Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 78. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
can we report this guy please? 

edit: Someone who "quickly disconnects" seems like someone who is trying to hide something.
Or he could have just logged off. Either way, this coin seems pretty suspicious. I might not mine it. Sucks, I was pretty pumped about it. Oh well.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
well, it doesnt look goof with all those comments

so i ll buy 1k 1ltc
Activity: 224
Yes - people - please pay attention to this and read the link.

The thread OP is clearly up to nefarious deeds ...

Here's the proof in that thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2132183

When a crypto veteran like Kano post warnings like this I stop and listen....

You people should do the same.

Something is up and is very fishy about this...

I'm staying away.  If indeed he holds an asic, then he benefits from an altcoin/new coin/scrypt coin disaster, which he may very well orchestrate with
his very own elacoin.

Looks like Royalcoin will be the last of the reliable (define 'reliable' however you want) scypt forks from this fanatical scrypt fork releasing bubble.

Bring on Taco's netcoin!

Yeah, cause we all totally 'love' royalcoin. Such a serious alt coin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168
can we report this guy please? 

edit: Someone who "quickly disconnects" seems like someone who is trying to hide something.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Yes - people - please pay attention to this and read the link.

The thread OP is clearly up to nefarious deeds ...

Here's the proof in that thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2132183

When a crypto veteran like Kano post warnings like this I stop and listen....

You people should do the same.

Something is up and is very fishy about this...

I'm staying away.  If indeed he holds an asic, then he benefits from an altcoin/new coin/scrypt coin disaster, which he may very well orchestrate with
his very own elacoin.

Looks like Royalcoin will be the last of the reliable (define 'reliable' however you want) scypt forks from this fanatical scrypt fork releasing bubble.

Bring on Taco's netcoin!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Each coin is getting progressively shittier  Smiley

I can't wait till turdcoin and stdcoin come out
Activity: 28
And again, still curious as to why he has not posted anything yet... ? No responses, or updates ...
Activity: 154
I was provided with "release source code" to compile a windows binary from. Note that the genesis block was completely different from what is on github, so I believe this to be what he intended to release with.

Upon compiling, I did not like what I saw. I got 1 connection to the network, and started downloading a blockchain that was already 1360 blocks long. He quickly disconnected.

I suspect that he is creating a blockchain in private, which he then plans to release onto the network sometime after release. A similiar situation will unfold like what happened with gamecoin: the older, premined blockchain will replace the actual blockchain.

My guess is that he gave you code with a temporary genesis block to test compiling and he would switch to the real block and compile on his own after getting your help.
Activity: 224
Well look at that, the website is also down. COINCIDENCE! Uh-Oh! Smiley ha ha
What an absolutely retarded scam.. ha ha ha
Activity: 490
Merit: 254

I was provided with "release source code" to compile a windows binary from. Note that the genesis block was completely different from what is on github, so I believe this to be what he intended to release with.

Upon compiling, I did not like what I saw. I got 1 connection to the network, and started downloading a blockchain that was already 1360 blocks long. He quickly disconnected.

I suspect that he is creating a blockchain in private, which he then plans to release onto the network sometime after release. A similiar situation will unfold like what happened with gamecoin: the older, premined blockchain will replace the actual blockchain.

But, but, in the title it clearly states "No premine".  Surely, these coin developers have the best interests of the community in mind and would never stoop to such a low level.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
But the title said no Premine!?    Huh
If it's too good to be true... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
But the title said no Premine!?    Huh
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Activity: 182
Gonna sit this one out. I have a feeling that MilkShake and Limitless are the same
Activity: 252
I'm sitting this one out... There hasn't been a profitably scrypt coin released since chn (btb, rlc, jkc, pwc, gmc, fkc all failed), so I don't see why this one will be any different.

If I'm wrong though and this one sticks, it sounds like the train won't completely be gone.
I predict no profit from this coin.  I just want to help in the experiment of a coin that increases reward on increasing hash power.  More coins = more supply = lower price.
Activity: 28
Starting to get really worried about this coin.  Less than 3 1/2 hours before launch.  Everything should be ready to go by now, but no word from the developer for over 4 hours.  
Agree, publicly announcing a new coin with a decent following, he should keep everyone updated on any and all concerns...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm sitting this one out... There hasn't been a profitably scrypt coin released since chn (btb, rlc, jkc, pwc, gmc, fkc all failed), so I don't see why this one will be any different.

If I'm wrong though and this one sticks, it sounds like the train won't completely be gone.
Activity: 252
Starting to get really worried about this coin.  Less than 3 1/2 hours before launch.  Everything should be ready to go by now, but no word from the developer for over 4 hours.  
Activity: 168
has there been NO response from milkshake addressing all out concerns??
Activity: 182
If the trojans in the release binaries aren't all that bad, I might join in on this.
Pages:
Jump to: