Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 72. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I said he should rename hazardcoin to a HackShardCoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
600 blocks already. Whoever is mining it, really what is the point? You know the genesis block is going to be reset.

Prob some other 'Jr member entrepreneur' who for 'some reason' is in need of a premined Scrypt blockchain  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
It would seem Hazard coin has already been born
600 blocks already. Whoever is mining it, really what is the point? You know the genesis block is going to be reset.

Idiots - There are so many of them..
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I might throw a couple mhash at it right away just since I'm up this late. Everything else is premined too anyway
legendary
Activity: 882
Activity: 840
Lol, so who here is actually mining this? Speak up  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Keep in mind the OP's code has been available on Github (https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin)

Hence, anyone could have ZIP'ed it up, created a valid genesis block, and then claimed milkshake sent him it.

Here's a good litmus test.  Hazard, since you are the expert at compiling for Windows please post a working Windows client
I already provided the source, screenshots of the working client, and my correspondence with him. I owe you nothing more. Compile the source yourself if you are so inclined.

28 pages of emo-miners on the edge of their seats! Wonderful opportunity here (for the next 2 hours) for someone to compile and post a Windows client packed with viruses A, B and C...
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 87
Wait... is this going to be a real coin?
I mean, it can be. If there's actually an interest for it. I just thought of it off the top of my head.

I like it hazard. Keep me informed. If you actually make this coin I'll be your first pool Smiley
Grin

Well if it is I would def. be interested. I like altcoins  Smiley
Activity: 168
To generate 1360 blocks would take much longer than the time between his PM to me, and my post about it on the board. Theory disproven.
No it wouldn't. On 0.000~ diffculty you can generate 1300 blocks in couple hours.
False. There's a hardcap of 1 block per ~2.5 seconds even at 0 difficulty. Create your own coin and try it yourself! It's the reason why 0 difficulty coins don't reach block 2000 instantly after launch.
So? 2.5 sec = 24 blocks per minute. 24x60=1440 blocks per hour.
FAIL.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
LOL at "nerds with pre-mine blue balls" so true
legendary
Wait... is this going to be a real coin?
I mean, it can be. If there's actually an interest for it. I just thought of it off the top of my head.

I like it hazard. Keep me informed. If you actually make this coin I'll be your first pool Smiley
Grin
Activity: 112
Preliminary HazardCoin features:

Retarget every 6 hours
5 minute block target time

^ Both largely irrelevant because... Block reward will be based on the amount of time passed since last block found. This will accomplish the following:

* DDOSing pools to decrease difficulty will accomplish absoluetly nothing
* Discourage pool/coin hopping
* Provide incentive to continue mining even when nethashrate goes down (i.e. feathercoin)

Please for the love of god NO MORE new altcoins. at least until things settle down and then sit down and really plan out the coin, do something innovative and game changing.

Can you read, someone is mining the coin already. 25 plus nodes Tongue

QUICK! Someone launch an Altcoin! There will be like 1000 nerds here in 2 hours with total 'premine blue-balls' if they don't have some kind of scam to throw their GPU power at!!

Yeah, but milkshake coin is sort of 'done' now. And by 'sort of' I mean 'Stick a fork in it, and throw it out the window'. Unless OP shows up with the best damn explanation ever heard.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
lol, now someone is mining it:
C:\elacoin-master\src>elacoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 396,
    "connections" : 2,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1368504032,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
legendary
To generate 1360 blocks would take much longer than the time between his PM to me, and my post about it on the board. Theory disproven.
No it wouldn't. On 0.000~ diffculty you can generate 1300 blocks in couple hours.
False. There's a hardcap of 1 block per ~2.5 seconds even at 0 difficulty. Create your own coin and try it yourself! It's the reason why 0 difficulty coins don't reach block 2000 instantly after launch.

Activity: 196
Can you read, someone is mining the coin already. 25 plus nodes Tongue

QUICK! Someone launch an Altcoin! There will be like 1000 nerds here in 2 hours with total 'premine blue-balls' if they don't have some kind of scam to throw their GPU power at!!
Pages:
Jump to: