Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 83. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
got one more question about mining...

After setting up the conf file.. you need to start the wallet with -server=1 command or can you just start it normally and it will read the .conf file?

EDIT: agree with Desten
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Milkshake, please, pay attention to this post.

Would be much-much better, if you post all clients/wallets 5-10 minutes before first genesis block starts. This will made impossible to have a distinct advantage of you as a creator and all your group of friends. Because if you start genesis block and write a message with links to wallets/clients - when others prepare their systems to mine you and your company will dig as a crazys because of no competitors to you.
Another important detail to others - is peer/nodes distribution. As i seen on all previous coins for that week - first nnnnn blocks are hard to mine by community because of lags, even that peoples have a very large hashpower. Starting blocks and difficulty makes huge hashpower useless against lags. So you need to start nodes all around the world to be the honest (i suppose that downloaded and started wallets in prepare-mode will be enough to make net of distributed peers).

First - give others mining instruments/clients, second - give others the opportunity to compete in equal conditions, third - launch genesis block.
Then your coin can be successful. In opposite - this coin will be as others dump&pump&die-coins.
Good luck.

PS: i think i will be out of competition because of other side of planet and too big pings (55-300ms). It's fatal.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
what difficulty are we starting with? anyone considered starting with a high difficulty and let the retarg take care of adjusting? This way we avoid orphans from blocks every 2 seconds like most launches. then we dont have to guess what the difficulty SHOULD be at start, and it wont lock single low end miners out and will reward every equally instead of on the side effect of multiple blocks in a row by big rig farms and not enough time between blocks to propagate on network to avoid orphans.

we talked about 12 hrs or more of 0 reward, this would be the same ideaish, but dynamically applied.
Activity: 185
2AM, hopefully it will be worth it Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
As always, looking to buy chunks of 10k. As it starts rolling in, feel free to send me your offers.
10 BTC?

This would almost be the time to use the 'ROFL' all the kids are raging about.   Let me rephrase, feel free to pm me your serious offers in LTC.

Not to be a dick, but asking to purchase coin in 10K blocks before launch sort of deserves to be met by kind of outrageous offers.

The kids love being 'dick cool', I get it.. I don't lump you in that category (you can now sleep at night, I know).  Few offers already received, look forward to more.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Ok I have 6 hours of sleep before this baby launches, and after that I have to go to work so i'm off. Pretty excited about this, fianlly an alt that has something new to offer.
Activity: 322
Supersonic
Code:

Countdown

xx Remaining...

Alternate countdown.... tested on chrome only.
Activity: 15
Difficulty 50: 3.08 coin reward for block ID 1
> 3.08 coins per person
Difficulty 100: 5.16 coin reward for block ID 1
> 2 people, 2.58 coins per person
Difficulty 500: 21.83 coin reward for block ID 1
> 10 people, 2.18 coins per person
> Without elasticity: 0.31 coins per person

I have proposed an idea very similar to yours at
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2054936
but I don't have time to implement it.

So I am very happy to see this difficulty-related-rewards type of coin coming out with your effort and time!

Here's my several concerns, would appreciate it if you could answer them:

1. Most importantly, if the rewards are not proportional to difficulty, its not real fairness. Someone could make a fairer one and attract people mining over there. In my opinion, coin reward for block ID 1 should be equal per person regardless of difficulty. The "halved every nine months" thing is enough to constrain the inflation. Actually the inflation is decreasing every year because the estimated coins generated per year is constant.

2. Could you give the function of coin rewards vs. difficulty?

3. Difficulty Retarget time?

Other: Moore's Law says the "hashrate" will double every 18 months. But no one knows the future and many other devices might be developed to support scrypt-algo. So I think the "halved every nine months" is reasonable.

Thanks and I hope this coin to be successful!
Activity: 196
just press the ingnore button

i dont see his post at all
legendary
Timer removed. End time: 2013-05-14+6:00:00UTC

Why can't admins just drop the banhammer on this tool? He's a self admitted scammer with 20+ accounts.

For a scammer, he posts very honest timers Cheesy
Activity: 224
As always, looking to buy chunks of 10k. As it starts rolling in, feel free to send me your offers.
10 BTC?

This would almost be the time to use the 'ROFL' all the kids are raging about.   Let me rephrase, feel free to pm me your serious offers in LTC.

Not to be a dick, but asking to purchase coin in 10K blocks before launch sort of deserves to be met by kind of outrageous offers.
legendary
Devianttwo, I've sent you a pm. When I log in my account on your website, it shows as powercoin, not Elacoin. Is this OK ? If i registered an account, does that mean I'm good tomorrow morning ?
Activity: 336
hmm

So should I launch a stratum mining pool for this coin?

If there are enough people interested I might open a pool for this coin.

Yes you should and I'll join the moment you lauch, if your fee is not over 5% and you take managing it seriously Smiley

Currently I operate BTCOxygen. You can find link on my sig.

Yeah fees will not be above 3% for sure.
Activity: 224
Timer removed. End time: 2013-05-14+6:00:00UTC

Why can't admins just drop the banhammer on this tool? He's a self admitted scammer with 20+ accounts.
legendary
hmm

Yes you should and I'll join the moment you lauch, if your fee is not over 5% and you take managing it seriously Smiley
Activity: 336
hmm

Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
10 BTC?

How about we wait til the coin comes out then.

I'm not part of your 'we', thanks.  I'm looking to do a gentleman's agreement upfront. Just PM and we'll get the ball rolling. I'm not 20, I don't want to be up all night messing around. If I grab 5k chunks from different people, that's fine too.
Activity: 28
In the same boat as "justabitoftime" / PM me with your offers, I want 10k of these coins / I will make you an offer you can't refuse ---
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
I can't wait to mine this and then as quickly as possible get rid of them for BTC or LTC!
Pages:
Jump to: