Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 3. (Read 342373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Are you sure your github source code is updated ?
Because the log is starting with 1.6 displayed, and this file is :

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/4d070869d101b35356c163e9929eb89628314190/eccoin-master/src/version.h

#define DISPLAY_VERSION_MAJOR 1
#define DISPLAY_VERSION_MINOR 6

Tried and got 211037 blocks and a balance 10 times more than expected than what we get with 1.6 which is really strange.
Sending coins left unconfirmed although 10 connections.

How many blocks do you have guys ?
Is there any new block explorer to checkup blocks ?
What are your nodes ?

Thank you.

the current block is 211037. you are correctly synced and yes. im aware that it displayes the wrong version. i was more concerned about fixing the forks at the time that changing the version number. yes my source is updated.

Thanks for confirming. Okay, deleting wallet.dat and reimporting every privates keys seems to do the trick.

never delete wallet.dat. that means all of your coins and everything is gone. you want to delete everything BUT wallet.dat always save that file

if my wallet shows the current block number less then what the actual number is does that mean i am still on the wrong fork and no coins from mint pal yet still syncing I'm just wondering why is it showing less then what the current block number i anyone can help? I'm learning how to do stuff on my own

here is the pic

http://imgur.com/R7SSmGy

you said you were still synching. thats exactly what it means, u dont see anything because you are still synching. sometimes it takes a while cuz the chain is a little funked (trying to fix that in 1.Cool. just be patient with it for now
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
if my wallet shows the current block number less then what the actual number is does that mean i am still on the wrong fork and no coins from mint pal yet still syncing I'm just wondering why is it showing less then what the current block number i anyone can help? I'm learning how to do stuff on my own

here is the pic

http://imgur.com/R7SSmGy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/4d070869d101b35356c163e9929eb89628314190/eccoin-master/src/version.h

Tried and got 211037 blocks and a balance 10 times more than expected than what we get with 1.6 which is really strange.

What are your nodes ?

Thank you.

the current block is 211037. you are correctly synced and yes. im aware that it displayes the wrong version. i was more concerned about fixing the forks at the time that changing the version number. yes my source is updated.

Thanks for confirming. Okay, deleting wallet.dat and reimporting every privates keys seems to do the trick.
legendary

What are your nodes ?

Thank you.

Activity: 154

What are your nodes ?

Thank you.
legendary
it has been brought to my attention that the wallet will give the warning that it is no longer synched from time to time even though it is. i believe this is because due to the older chain problems there is very little hash on the wallet chain and the difficulty is stuck at something around 100MH of scrypt. the wallet says that is is out of sync because a block is only coming out every 3 to 6 hours making the chian move slowly and confrims take a while. i will start working on a fix to this when i get home tomorrow and it will be patched in wallet version 1.8

Here's something interesting. Seems every block that ends in "386" like "91386" causes the wallet to hang. Times vary but eventually, it will not move on and has to be restarted. Running v 1.6.0.0

Backed up wallet.dat and tried reinstall, updated config, deleted all files other than wallet.dat and reinstalled, no joy. One of the strangest things I have seen in 30 years in the industry...  : )

Any ideas? Have over 40 coins, EC is the only one doing this.

run my updated wallet of 1.7. (found on those media fire downloads). that will help. u want to be running the newest version
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
it has been brought to my attention that the wallet will give the warning that it is no longer synched from time to time even though it is. i believe this is because due to the older chain problems there is very little hash on the wallet chain and the difficulty is stuck at something around 100MH of scrypt. the wallet says that is is out of sync because a block is only coming out every 3 to 6 hours making the chian move slowly and confrims take a while. i will start working on a fix to this when i get home tomorrow and it will be patched in wallet version 1.8

Here's something interesting. Seems every block that ends in "386" like "91386" causes the wallet to hang. Times vary but eventually, it will not move on and has to be restarted. Running v 1.6.0.0

Backed up wallet.dat and tried reinstall, updated config, deleted all files other than wallet.dat and reinstalled, no joy. One of the strangest things I have seen in 30 years in the industry...  : )

Any ideas? Have over 40 coins, EC is the only one doing this.
legendary
Okay. i have had both of the wallets tested and my fix to the source code has fixed the forks. with these wallets (fixed checkpoints) and the conf file hostmaster uploaded with the 1.6 update. you should be able to connect to mintpal if you redownload the block chain. the download for the chain may be slow but will speed up as more people download it. REMEMBER NOT TO DELETE UR WALLET.DAT FILE! (probably should back that up as well)

WALLET UPDATE 1.7 FORK ISSUE FIXED. ON THE MINTPAL FORK(the main fork)

WINDOWS WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9quocc81n9ui7m/eccoin-qt.exe

MAC WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ki5gjal0kjddau5/ECCoin-Qt.dmg

this is an ecc wallet fix produced by the Goldmaxx dev team.

I've deleted the block chain and had it resync and tried to send coins to deposit 2 coins into mintpal and tried to with drawl 100 coins from MintPal. The coins sent out but never reached MintPal. No coins are being sent from MintPal since the withdrawl request still says CONFIRMED and not SUCCESSFUL.

my wallet is stuck on block 87400 out of 211036

am i suppose to delete the ecccoin folder redownload the updated version let it load fully with none of my coins the wallet then paste my wallet.dat

is this the correct method or can i just paste my wallet in the new wallet and let it sync which is what i, doing now instead of waiting for the entire block chain to load to then paste my wallet.dat

you need to delete everything in the roaming ECC folder except ur wallet.dat and resync everything (keep the .conf too)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
Activity: 346
Merit: 260
Can you still mine this coin or is it just POS?
Okay. i have had both of the wallets tested and my fix to the source code has fixed the forks. with these wallets (fixed checkpoints) and the conf file hostmaster uploaded with the 1.6 update. you should be able to connect to mintpal if you redownload the block chain. the download for the chain may be slow but will speed up as more people download it. REMEMBER NOT TO DELETE UR WALLET.DAT FILE! (probably should back that up as well)

WALLET UPDATE 1.7 FORK ISSUE FIXED. ON THE MINTPAL FORK(the main fork)

WINDOWS WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9quocc81n9ui7m/eccoin-qt.exe

MAC WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ki5gjal0kjddau5/ECCoin-Qt.dmg

this is an ecc wallet fix produced by the Goldmaxx dev team.

I've deleted the block chain and had it resync and tried to send coins to deposit 2 coins into mintpal and tried to with drawl 100 coins from MintPal. The coins sent out but never reached MintPal. No coins are being sent from MintPal since the withdrawl request still says CONFIRMED and not SUCCESSFUL.

my wallet is stuck on block 87400 out of 211036

am i suppose to delete the ecccoin folder redownload the updated version let it load fully with none of my coins the wallet then paste my wallet.dat

is this the correct method or can i just paste my wallet in the new wallet and let it sync which is what i, doing now instead of waiting for the entire block chain to load to then paste my wallet.dat
Activity: 189
Its working for me!
Thanks guys!
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
ret
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
Got my ECC from Mintpal  Wink
Work fine.Thanks.
ECC to da Moon!!!
legendary
Activity: 132
the new github repo for the 1.7 source. can be found here. https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/tree/master

had trouble with the media fire download. this worked great.
legendary
for now we will continue to use this thread. however,  @HOSTMASTER if you are willing to give me the html you used in the original post i would like to open a new thread so that i can maintain the original post with updates as needed.

if anyone has any other concerns or questions, feel free to ask here or PM me or MdtSpain. i am in contact with him a lot and he can relay messages to me quickly.
Activity: 168
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: