Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 7. (Read 342373 times)

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

i am currently compiling a QT for ECC that i believe will put everyone on the same mintpal fork as of right now. it will be out in a few hours assuming that after i have tested, it works and fixes the chain fork problem.

First question,  to maintain in sync the wallet blockchain with MintPal, would not be more simple ask directly to MintPal
their node ip and put this as first addnode in the .conf file ?

Second question, regarding the modify at the wallet source, don't will be more practical do a patch to force the wallet
to read the additional checkpoint at start, from a external text or json file ?

In this mode we don't need to recompile\download the entire wallet at any fork or checkpoint update, and the patch
should be relatively simple to do.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Yesterday, I Withdrawals ECCoin 50000000 amount from MintPal , STATUS Show "SUCCESSFUL", but my wallet did not receive, how do I ?
me too....

where is the correct fork???

i am currently compiling a QT for ECC that i believe will put everyone on the same mintpal fork as of right now. it will be out in a few hours assuming that after i have tested, it works and fixes the chain fork problem.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I'm pretty sure that I am on the Mintpal chain.  Took forever but I got my coins my wallet now.
Activity: 646
Merit: 500
Yesterday, I Withdrawals ECCoin 50000000 amount from MintPal , STATUS Show "SUCCESSFUL", but my wallet did not receive, how do I ?
me too....

where is the correct fork???
legendary

as i have state three times now.

you are not on the correct chain. the block chain for this coin has forked many times. right now hostmaster needs to add a checkpoint for block 209762
(209762, uint256("49448f382f9ec8f126542244573e7349c7b07db0cbdc2ab8326942cbfff603b3"))

and then compile the wallets for us to download. once he has done this everyone should be on the minpal fork.

it would also be nice if he set a node to hold checkpoint updates and have the checkpoint added every 5k blocks or so and given to the node so that future forks would be avoided (i have some code for that but not all)

ONCE THIS IS DONE EVERYONE CAN SYNC AND GET THERE MINTPAL COINS
And we have how much time for this ....less than a day ?

We recently announced that the markets for the coins mentioned above would be closed on Wednesday 30th July 2014. This means that those coins will no longer be listed on MintPal, as a result you are required to withdraw your remaining balance to your own wallet.

I try sending the coins to comkort , it's the same thing ...they didn't show there ......So  we will loose all the coins on Mintpal i think

mintpal keeps the wallet open for 2 weeks after. the makret just closes then. and probably will have it done tomorrow
Activity: 258
Merit: 250

you are not on the correct chain. the block chain for this coin has forked many times. right now hostmaster needs to add a checkpoint for block 209762
(209762, uint256("49448f382f9ec8f126542244573e7349c7b07db0cbdc2ab8326942cbfff603b3"))

and then compile the wallets for us to download. once he has done this everyone should be on the minpal fork.

it would also be nice if he set a node to hold checkpoint updates and have the checkpoint added every 5k blocks or so and given to the node so that future forks would be avoided (i have some code for that but not all)

And we have how much time for this ....less than a day ?

We recently announced that the markets for the coins mentioned above would be closed on Wednesday 30th July 2014. This means that those coins will no longer be listed on MintPal, as a result you are required to withdraw your remaining balance to your own wallet.

I try sending the coins to comkort , it's the same thing ...they didn't show there ......So  we will loose all the coins on Mintpal i think
legendary

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
legendary
Thanks.

If I start with Hostmaster's July 12 data or if I start with a completely fresh install, I wind up on a block chain that has ~204k blocks. That makes me wonder two things. 1) Is Mintpal's fork the "correct" fork? Do we know if anyone but them is on it?  2) Would a checkpoint at ~209k blocks help me? I don't understand the checkpoints but if my wallet can't see past 204k blocks, I don't see how a checkpoint 5k blocks later would help.

since mintpal is the major exchange that holds ecc coins and everyone on here is complaining about having withdrawls issues from them. i am assuming we all want to use their chain. there have been so many forks that i think it would be most reasonable to designate the one with the current biggest exchange as the correct one so everyone can get thier coins from them. i will compile a wallet with my own added checkpoints and see if from a fresh install to see if it fixes the fork problem.

EDIT: the way the checkpoints work is the chain will use the checkpoints to sync the right chain. if it goes down a chain (from a fork) and cant find a checkpoint listed. it will go back and try the other chain until everything is on the right chain. if u need me to explain more i can
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Thanks.

If I start with Hostmaster's July 12 data or if I start with a completely fresh install, I wind up on a block chain that has ~204k blocks. That makes me wonder two things. 1) Is Mintpal's fork the "correct" fork? Do we know if anyone but them is on it?  2) Would a checkpoint at ~209k blocks help me? I don't understand the checkpoints but if my wallet can't see past 204k blocks, I don't see how a checkpoint 5k blocks later would help.
legendary

you are not on the correct chain. the block chain for this coin has forked many times. right now hostmaster needs to add a checkpoint for block 290762

290762 or 209762?

209762. thanks for the clarification
Activity: 140

you are not on the correct chain. the block chain for this coin has forked many times. right now hostmaster needs to add a checkpoint for block 290762

290762 or 209762?
legendary
So I withdrew my coins from Mintpal to the latest 1.6 wallet and have double checked all wallet accounts, two days later coins have still not come through....

I have a transaction id form Mintpal but can't seem to find it on the block explorer.

Are these coins lost in the ether again......

i already answered this question. please see the post above yours
once this update has taken place you will get your coins
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
So I withdrew my coins from Mintpal to the latest 1.6 wallet and have double checked all wallet accounts, two days later coins have still not come through....

I have a transaction id form Mintpal but can't seem to find it on the block explorer.

Same thing here ! We must understand what version have mintpal...maybe.....
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
digging in the bits... now ant powered!

legendary
host mast i have the latest mac wallet i withdrew all my eccoins from mintpal and i still don't have them in my wallet also mint pal says it was successful where did my coins go to thin air my transaction Id is  1c431ad5d1c86f8d109829fc73b6da8d73c73783b774b1d3b7edb1f6e78877ce
can anyone help before the 30th

Activity: 63
host mast i have the latest mac wallet i withdrew all my eccoins from mintpal and i still don't have them in my wallet also mint pal says it was successful where did my coins go to thin air my transaction Id is  1c431ad5d1c86f8d109829fc73b6da8d73c73783b774b1d3b7edb1f6e78877ce
can anyone help before the 30th
legendary
host master needs to add some checkpoints and distribute a correct listing of everything or this is never going to fix
edit: i just downloaded a second ECC wallet on my second computer using everything hostmaster posted on the first page. it seems that it is on a different chain as the one on this computer (which is on the mintpal chain).

we really need to fix the fork problem once and for all
Activity: 79
Looks like we are shaking of the weak hands. Personally I don't think ECC needs a LTC pairing anyway.
Soon the storm will be over and there will be a new green start.
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Some nodes in correct blockchain please
Pages:
Jump to: