Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 79. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I think it's great that you think that it's not possible to hide trojans/keyloggers etc. in source code.
What makes you think I think so? It's 3 commits, not a rocket science to get into.
https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin/commits/master
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
I'm not going to have to compile it for windows myself, am I? Because I'm not a computer programmer, I don't know how...

Hopefully a trusted member could post a binary. But even then...
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I think the point people are making is that he could make all code/binaries open for code review etc. with or without testnet-genesis block if he wanted to. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a (fairly smart) scam. Having a set release time would guarantee 100s if not 1000s of downloads before anyone have peer-reviewed the code and should the code contain intelligently written wallet stealers or/and keyloggers/trojans chances are he would make out like a bandit in just a few minutes.
Source code is already on github. It will be a few changes prior to launch, and anyone can review.
On the other hand, windows-kids can't into programming and always will "double click the exe's"  Smiley

I think it's great that you think that it's not possible to hide trojans/keyloggers etc. in source code.

As long as they do a fork of the Litecoin code on github looking over the code is easy with diff compare. Anything malicious would stick out like a sore thumb.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Have people compiled this without any problems?  https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin

It compiles and creates the client but when I start it crashes/closes instantly.  I get these warnings during compiling but it finishes seemingly ok.

main.cpp:3354: warning: 'unsigned int ScanHash_CryptoPP(char*, char*, char*, char*, unsigned int&)' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

net.cpp:-1: In function 'void ThreadDNSAddressSeed2(void*)':

net.cpp:1189: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]

miningpage.cpp:-1: In member function 'void MiningPage::minerStarted()':

miningpage.cpp:233: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else' [-Wparentheses]

And this is Qt Creators output when it tries to start the wallet.

"sni-qt/4634" WARN  11:13:17.688 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
elacoin-qt: ../elacoin-master/src/main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.
The program has unexpectedly finished.
change these lines in main.cpp:

assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9"));

// If genesis block hash does not match, then generate new genesis hash.
        if (false && block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)

to:

//        assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9"));

if (block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)

that should eliminate the assert and allow it to build the test merkelRoot

However, my build of elacoind.exe does not run in Windows.  On Linux it runs but it does not work.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
I just don't want to wake up to all my wallets being emptied and my computer being infested with viruses, trojans, key loggers, and rootkits.

Open the client inside a VM or Sandboxie.  There is no way I would open any of these coins released in the last month or so on my main system without such tools.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Website is going to be down for a few minutes while I update some stuff.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I do like the sounds of this coin. I hope the launch goes smoothly, and I hope I don't wake up to 3000  orphans in the morning...

I just don't want to wake up to all my wallets being emptied and my computer being infested with viruses, trojans, key loggers, and rootkits.

Totally agree!  This time and in the future all new coins will be run in a virtual machine.  No exceptions!
Activity: 224
I think the point people are making is that he could make all code/binaries open for code review etc. with or without testnet-genesis block if he wanted to. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a (fairly smart) scam. Having a set release time would guarantee 100s if not 1000s of downloads before anyone have peer-reviewed the code and should the code contain intelligently written wallet stealers or/and keyloggers/trojans chances are he would make out like a bandit in just a few minutes.
Source code is already on github. It will be a few changes prior to launch, and anyone can review.
On the other hand, windows-kids can't into programming and always will "double click the exe's"  Smiley

Activity: 490
Merit: 254
I do like the sounds of this coin. I hope the launch goes smoothly, and I hope I don't wake up to 3000  orphans in the morning...

So we can download the QT File/wallet and then wait until release to run as server and solo mine?

This Link:
https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin

These are the source, not the executables. 
Have people compiled this without any problems?  https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin

It compiles and creates the client but when I start it crashes/closes instantly.  I get these warnings during compiling but it finishes seemingly ok.

main.cpp:3354: warning: 'unsigned int ScanHash_CryptoPP(char*, char*, char*, char*, unsigned int&)' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

net.cpp:1189: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]

miningpage.cpp:233: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else' [-Wparentheses]

"sni-qt/4634" WARN  11:13:17.688 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
elacoin-qt: ../elacoin-master/src/main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.
change these lines in main.cpp:

assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9"));

if (false && block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)

to:

//        assert(block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9"));

if (block.GetHash() != hashGenesisBlock)

that should eliminate the assert and allow it to build the test merkelRoot

However, my build of elacoind.exe does not run in Windows.  On Linux it runs but it does not work.
Activity: 224
So we can download the QT File/wallet and then wait until release to run as server and solo mine?

This Link:
https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin
Activity: 182
fml
Have people compiled this without any problems?  https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin

It compiles and creates the client but when I start it crashes/closes instantly.  I get these warnings during compiling but it finishes seemingly ok.

"sni-qt/4634" WARN  11:13:17.688 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
Read the posts! It won't run until the start time because there is no genesis block yet!

This is what I was after, so you mean its normal to just insta close before it loads?  i had assumed it would just load and do nothing untill the creator did what ever they do to start all this.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
I'm not going to have to compile it for windows myself, am I? Because I'm not a computer programmer, I don't know how...
All you have to do is ask the right person, and follow the instructions.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Can't compile under ubuntu either. Will try again later after I have a nap.
Activity: 168
Activity: 182
fml
Activity: 490
Merit: 254
Timer removed. End time: 2013-05-14+6:00:00UTC

WTF, is that a doomsday clock counting down to Armageddon or something? lol
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Milkshake, please, pay attention to this post.

Would be much-much better, if you post all clients/wallets 5-10 minutes before first genesis block starts. This will made impossible to have a distinct advantage of you as a creator and all your group of friends. Because if you start genesis block and write a message with links to wallets/clients - when others prepare their systems to mine you and your company will dig as a crazys because of no competitors to you.
Another important detail to others - is peer/nodes distribution. As i seen on all previous coins for that week - first nnnnn blocks are hard to mine by community because of lags, even that peoples have a very large hashpower. Starting blocks and difficulty makes huge hashpower useless against lags. So you need to start nodes all around the world to be the honest (i suppose that downloaded and started wallets in prepare-mode will be enough to make net of distributed peers).

First - give others mining instruments/clients, second - give others the opportunity to compete in equal conditions, third - launch genesis block.
Then your coin can be successful. In opposite - this coin will be as others dump&pump&die-coins.
Good luck.

PS: i think i will be out of competition because of other side of planet and too big pings (55-300ms). It's fatal.
Genesis block hash must be included in wallet binary, so there is no way to "post all clients/wallets 5-10 minutes before first genesis block starts".
Учи мaтчacть :3

This is why you run in an isolated VM
Pages:
Jump to: