Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 65. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 12, 2017, 11:01:49 AM
There is no need to convince people or to try to change their mind, that is a waste of time. What Vifzor did is giving people a tip about an excellent investing opportunity. Very cool and thank you for that!

Now it is to Griffith to follow the ROADMAP and launch the Filesharing application for the wallet, that will be best way for those people to change their mind.

Activity: 74
Merit: 15
June 12, 2017, 10:20:10 AM
Hey griffith,

I mentioned your project and your coin on a big french forum thread (more than 50 people watching the thread constantly) When i talked about it there, some people were enthusiast, while some other more skeptical! Some of them even called it a shitcoin, which made me sad!

This thread reunite a big part of the french speaking crypto community. There is many investor(mostly novice people as the crypto is still young, but some experienced people back from ~2015 also)  there willing to get to know more about your coin. They only see it trough my inexperienced words.

Maybe if you post a message there, and answer a few questions eventually, it could help the coin to rise in the french community.

If you have time and are willing to promote yourself your coin to a good audience,  you can make an account here on https://www.jeuxvideo.com/sso/register.php

And post here ; This is the thread i mentioned : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-46543643-2456-0-1-0-officiel-ethereum.htm

Best regards,

vifzor

I understand people getting skeptic about coins... There are a ton of coins being produced every month and unfortunately many of them are just with purpose of filling "Devs" pockets. To me that's the true Shitcoins.
Anyone that spends some time reading this ann and investigating about Griffith and Cryptounited, will realize that this is a totally distinct story.
ECC was caught in a bad condition, has been fixed and now even have a real purpose. So we reach a good level of maturity. It still have a long way to go, but that's the main reason it still can be bought at 9-10 sats

I will not speak for Griffith, and i'm pretty sure later on he will answer personally, but wanted just to share my feelings about ECC.

ECC is an AltCoin. Once it was a SatCoin (Glad i bought good amount at that time), but not a Shitcoin! Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
June 12, 2017, 08:38:23 AM
Hey griffith,

I mentioned your project and your coin on a big french forum thread (more than 50 people watching the thread constantly) When i talked about it there, some people were enthusiast, while some other more skeptical! Some of them even called it a shitcoin, which made me sad!

This thread reunite a big part of the french speaking crypto community. There is many investor(mostly novice people as the crypto is still young, but some experienced people back from ~2015 also)  there willing to get to know more about your coin. They only see it trough my inexperienced words.

Maybe if you post a message there, and answer a few questions eventually, it could help the coin to rise in the french community.

If you have time and are willing to promote yourself your coin to a good audience,  you can make an account here on https://www.jeuxvideo.com/sso/register.php

And post here ; This is the thread i mentioned : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-46543643-2456-0-1-0-officiel-ethereum.htm

Best regards,

vifzor
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 12, 2017, 07:52:56 AM
Griffith,

It's great to see this coin taking off again. I encourage you to continue working on it, fixing it, updating it. I have some subscribers and YouTube channels and I am making people aware of it. My interest mainly lies in the POS and storage tech the coin offers. Looking forward to more updates. And hopefully it gets on Bittrex, I think people just need to let them know about it.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 12, 2017, 07:24:55 AM
New wallet came out but now its not even showing staking option while unlocking it.  Huh

It will be staking if you unlock it.

If you have some more problems, then PM and I will try to help you out.
Activity: 894
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2017, 05:26:42 AM
IMO Bittrex is the only choice we have.
Poloniex picks the coins they want, not the other way arround.

But... more and more traders are switching to Bittrex the last few weeks.
If there is a way we could get this to Bittrex, 100SAT will be reached before the end of this summer.

With kind regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
June 12, 2017, 05:25:40 AM
New wallet came out but now its not even showing staking option while unlocking it.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1400
June 12, 2017, 03:43:39 AM
Good News Everyone,

The new wallets are up on the website. (OSX will be released tomorrow)

You can either head on over to http://www.cryptounited.io and download the ecc wallets from the coins section or follow the links on the OP.

https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-win32.exe
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-win64.exe
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-deb32
https://www.cryptounited.io/downloads/ecc/eccoin-deb64

This wallet was a HUGEEE upgrade from the last one. so it is possible that there are some bugs left that i didnt find during testing.

If you have any issues or notice any bugs that you would like to report with the new wallet, you can either:
1) create an issue on the github (http://www.github.com/greg-griffith/eccoin)
2) send us an email on the contact section of the website.
3) post in slack(PM or support channel)
4) PM me on bitcointalk
5) Post about it on this forum.

Over this next week, I would like to ask the community to help us get this coin listed on another exchange. We are hoping for either bittrex or poloniex. Any discussion on which people think would be better is encouraged. or any other input of any kind.

The CryptoUnited team is also working on updating sections of the website. as well as making more podcast and videos to expand our current youtube channel with more information helpful for the cryptocurrency community in general.

This coin is going to change the way people think about crypto currencies

-Griffith
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
June 12, 2017, 01:16:17 AM
new wallet release will happen in 2 hours at what is 8pm my time

Thanks a lot. Waiting anxiously.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
June 11, 2017, 09:58:07 PM
Hi, just found this coin, can someone explain to me why the price jumped from 1 sat to 7 sat in the past 4 days? Also the price curve on Coinmarketcap looks weird, seems like the price as been below 1 sat from time to time?

ECC has been around since 2014 and was more or less dead for a long time. It has recently been revived and is picking up momentum and users. More exchanges are needed to smooth things out a bit but, that will come in time. A new wallet is due today or tomorrow now that the coin is actively being developed again.

So the price spike is due to the coin taken over by CryptoUnited just a few days ago? Why is the thread so long then?  Cheesy

I wonder what exchanges you had before being added on CoinExchange, that resulted in a price lower than 1 sat?

No, the coin was taken over by Griffith in August, 2014. The guy who created it pro-mined it and let it go. One of the reasons was that the code was full of errors and the chain was forking all the time.
Griffith took it over and started to repair the wallet. As you properly know any coin that is taken over has all kind of problems because people are angry.

It took 3 years to repair the wallet AND find a good purpose for the coin.
Now Griffith ( yeah the same one that is already 3 years with the coin) has done testing and improving the File Storage on the Blockchain and he made his new plan known. This has generated new interest in ECC.
Especially because the direct competition with the same qty of generated coins and also doing the file storage is going for around 535 Sat at the moment.

Wow, memory fades fast! Now that you mention it, I do remember Griffith taking this on and, several others.

ehh... i feel like i should supplement this a bit while the linux wallets start their compilations.

here is actual timeline:

original dev makes coin in march 2014 with 0.5% bounty --> coin goes on mintpal --> i am assuming original dev sold his stash (500 million) during peak mintpal times of about 10 satoshi --> coin breaks and basically dies due to forking (i think there were about 7 or 8 forks at the time) --> i see the coin and said to myself ive been gpu mining btc/ltc for a while, since im going to school for software engineering i think i could make a go at this whole coin dev thing --> i spend about 2-5 months testing fixes and trying to fix the forks in this coin, in that time i learned a lot on how the blockchain actually works --> eventually i fix the coin --> mintpal goes belly up and everything goes quiet for a while --> i get the coin listed on bleutrade --> i try for about 8 or 9 months (if not a little longer) to successfully make a wallet that can run multiple coins locally simultaneously and find out that due to the way the coins load, this consumes a ton of memory and doesnt scale at all --> quiet for a few more months where im working on helping some coins run by other teams and learning more about bitcoins built in script language as well as keys and cryptography in general, during this time i took a few classes at university on cryptography. --> quiet over last summer because i went to work for a startup company in the western united states that wanted to use blockchain to make a payment system. was real busy with that. it didnt work out. company now gone. --> came back and said ok, i know a lot about this now. i think i can actually take a coin and be innovative with it. --> started to actively develop this again with new features planned and such.

TL;DR took over this coin after original dev left. spent a long time becoming experienced in blockchain tech. decided to actively develop this coin again.

Wow reading all this just game me more faith in ECC! I will tell my Subscribers about this history class =) because a lot of of them are asking me why I believe so much in this coin, but I dont know, I just have a gut feeling telling me that it will be pretty damn big. As long as Dev/Devs keep working on it. Right now I'm uploading a video teaching them how to use CoinExchange as most dont understand that platform, next video I will show them this and translate it into Spanish. My channel has 3,751 subscribers, my English channel has 137, I know that some people first heard about ECC thanks to me and that makes me feels good inside =)
legendary
June 11, 2017, 09:18:22 PM
new wallet release will happen in 2 hours at what is 8pm my time
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 11, 2017, 08:35:13 PM
It's hard to mine ? I talk the about the difficulty

It's obvious that the more ECC you have, the more you get. It is 25% per Year.
I dont find it hard to mine. It may take a few days until you get your first stakes, but after that you get them more often
Why we need ECC for mine ECC it's strange...sorry iam a newbie

And for mine by POS i only need to withdraw all my coin on my wallet ?
June 11, 2017, 08:16:17 PM

It's obvious that the more ECC you have, the more you get. It is 25% per Year.
I dont find it hard to mine. It may take a few days until you get your first stakes, but after that you get them more often
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 11, 2017, 08:12:31 PM
Can you mine this again?
You can mine by POS. You buy some (if you dont have already) and let them in your wallet open for stake.
June 11, 2017, 07:44:18 PM
Can you mine this again?
You can mine by POS. You buy some (if you dont have already) and let them in your wallet open for stake.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
June 11, 2017, 06:04:44 PM
Can you mine this again?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
June 11, 2017, 05:02:07 PM
Having a problem with the old wallet. Can't get it to make a network UPNP connection. Running 64 bit Windows, wallet is unlocked, firewall allows all from/to wallet but, UpNP choice under Network grayed out. This is recent, worked last week. Any thoughts?
legendary
June 11, 2017, 04:40:03 PM
If anyone would like to join our slack, here is the link

https://join.slack.com/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MTk2ODEyMTUxODQ2LTE0OTcyMDg2NTQtNmJjNmZjZGFjMw

it should be open for anyone to join. will also put this on the OP
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
June 11, 2017, 04:27:52 PM
Hi, just found this coin, can someone explain to me why the price jumped from 1 sat to 7 sat in the past 4 days? Also the price curve on Coinmarketcap looks weird, seems like the price as been below 1 sat from time to time?

ECC has been around since 2014 and was more or less dead for a long time. It has recently been revived and is picking up momentum and users. More exchanges are needed to smooth things out a bit but, that will come in time. A new wallet is due today or tomorrow now that the coin is actively being developed again.

So the price spike is due to the coin taken over by CryptoUnited just a few days ago? Why is the thread so long then?  Cheesy

I wonder what exchanges you had before being added on CoinExchange, that resulted in a price lower than 1 sat?

No, the coin was taken over by Griffith in August, 2014. The guy who created it pro-mined it and let it go. One of the reasons was that the code was full of errors and the chain was forking all the time.
Griffith took it over and started to repair the wallet. As you properly know any coin that is taken over has all kind of problems because people are angry.

Now Griffith ( yeah the same one that is already 3 years with the coin) has done testing and improving the File Storage on the Blockchain and he made his new plan known. This has generated new interest in ECC.
Especially because the direct competition with the same qty of generated coins and also doing the file storage is going for around 535 Sat at the moment.

Wow, memory fades fast! Now that you mention it, I do remember Griffith taking this on and, several others.

ehh... i feel like i should supplement this a bit while the linux wallets start their compilations.

here is actual timeline:

original dev makes coin in march 2014 with 0.5% bounty --> coin goes on mintpal --> i am assuming original dev sold his stash (500 million) during peak mintpal times of about 10 satoshi --> coin breaks and basically dies due to forking (i think there were about 7 or 8 forks at the time) --> i see the coin and said to myself ive been gpu mining btc/ltc for a while, since im going to school for software engineering i think i could make a go at this whole coin dev thing --> i spend about 2-5 months testing fixes and trying to fix the forks in this coin, in that time i learned a lot on how the blockchain actually works --> eventually i fix the coin --> mintpal goes belly up and everything goes quiet for a while --> i get the coin listed on bleutrade --> i try for about 8 or 9 months (if not a little longer) to successfully make a wallet that can run multiple coins locally simultaneously and find out that due to the way the coins load, this consumes a ton of memory and doesnt scale at all --> quiet for a few more months where im working on helping some coins run by other teams and learning more about bitcoins built in script language as well as keys and cryptography in general, during this time i took a few classes at university on cryptography. --> quiet over last summer because i went to work for a startup company in the western united states that wanted to use blockchain to make a payment system. was real busy with that. it didnt work out. company now gone. --> came back and said ok, i know a lot about this now. i think i can actually take a coin and be innovative with it. --> started to actively develop this again with new features planned and such.

TL;DR took over this coin after original dev left. spent a long time becoming experienced in blockchain tech. decided to actively develop this coin again.

Thanks for the history lesson!  Grin  And, thanks for taking on the project, ECC deserves to live again...

legendary
June 11, 2017, 03:12:07 PM

here is actual timeline:

Pages:
Jump to: