Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 77. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
guy is kinda full of himself.  not sure why this is commented out of the website but its in the html

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Well look at that, the website is also down. COINCIDENCE! Uh-Oh! Smiley ha ha
What an absolutely retarded scam.. ha ha ha
I said the website was going to be down for a few minutes. Please read the thread. It is back up now.
What's the website's address?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hazard, could you post the source link please? I'd like to take a look at it.
Sounds like pre-launch. Sleepyheads will cry.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Well look at that, the website is also down. COINCIDENCE! Uh-Oh! Smiley ha ha
What an absolutely retarded scam.. ha ha ha
I said the website was going to be down for a few minutes. Please read the thread. It is back up now.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hazard, could you post the source link please? I'd like to take a look at it.
so i ll buy 1k 1ltc
Lol, you don't even know initial difficulty and block reward.

you expect something like FRK?
I don't know what to expect, I don't know the value of launch difficulty.
Also, Hazard, could you share with us, please.
Activity: 224
with altcoins dying faster and faster, this would be a new speed record.

Well at least this one won't waste anyone's time with instamining. Blockchain replacement is the new pre-mine. Hell, at this pace we won't even need new coins anymore. Just announce, pre-sell a few million coins, get outed as a scam artist rinse-repeat.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Correction, with shitcoins dying faster and faster. Not to mention, there hasn't been a single good altcoin that has long-term applications. They are ALL pump and dump. That was their goal from day 1.
Activity: 194
Dude will still get hashes.  I could compile a coin called "vomitcoin" with a drunk bitch puking on the side of the road half naked and I would still get half you mother fackers to use some resources towards it.  Actually, thats a pretty good idea, be back in a few hrs.

LOL, now that's some funny shit right thar!  Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
NoHoooo
Activity: 364
I was provided with "release source code" to compile a windows binary from. Note that the genesis block was completely different from what is on github, so I believe this to be what he intended to release with.

Upon compiling, I did not like what I saw. I got 1 connection to the network, and started downloading a blockchain that was already 1360 blocks long. He quickly disconnected.

I suspect that he is creating a blockchain in private, which he then plans to release onto the network sometime after release. A similiar situation will unfold like what happened with gamecoin: the older, premined blockchain will replace the actual blockchain.

+1

Well it is getting pretty obvious that it is indeed the plan. Not to mention the dates on the 'current' blockchain. What a tool.

What a tool, indeed.
Activity: 224
I was provided with "release source code" to compile a windows binary from. Note that the genesis block was completely different from what is on github, so I believe this to be what he intended to release with.

Upon compiling, I did not like what I saw. I got 1 connection to the network, and started downloading a blockchain that was already 1360 blocks long. He quickly disconnected.

I suspect that he is creating a blockchain in private, which he then plans to release onto the network sometime after release. A similiar situation will unfold like what happened with gamecoin: the older, premined blockchain will replace the actual blockchain.

+1

Well it is getting pretty obvious that it is indeed the plan. Not to mention the dates on the 'current' blockchain. What a tool. I am betting he is part of the 'Marketing Team' that got laughed out of town here just before the weekend.
Activity: 196
so i ll buy 1k 1ltc

you expect something like FRK?
Activity: 252
can we report this guy please? 

edit: Someone who "quickly disconnects" seems like someone who is trying to hide something.
I will wait three more hours, then let the accusations fly.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 999
Dude will still get hashes.  I could compile a coin called "vomitcoin" with a drunk bitch puking on the side of the road half naked and I would still get half you mother fackers to use some resources towards it.  Actually, thats a pretty good idea, be back in a few hrs.
so i ll buy 1k 1ltc
Activity: 364

+1
legendary
Activity: 980

My guess is that he gave you code with a temporary genesis block to test compiling and he would switch to the real block and compile on his own after getting your help.
He wanted me compile the client. Not give him help on being able to compile it himself. This would suggest to me that this is indeed the final genesis block.

1360 blocks is also a lot. It would have taken him several hours of mining at the current difficulty to produce that many. I suspect something fishy going on.
Pages:
Jump to: