week. It's the new wallet that's been updated on Coinexchange.io. A new webpage is coming out for ECC this week..

Right fingers crossed its released soon Wink
June 26, 2017, 04:11:47 PM
lol Like people have a choice, other than to hold. It's already been down at coinex for over a week, and the problems are plainly not their fault.

I have made that choice a long time ago in 2014...  I am holding the coin, a few weeks or months maybe even a few more years... it doesn't matter to me.

Now you come talking about a week? Don't make me laugh 😂.....I am not praying on the money or BTC from newbies by trying to steal their money via the trollboxes, my coins they are going to buy because they will buy a fucking good product...and that takes some time...cheers
I'm very happy for you, if that's your decision, it's not mine. We both know you didn't have much choice during most of that time anyway. I stacked ECC in April of 2014 and it was orphaned after that.

Now I'd like to move them, but despite having 6 different versions of wallets I cannot move my coins for weeks at a time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2017, 10:36:21 AM
LADIES AND GENTS!!! STOP MOVING YOUR COINS UNTIL THE WALLET IS FIXED. BE PATIENT!!! The developer is working on it and it will be released soon. Before you post or ask questions, read the previous threads and that will assist in 95% of your unanswered questions. Have faith and cheers to all of you who are in this together holding. Shorts will get burned on this one!

Your friendly neighborhood B3ar  Cool

I send some coins  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1400
June 26, 2017, 01:22:08 AM
i'm always amazed by how many people still try to move coins around knowing the wallet is having issues  instead of waiting for it to be fixed . . . .

I tried moving my ecc last week before I knew the e-wallet had issues, I'm just trying to figure out what to do going forward as now my ecc has been sent but unable to be received to the deposit address generated by the e-wallet.

Is the e-wallet actually being fixed (which I assume means my address will still be valid when its back online)?

or

Is there a new replacement wallet coming out making the old e-wallet and possibly my deposit address obsolete?

your old address will be fine. you will more than likely see your coins move after the new wallet comes out and you use it to sync with the chain
Activity: 2
June 26, 2017, 12:26:27 AM
i'm always amazed by how many people still try to move coins around knowing the wallet is having issues  instead of waiting for it to be fixed . . . .

I tried moving my ecc last week before I knew the e-wallet had issues, I'm just trying to figure out what to do going forward as now my ecc has been sent but unable to be received to the deposit address generated by the e-wallet.

Is the e-wallet actually being fixed (which I assume means my address will still be valid when its back online)?

or

Is there a new replacement wallet coming out making the old e-wallet and possibly my deposit address obsolete?
legendary
June 25, 2017, 11:05:40 PM
legendary
June 25, 2017, 10:48:42 PM
Would someone mind inviting me to the $ECC slack group? My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance!  Grin

invite sent
legendary
June 25, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

Activity: 9
June 25, 2017, 01:48:50 PM
Would someone mind inviting me to the $ECC slack group? My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance!  Grin
June 25, 2017, 01:42:36 PM
Activity: 3
June 25, 2017, 10:41:15 AM
LADIES AND GENTS!!! STOP MOVING YOUR COINS UNTIL THE WALLET IS FIXED. BE PATIENT!!! The developer is working on it and it will be released soon. Before you post or ask questions, read the previous threads and that will assist in 95% of your unanswered questions. Have faith and cheers to all of you who are in this together holding. Shorts will get burned on this one!

Your friendly neighborhood B3ar  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: