Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 86. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 250
but a miner is included in the client, so one can use official client for mining...
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Do you already know that this:
rpcport=9222
port=9223
are the right ports?

or did u just rnd ports in?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Yeah, a 5% fee for the pushpool is very high. Why are you asking double what everyone else is asking ?
Activity: 324
port - is for the wallet to talk to other wallets p2p style and make the network run
rpcport - is for your miner to connect to the wallet, also receives commands to control the wallet (so have a good password)
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Ok so solo mining should be done like this (Correct me if i`m wrong):

1. download the wallet
2. install the wallet and start it.. this will create a a folder with the coins name in appdata roaming.
3. edit elacoin.conf and put in:

server=1
rpcuser=anyusername
rpcpassword=any password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9222
port=9223
daemon=1
gen=0

4. restart the wallet
5. start your cgminer:

cgminer -o  --scrypt 127.0.0.1:9223 -u username -p password -- all other settings

What i`m not sure about is, why are there 2 ports: rpc/port
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
If block rewards depends on hashrate then No benefit for early miners?
Activity: 322
Supersonic
I know the command to get block Difficulty but how do I get block height? via bitcoind?

IIRC block height is same as the number of blocks.

getblockcount
Activity: 224
Hm....Looking forward to release
Activity: 294
I know the command to get block Difficulty but how do I get block height? via bitcoind?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
@TheSwede75
I just tried if the source builds fine. No reason to post dickhead replies.
Activity: 84
Just a reminder guys! Lets try not to kill all the orphans! http://elc.hackshardgaming.net register there and the pool will be up as soon as the coin is released.
This place has a 10% pool fee. There is no way in hell that is worth it.

Old setting... Fixed it.

Did you saw my PM about your buggy menu?!
Got this trying to run elacoind on Ubuntu
main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.

I see what the problem is. You are being a moron trying to mine without a genesis block and apparently you can't read either since the coin isn't launched. Just replace all the code with bubble gum and go to bed. That will fix it!
Can the pool operator please confirm that at launch we can mine straight away and start stashing our coins with the pool until an EXE is released?

As soon as he Updates the Linux files which I'm sure will be first I will have the pool up and running. I already ran a TestNet with the current github version which is not the finalized version and everything worked fine.  I erased the results ofc but there was one other person who found out I was running testnet and hoped on.  Just made sure shares where counting and then we shut it off. Waiting on GitHub update and coin release. once this is done I will start the pool up.
Great!

To calculate the block reward, you need to know the difficulty and the block number, which should be easy:

((1 + int(diff / 24)) / (1 + (height / 194400))

The linux source code will be pushed out to github with the official release! We're working with some people to get Windows binaries compiled too. Everyone excited? Cheesy

This COULD be the non-shittiest coin start in the last.. week or so Smiley
Given you test the Win QT before launch and make all clients/compilers and blockchain available the same SECOND here as to not anger the n00b crew.
Best way to kill this thing is to allow even a minute of premine.
Activity: 84
Activity: 61
Got this trying to run elacoind on Ubuntu
main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.
Just remember the upnp part Smiley

Bob, Bobby, Bobbelino! You should smack up a pool as well Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Just remember the upnp part Smiley
Activity: 185
If you dont have a windows qt, this coin is going into oblivion.

The days of crapcoins have passed, ryc, pwc, fkc, gmc all died out like nobody's business.

If you dont have a windows qt just delay for a couple of days.

enough said.

Windows is actually quite easy to compile for, there is no reason he should inconvenience himself.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Can the pool operator please confirm that at launch we can mine straight away and start stashing our coins with the pool until an EXE is released?

As soon as he Updates the Linux files which I'm sure will be first I will have the pool up and running. I already ran a TestNet with the current github version which is not the finalized version and everything worked fine.  I erased the results ofc but there was one other person who found out I was running testnet and hoped on.  Just made sure shares where counting and then we shut it off. Waiting on GitHub update and coin release. once this is done I will start the pool up.
Great!

To calculate the block reward, you need to know the difficulty and the block number, which should be easy:

((1 + int(diff / 24)) / (1 + (height / 194400))

The linux source code will be pushed out to github with the official release! We're working with some people to get Windows binaries compiled too. Everyone excited? Cheesy

If you dont have a windows qt, this coin is going into oblivion.

The days of crapcoins have passed, ryc, pwc, fkc, gmc all died out like nobody's business.

If you dont have a windows qt just delay for a couple of days.

enough said.
Pages:
Jump to: