Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 73. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Preliminary HazardCoin features:

Retarget every 6 hours
5 minute block target time

^ Both largely irrelevant because... Block reward will be based on the amount of time passed since last block found. This will accomplish the following:

* DDOSing pools to decrease difficulty will accomplish absoluetly nothing
* Discourage pool/coin hopping
* Provide incentive to continue mining even when nethashrate goes down (i.e. feathercoin)

No... Just no. Stop it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I like it hazard. Keep me informed. If you actually make this coin I'll be your first pool Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Well, if milkshake was true to his word on the coin, he would have surely come to the board to answer questions - not responding to anything looks more and more like he saw that the community figured out his scam, and is now running away .....  who knows
Activity: 224
QUICK! Someone launch an Altcoin! There will be like 1000 nerds here in 2 hours with total 'premine blue-balls' if they don't have some kind of scam to throw their GPU power at!!
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Retarget every 6 hours

^ Both largely irrelevant because... Block reward will be based on the amount of time passed since last block found. This will accomplish the following:

* Provide incentive to continue mining even when nethashrate goes down (i.e. feathercoin)

Wait... is this going to be a real coin?
Activity: 112
I thought things couldn't get much worse after Gamecoin and there block chain shenanigans, Then we had Powercoin which was 'Confirmed' to be on BTER and then it was proven to be a lie. And now coin. So tomorrows coin is going to be exciting... how much worse can it get.

My predictions is limitless (a self confessed scammer) starts his own coin!!!

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Retarget every 6 hours

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1368503911,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Hmm, depending whether Hazard's ZIP file contains the actual source from Milkshake, that seems like an awefully low starting difficulty, even if not pre-mined.
Yes, that is the default litecoin starting difficulty. It wasn't changed.

Maybe you mined it
To generate 1360 blocks would take much longer than the time between his PM to me, and my post about it on the board. Theory disproven.

Can confirm this. Just compiled the daemon on Windows.
Code:
C:\elacoin-master\src>elacoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "connections" : 0,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1368504032,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
seems like he put a decent amount of work into making that website.
It uses a bootstrap... Anyone with basic HTML/CSS knowledge could make it.

im just saying if he seemed to be planning it out pretty well.  Making the mistake of sending source code to be compiled by another member of the forum seems like a pretty big mistake if he wanted to pull this off.

Or maybe he wanted to end the scam quickly... possibly a sudden change of heart that he didn't want to admit that this was a scam?
That's naive. Why wouldn't he just post it in the topic?

I don't know. Maybe so he could get some uproar and then ride in on a white horse and save his coin*?
Activity: 168
To generate 1360 blocks would take much longer than the time between his PM to me, and my post about it on the board. Theory disproven.
No it wouldn't. On 0.000~ diffculty you can generate 1300 blocks in couple hours.
legendary
Perhaps I should take this opportunity to make HazardCoin? I know how to compile my own code, and won't premine a blockchain! Shocked

Awesome! or are you milkshake in disguise.......

dun dun DUNNNNN  Grin
The plot thickens!
Activity: 196
At least then make 24 hr announcement and some changes imo Cheesy

Perhaps I should take this opportunity to make HazardCoin? I know how to compile my own code, and won't premine a blockchain! Shocked
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

im just saying if he seemed to be planning it out pretty well.  Making the mistake of sending source code to be compiled by another member of the forum seems like a pretty big mistake if he wanted to pull this off.

Or maybe he wanted to end the scam quickly... possibly a sudden change of heart that he didn't want to admit that this was a scam?
That's naive. Why wouldn't he just post it in the topic?
Activity: 168

Awesome! or are you milkshake in disguise.......

dun dun DUNNNNN  Grin
legendary
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
OK well this is certainly a bit fishy I guess all we can do is wait for the OP to respond
legendary
Activity: 1596
Ahhhhhhhh... Speculation and FUD. Gotta love it.

*grabs popcorn*
Pages:
Jump to: