Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 2. (Read 342373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
wow this is a thread I have not seen in a long time, ever since last dev basically stuck us.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Marketing Team Announcement

First of all, let’s thank Joe Melon. He was responsible for getting us off and running, which is always the hardest part. We thank him immensely for everything he has done for our team and community, and wish him luck in his new endeavor. The countless hours of hard work he has put in are paying off, and we need to make sure we maintain traction in order to continue moving forward.

Being the Marketing Lead for a crypto project is no small feat, and we believe we have the guy who is up for the challenge. Hand picked by Joe to follow in his well-worn shoes, we’re proud to introduce Wim Sijberts to the community as Marketing Lead for the ECC project. He will be tasked with defining the marketing strategy and setting it into motion, and will be unveiling his marketing plan soon. If you want a preview of his marketing motto, take a look at this snippet from Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk.
https://medium.com/@project_ecc/marketing-team-announcement-2c7c3441f6a6
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
ECC Community and Project Update

Needless to say, it’s been a busy couple of weeks. After a successful launch of our new website, bringing to life a partnership with Amplitudo and Video4Commerce, and unwrapping a teaser of our new product, Sapphire, we are continuing to work hard by improving the ECC wallet and bringing ANS to testnet. The community has grown quite rapidly as well, and we’re doing our best to keep up.

For those who are new, welcome to our tight-knit community. We hope that you ask questions, enjoy interacting with each other, make recommendations, and help us grow.

For our long-time members, thank you for your guidance and commitment. Without you, the project wouldn’t be where it is today.

We’re very much looking forward to what lies ahead.

Community to us means coming together and working as a team in order to get the job done. Many different people from various backgrounds and countries contribute daily to make it all work.

And they do it all for free. Everyone who contributes is purely a volunteer. We hope that our work will one day pay off in the form of the project’s success.

ECC is and always will be a community project. That means an open-source codebase and a community of contributors. You’ll always have direct access to the entire core team through the chat channels. In addition to Slack, we’ve recently added Discord, an additional channel that was being requested by a large number of you. You’ll find that we’re frequently available in both. Feel free to use whichever one you like best.

This project has many facets to it, in addition to software development. From marketing and business development to support — they all need equal attention from talented individuals.

It’s important to make sure that we are focused in our efforts, efficiently working towards our goals, and accountable for what is promised and delivered.
Focused. Efficient. Accountable.

In order to better organize and ensure we can do all of these, we are going to be shaking things up a bit within the core team. Joe Melon is transitioning from leading the marketing efforts to a more consultative role, and we welcome Sean Mahoney and David Castillo into consultative roles as well.

Over the next couple of posts, we’ll be introducing our full plan for reorganization along with all the core team members, providing updates on the current status of the product, and many other exciting things.

Cheers, and welcome to the ECC family.

https://medium.com/@project_ecc/community-update-1e57cfb1674e
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1148
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I thought pos is more secure than pow coin, it has better protection for 51% attack...
Activity: 894
Hostmaster...can you please put a lock on this topic?

Regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 239
ECC already dead???

coin was removed from all the major exchanges - is dead
Activity: 266
People i permitted to takeover like explained before.
here is new ecc thread new beginning hope brings success.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eccoin-ecc-takeover-by-trusted-cryptos-team-griffith-728071

i will lock the thread if there is no issue there, after waiting few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
So
Is it possible to withdraw from Mintpal to wallet already?

yes i fixed this in v 1.7. please post in the new thread from now on
Activity: 341
So
Is it possible to withdraw from Mintpal to wallet already?
legendary
NEW THREAD.

since i dont own the OP we have made a new thread so that i can post updates and news as it comes.

NEW THREAD: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eccoin-ecc-takeover-by-trusted-cryptos-team-griffith-728071

hostmaster will close this thread soon. please post anything further on the new thread.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Thank you, usually it just works.  You run the .dmg and the wallet opens.

Hi, I have noticed my mistake. Angry  I have send an empty .dmg file to Griffith. I have notified him and send him the new file....this time with the wallet.

Just wait for him to confirm that he replaced the MAC download link...

so do i have to resync my ecc wallet again??
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

Hi, I have noticed my mistake. Angry  I have send an empty .dmg file to Griffith. I have notified him and send him the new file....this time with the wallet.

Just wait for him to confirm that he replaced the MAC download link...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Are you sure your github source code is updated ?
Because the log is starting with 1.6 displayed, and this file is :

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/4d070869d101b35356c163e9929eb89628314190/eccoin-master/src/version.h

#define DISPLAY_VERSION_MAJOR 1
#define DISPLAY_VERSION_MINOR 6

Tried and got 211037 blocks and a balance 10 times more than expected than what we get with 1.6 which is really strange.
Sending coins left unconfirmed although 10 connections.

How many blocks do you have guys ?
Is there any new block explorer to checkup blocks ?
What are your nodes ?

Thank you.

the current block is 211037. you are correctly synced and yes. im aware that it displayes the wrong version. i was more concerned about fixing the forks at the time that changing the version number. yes my source is updated.

Thanks for confirming. Okay, deleting wallet.dat and reimporting every privates keys seems to do the trick.

never delete wallet.dat. that means all of your coins and everything is gone. you want to delete everything BUT wallet.dat always save that file

wallet.dat is nothing else but private keys and public keys generated, your coins are only handled by private keys.
Activity: 480
Merit: 500
legendary
Okay. i have had both of the wallets tested and my fix to the source code has fixed the forks. with these wallets (fixed checkpoints) and the conf file hostmaster uploaded with the 1.6 update. you should be able to connect to mintpal if you redownload the block chain. the download for the chain may be slow but will speed up as more people download it. REMEMBER NOT TO DELETE UR WALLET.DAT FILE! (probably should back that up as well)

WALLET UPDATE 1.7 FORK ISSUE FIXED. ON THE MINTPAL FORK(the main fork)

WINDOWS WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9quocc81n9ui7m/eccoin-qt.exe

MAC WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ki5gjal0kjddau5/ECCoin-Qt.dmg

this is an ecc wallet fix produced by the Goldmaxx dev team.

testing new wallet now. it loookss like everything is on the right fork. which means it should be good. downloading the chain is kinda slow. but as more people get on the chain the faster it should go. will upload the new windows and mac wallets in a minute

Great news! thx! Is there a wallet for bounty's? Want to send you some ecc.

ummm. we arent looking or asking for donations. i mean if u reallly want to u can send to EXzt3cDJGdR5jHaAqphQo6GhAWwmGxBd2h but this is not requested nor required nor recommended.

Thank you for taking the initiative and pushing on, but the mac wallet doesn't mount or anything.  I'm not even sure what it's doing (shows mounting, then nothing happens, no errors).  I did notice the file size is a little small, only 10MB and old wallets were 12.  Any thoughts?  Would you mind uploading these somewhere else, maybe github?

Thank you again!

X

i know 0 about the mac wallet. mdtspain was the one who compiled that, i just gave him the edited source (same source i put on the new github). i will ask him about it and probably have him respond or PM you when i get a response
Activity: 480
Merit: 500
Okay. i have had both of the wallets tested and my fix to the source code has fixed the forks. with these wallets (fixed checkpoints) and the conf file hostmaster uploaded with the 1.6 update. you should be able to connect to mintpal if you redownload the block chain. the download for the chain may be slow but will speed up as more people download it. REMEMBER NOT TO DELETE UR WALLET.DAT FILE! (probably should back that up as well)

WALLET UPDATE 1.7 FORK ISSUE FIXED. ON THE MINTPAL FORK(the main fork)

WINDOWS WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9quocc81n9ui7m/eccoin-qt.exe

MAC WALLET: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ki5gjal0kjddau5/ECCoin-Qt.dmg

this is an ecc wallet fix produced by the Goldmaxx dev team.

testing new wallet now. it loookss like everything is on the right fork. which means it should be good. downloading the chain is kinda slow. but as more people get on the chain the faster it should go. will upload the new windows and mac wallets in a minute

Great news! thx! Is there a wallet for bounty's? Want to send you some ecc.

ummm. we arent looking or asking for donations. i mean if u reallly want to u can send to EXzt3cDJGdR5jHaAqphQo6GhAWwmGxBd2h but this is not requested nor required nor recommended.

Thank you for taking the initiative and pushing on, but the mac wallet doesn't mount or anything.  I'm not even sure what it's doing (shows mounting, then nothing happens, no errors).  I did notice the file size is a little small, only 10MB and old wallets were 12.  Any thoughts?  Would you mind uploading these somewhere else, maybe github?

Thank you again!

X
Pages:
Jump to: