Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 260. (Read 342426 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
keep voting on mintpal we just passed gpu coin!!!! we can do it!!!!
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

If you want to get ECC to go "to the moon" and you aren't voting every hour on Cryptorush...why not?  Depending on level of trading there, you can vote multiple times an hour.  Seriously, go vote!

to be listed there, you just need to pay them 0.25 btc. the vote can go forever, some coins have some crazy people who vote using VPN and not limited by hour, they can get as many IPs as they want, so voting doesn't make much sense now.

that's a good way to get listed  Grin
exchanges have to make some BTCs, smaller exchange the commissions are not enough... it is at least better than the vote which a lot people cheated.
Activity: 215

If you want to get ECC to go "to the moon" and you aren't voting every hour on Cryptorush...why not?  Depending on level of trading there, you can vote multiple times an hour.  Seriously, go vote!

to be listed there, you just need to pay them 0.25 btc. the vote can go forever, some coins have some crazy people who vote using VPN and not limited by hour, they can get as many IPs as they want, so voting doesn't make much sense now.

that's a good way to get listed  Grin
Activity: 215
I have a question about the minting process. I have my wallet encrypted and now it says "minting process suspended due to locked wallet".  Does the wallet have to be unlocked to mint?? and If I have it locked now does the minting day start from when the coins are unlocked?

The wallet has to be unlock in order to mint. Use console to do it.

Open you wallet, if it's not synchronized go to the first page of this thread. If it is, then go to  Help -> Debug window -> console

write this :

walletpassphrase 999999 true

where = your passphrase

For pos the coin-day is not affected because the wallet locked. Once unlocked the related coin days will be used for pos minting.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have a question about the minting process. I have my wallet encrypted and now it says "minting process suspended due to locked wallet".  Does the wallet have to be unlocked to mint?? and If I have it locked now does the minting day start from when the coins are unlocked?
and i just tested it. vpn no longer works

no that has been changed... vpn no longers works as its per account now Wink
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

I have some questions about PoS... I've read about it and understand the general concept, but I think an example with real numbers would very useful.  
So can someone describe what will happen for someone holding 100000 ECCoin?   If I have 100k today, will it start paying PoS interest in 42 days or is it from the time PoW ends?  Is there a minimum amount required?  
Thanks!

No minimum required. 25% is the annual rate, so 100K you hold 42 days, will generate approximately
100000 * 0.25 * 42 / 365 = 2876 ECCs.

And then you hold 102876 ECCs, hold another 42 days will generated you
102876 * 0.25 * 42 / 365 = 2959 ECCs, and so on and so forth.
This helps but also confuses me more at the same time...  
You make it seem like interest payouts (aka PoS rewards) are only paid out every 42 days, but isn't it 42 days of holding?  The example shows that after 84 days, I'd have 102876 ECC, but aren't there any rewards paid on days 43 to 83 on the 100k stake?
So on the first day of PoS rewards, 2876 ECC are earned from holding 100k as shown, and wouldn't the same be earned the on day 2 of PoS?  Then after 42 days of holding the first 2876 PoS reward, it starts earning PoS reward as well?
I guess what he said is that you hold 100K for 42 days, then you will get 2876 ECCs in pos blocks, then you have 102876 ECCs now, holding them another 42 days will generate another 2959 ECCs for you. Pos is exactly like interests, and the 2nd time you like get the compound interest, your 2nd interest is based on 102876 that's why you get more 2nd time.
I've just found the answer I was looking for here:  http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/20007/how-does-proof-of-stake-mining-work
I initially thought the PoS payout was like daily compound interest from the banking world but it is 42-day compound interest.
It's the detail about coin-age being reset to zero upon PoS payout that I wasn't aware of.

yes that makes a huge difference

no pos coin is doing daily compound

i have been doing the same at mintpal.com every 1 i can
Activity: 9

I have some questions about PoS... I've read about it and understand the general concept, but I think an example with real numbers would very useful.  
So can someone describe what will happen for someone holding 100000 ECCoin?   If I have 100k today, will it start paying PoS interest in 42 days or is it from the time PoW ends?  Is there a minimum amount required?  
Thanks!

No minimum required. 25% is the annual rate, so 100K you hold 42 days, will generate approximately

You make it seem like interest payouts (aka PoS rewards) are only paid out every 42 days, but isn't it 42 days of holding?  The example shows that after 84 days, I'd have 102876 ECC, but aren't there any rewards paid on days 43 to 83 on the 100k stake?
So on the first day of PoS rewards, 2876 ECC are earned from holding 100k as shown, and wouldn't the same be earned the on day 2 of PoS?  Then after 42 days of holding the first 2876 PoS reward, it starts earning PoS reward as well?
I guess what he said is that you hold 100K for 42 days, then you will get 2876 ECCs in pos blocks, then you have 102876 ECCs now, holding them another 42 days will generate another 2959 ECCs for you. Pos is exactly like interests, and the 2nd time you like get the compound interest, your 2nd interest is based on 102876 that's why you get more 2nd time.
I've just found the answer I was looking for here:  http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/20007/how-does-proof-of-stake-mining-work
I initially thought the PoS payout was like daily compound interest from the banking world but it is 42-day compound interest.
It's the detail about coin-age being reset to zero upon PoS payout that I wasn't aware of.

yes that makes a huge difference
Activity: 21
Thanks!

Activity: 421
everyone needs to vote at mintpal.com/vote  we need to spread this coin like wild fire.... get out there and spread the twitter.. tell ur friends who don't  mine.. help them get into mining... !!!!

+1, vote!
everyone needs to vote at mintpal.com/vote  we need to spread this coin like wild fire.... get out there and spread the twitter.. tell ur friends who don't  mine.. help them get into mining... !!!!
Activity: 196

ECCoin Mining Pool.

Features
• PROP reward system.
• Stratum.
• Payouts are processed every 5 minutes.

The pool has a mining fee of 1%.

http://ecc.cloudminers.net
Activity: 154
Cryptopool down....

It's been up and down for a few hours now, front-end at least. May well explain the drop in network hashrate to < 2GH/s and the commensurate drop in difficulty. Make hay while the sun (sort of) shines I guess for those of us with failover configured.

our pool @ http://ecc.coins4everyone.com is working well guys!
just waiting for some more miners!

happy mining.
Thanks!

yea a big drop in net hash  Huh but im liking the ez coins right now  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Cryptopool down....

It's been up and down for a few hours now, front-end at least. May well explain the drop in network hashrate to < 2GH/s and the commensurate drop in difficulty. Make hay while the sun (sort of) shines I guess for those of us with failover configured.
Jump to: