Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 6. (Read 342373 times)

Activity: 514
Merit: 500
Need Help with Local Desktop wallet.

I installed new Windows wallet yesterday and it took about 18 hours to catch up with old transaction. This morning when I saw wallet still showing out of sync.

Is it something I am doing wrong? I have my ECC on Mintpal and I wanted to move it.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
if griffith can stop forkorado maybe hope exist

but longterm u need a automated checkpoint thats force wallets on the same chain

lost mintpal slot is still a really bad thing and will be longterm damage to the coin

comeback not impossible but requires work and people willing to do it
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

i would first like to say, i am not the coin dev. i just understand how the code works and want to help the coin. i personally think that linux is the best operating system. i have a lot of personal problems with macs and apple as a company in general. i dont like them. that being said, that in no way reflects my opinion on what i think the intelligence of the community is. i just think mac designed OSX poorly and i dont like it. i know nothing about mac code because i use linux when i can and windows for compatibility to most applications that dont work on WINE (i also use windows for gaming).

i dont want to get into the fight of what OS is better, but if you really want to. then here is some food for thought. as you said tech people are assholes and dont support mac stuff. why do you think this is? (the point im making here is a lot of tech people dont like macs because they are built poorly which is all i was saying in my first post you commented on)

+1

Thanks for comment.

I think the simplest way to express difference between systems is that there is a range of user abilities and requirements which are satisfied in different ways by different systems.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

my suggestion to mac users: install windows or ubuntu over your OSX. it will make your life easier.
i know nothing about mac programs and personally think learning anything about them would be a waste of time as i see them of the toy car of the computer world.

what type of bullshit is that this is why this community is limited you have good people like mltdspain trying to help this community grow and then we have tech assholes like you saying shit like that do you honestly think the everyday guy you want to use this coin is going to know squat about converting computers wow dude low shit

I don't agree with the opinion of Cordearo. Griffith is doing a lot more than the most of us. He wants this coin to go forwards.

If Griffith doesn't like MAC....no problem, go to him for problems with Linux and Windows based systems, and ask me or PM me for MAC problems.

So, now this is solved, let's go forward...we have work to do.

i should have the windows one done in a few minutes here. i have an error, should be the first, last, and only one. something odd with the way windows is handling sockets. windows makes me angry sometimes...
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

my suggestion to mac users: install windows or ubuntu over your OSX. it will make your life easier.
i know nothing about mac programs and personally think learning anything about them would be a waste of time as i see them of the toy car of the computer world.

what type of bullshit is that this is why this community is limited you have good people like mltdspain trying to help this community grow and then we have tech assholes like you saying shit like that do you honestly think the everyday guy you want to use this coin is going to know squat about converting computers wow dude low shit

I don't agree with the opinion of Cordearo. Griffith is doing a lot more than the most of us. He wants this coin to go forwards.

If Griffith doesn't like MAC....no problem, go to him for problems with Linux and Windows based systems, and ask me or PM me for MAC problems.

So, now this is solved, let's go forward...we have work to do.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
I saw the last days people had problems withdrawing from mintpal.
is it fixed already?
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
Block chain coin again bifurcation。。。Help.
legendary
[quote

any progress on the mac wallet

[/quote]

i would first like to say, i am not the coin dev. i just understand how the code works and want to help the coin. i personally think that linux is the best operating system. i have a lot of personal problems with macs and apple as a company in general. i dont like them. that being said, that in no way reflects my opinion on what i think the intelligence of the community is. i just think mac designed OSX poorly and i dont like it. i know nothing about mac code because i use linux when i can and windows for compatibility to most applications that dont work on WINE (i also use windows for gaming).

i dont want to get into the fight of what OS is better, but if you really want to. then here is some food for thought. as you said tech people are assholes and dont support mac stuff. why do you think this is? (the point im making here is a lot of tech people dont like macs because they are built poorly which is all i was saying in my first post you commented on)
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
[quote

[/quote]

legendary
i have been trying to compile the wallet for windows for the greater part of today. minGW (the C/C++ windows compiler) failed me earlier today and i had to restart. sorry for the delay. i am retrying with a fresh install of everything. this should work perfectly this time. i dont see why it wouldnt.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Yesterday, I Withdrawals ECCoin 50000000 amount from MintPal , STATUS Show "SUCCESSFUL", but my wallet did not receive, how do I ?

I have to ask why did u have 50M ecc on MP? Obviously not due to a concern for the health of the coin. It would be a real shame if you lost the 50M ECC you care so little about  Undecided

The 2 top reasons why many alts are failing:
1) scumbag scamming douche-bags
2) weak ass dumpers

failed logic = " I want this coin to succeed so badly but no one will buy my 50M coins at 1 sat. I cant understand it Sad"

You have issue with my statement? It's because you are part of the problem...

Hang in there Devs, ECC is a pioneer, it would be a shame to see it fail.

This coin is the virtual currency in the history of shame, if the current ECCoin team can not afford to develop it, we should let more capable people to promote its development.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Yesterday, I Withdrawals ECCoin 50000000 amount from MintPal , STATUS Show "SUCCESSFUL", but my wallet did not receive, how do I ?

I have to ask why did u have 50M ecc on MP? Obviously not due to a concern for the health of the coin. It would be a real shame if you lost the 50M ECC you care so little about  Undecided

The 2 top reasons why many alts are failing:
1) scumbag scamming douche-bags
2) weak ass dumpers

failed logic = " I want this coin to succeed so badly but no one will buy my 50M coins at 1 sat. I cant understand it Sad"

You have issue with my statement? It's because you are part of the problem...

Hang in there Devs, ECC is a pioneer, it would be a shame to see it fail.
Here is my eccoin.conf inside the node, who can provide more nodes?   I'm going from one  wallet sent to another  wallet, always have to wait a day

addnode=130.111.219.86
addnode=14.124.41.77
addnode=69.254.47.191
addnode=115.29.160.13
addnode=67.174.140.115
addnode=194.33.113.172
addnode=188.44.107.246
addnode=46.159.202.245
addnode=93.104.211.172
rpcport=19119
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
legendary
Activity: 1680
Well, That's Crypto :-\
I WANT TO SELL MY ECCOIN ,WHERE COULD I TO SELL

THIS COIN'S TEAM TOO BAD ,THERE IS NO HOPE, I HATE IT

There is always tools laying around the internet.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 502
to your first question. no, we all use the same nodes. but it is possible to download an incorrect block chain from them as there is a fork after the last checkpoint in the wallet.

second question, you cant do that. the wallet source doesnt know to read checkpoints from anywhere besides the hardcoded ones. this means that in order to make an external text file like you said i need to add that into the source anyway and just adding checkpoints is less code than what you are suggesting. so it is not possible without source modification anyway. also any addition of checkpoints means you would have to redownload the block chain reguardless of if it is in source or a txt so it doesnt matter.

First reply:
Exactly, the checkpoint now can't ensure the continue sync with mintpal, so if the goal is maintain the sync with them in the next days, then maybe  it behooves us to use them as the first reference node.

This solution does not really like not even to me, but IMHO it would be an immediate solution, available to everyone.
Anyway, in two weeks this solution will no longer work when mintpal will shutdown his wallet.

My preferred solution is a autocheckpoint like the that in Philosopherstone with a checkpoint every five block, but i don't think we have the time to import this solution now, but it can be one of the solution to consider for the next future.

Second reply:
I know, to implement the reading of checkpoint from external file we must anyway patch the source, but this will be one time for good.
When any new fork will rise, we will need only to update the external simple text, and re-download the blockchain, not patch again the source code, recompile and create the bin file for windows \ mac \ etc. for all different system and user.

We can't make a update with checkpoint to select a fork which work for some system and not for other, it will be useless if not even negative for the entire community and the blockchain.

Again this is not the my best solution, but a temporary, simple, quick & dirty practical way.

legendary

to your first question. no, we all use the same nodes. but it is possible to download an incorrect block chain from them as there is a fork after the last checkpoint in the wallet.

second question, you cant do that. the wallet source doesnt know to read checkpoints from anywhere besides the hardcoded ones. this means that in order to make an external text file like you said i need to add that into the source anyway and just adding checkpoints is less code than what you are suggesting. so it is not possible without source modification anyway. also any addition of checkpoints means you would have to redownload the block chain reguardless of if it is in source or a txt so it doesnt matter.

[/quote]

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

[/quote]

legendary

i am currently compiling a QT for ECC that i believe will put everyone on the same mintpal fork as of right now. it will be out in a few hours assuming that after i have tested, it works and fixes the chain fork problem.

First question,  to maintain in sync the wallet blockchain with MintPal, would not be more simple ask directly to MintPal
their node ip and put this as first addnode in the .conf file ?

Second question, regarding the modify at the wallet source, don't will be more practical do a patch to force the wallet
to read the additional checkpoint at start, from a external text or json file ?

In this mode we don't need to recompile\download the entire wallet at any fork or checkpoint update, and the patch
should be relatively simple to do.

My wallet just received from MintPal withdrawal of 50000000 coins,  ECCoin hope to have a better future!

Thank you everyone to efforts and continue for Future of ECCoin。
me too....

where is the correct fork???

Here is what I seek to MintPal help and get MintPal the reply ..., and I once again ask for help.

xuzhihao (User)
29/07/2014 12:20 AM
Hi,hello
Yesterday, I withdrawals ECCoin 50000000 AMOUNT from MintPal , STATUS Show "SUCCESSFUL", but my wallet did not receive, please help deal!

Thank you!
谢谢!

--------------
IP Address: 116.26.140.128

--------------
MintPal Jay (Staff)
29/07/2014 12:23 AM
Hello,

Are you running the latest version of the ECC wallet? There was an update recently that fixed the forking problems and you need it to see the withdrawal.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

--------------

xuzhihao (User)
29/07/2014 2:43 PM
Hello,

My wallet is v1.6.0.0 it is the latest, can provide ECCoin node ip to me of MintPal ? I will put this as first add node in the .Conf file

Thanks!
xuzhihao

--------------
IP Address: 183.7.45.225
Pages:
Jump to: