Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 87. (Read 133939 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Milkshake
Can the pool operator please confirm that at launch we can mine straight away and start stashing our coins with the pool until an EXE is released?

As soon as he Updates the Linux files which I'm sure will be first I will have the pool up and running. I already ran a TestNet with the current github version which is not the finalized version and everything worked fine.  I erased the results ofc but there was one other person who found out I was running testnet and hoped on.  Just made sure shares where counting and then we shut it off. Waiting on GitHub update and coin release. once this is done I will start the pool up.
Great!

To calculate the block reward, you need to know the difficulty and the block number, which should be easy:

((1 + int(diff / 24)) / (1 + (height / 194400))

The linux source code will be pushed out to github with the official release! We're working with some people to get Windows binaries compiled too. Everyone excited? Cheesy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just a reminder guys! Lets try not to kill all the orphans! http://elc.hackshardgaming.net register there and the pool will be up as soon as the coin is released.
This place has a 10% pool fee. There is no way in hell that is worth it.

Old setting... Fixed it.
5% still seems steep to me... Why would I pool mine when the difficulty is going to be so easy I could solo mine without a fee? I would change it to 1% or something of the like. Just my 2 cents. I'll keep an eye on your pool though, based on the fee I might move my 5.2 MH/s to there or solo mine.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Can the pool operator please confirm that at launch we can mine straight away and start stashing our coins with the pool until an EXE is released?

As soon as he Updates the Linux files which I'm sure will be first I will have the pool up and running. I already ran a TestNet with the current github version which is not the finalized version and everything worked fine.  I erased the results ofc but there was one other person who found out I was running testnet and hoped on.  Just made sure shares where counting and then we shut it off. Waiting on GitHub update and coin release. once this is done I will start the pool up.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
7 hours 43 minutes left.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Looks very interesting. Smiley
Just a reminder guys! Lets try not to kill all the orphans! http://elc.hackshardgaming.net register there and the pool will be up as soon as the coin is released.

Old setting... Fixed it.
Also a note. when I started all this up for testing I already saw the Genesis block listed. Doesn't mater though since you can't connect to the network yet as he has it off on purpose.
Activity: 167
So is this 'elastic block' stuff a bullshit marketing gimmick or is it actually different from Litecoin, Terracoin etc

Did you read any of the thread? The block reward is based on network difficulty

Well higher hashrate = higher block reward, but higher hashrate = less chance of finding a block. So I am not seeing anything special happen here? Please tell me if I am wrong...
Higher hash rate means less chances to find a block for a miner N, but overall with difficulty the rate of monetary creation will be constant.

constant - for the individual miner
but overall: monetary hyperinflation.

But it won't get there, it'll die because nobody with brains will buy it.
It will be released at 2 AM Eastern Time. Not sure where you people are getting 6 AM EST from.
Activity: 224
I'd like to know if it is normal that I get this error message:

elacoind: main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.

Do I have to start the daemon only AFTER the genesis block is released?

No by all means, start mining without genesis block. Report back on progress!  Roll Eyes
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
So is this 'elastic block' stuff a bullshit marketing gimmick or is it actually different from Litecoin, Terracoin etc

Well higher hashrate = higher block reward, but higher hashrate = less chance of finding a block. So I am not seeing anything special happen here? Please tell me if I am wrong...
Higher hash rate means less chances to find a block for a miner N, but overall with difficulty the rate of monetary creation will be constant.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

this denies a Feather Coin situation.
Activity: 347
I'd like to know if it is normal that I get this error message:

elacoind: main.cpp:2078: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9")' failed.

Do I have to start the daemon only AFTER the genesis block is released?

Yeah, that assertion in the code verifies the correct genesis block.  What you'll need to do is do a new git pull (or clone) when the final daemon is released.  If you're bored, you can also just remove the assertions in main.cpp, remove the always false "if ( false && " condition after the second assertion, recompile, and proceed to mine your own genesis block and start testing.  It won't be the right genesis block once the coin is released though and the genesis block hash is probably going to get changed in the final git version.
Activity: 167

Yes, in hyperinflation manner, but since you crapcoin supporters don't know anything about money supply anyway it will probably work for you. For a while.  Cheesy

+1
I also mentioned it in my prev post. My post was probably too long for peoples short attention span disorder.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I know a lot of people asked but the timne for release is 6:00 am EST or do i have the wrong? Also where are the files for this no git?

Should be 2AM Eastern accoring to the first post's timestamp
Activity: 130
Someone integrates this in a pool ?

I have problems with cgminer running Solo Sad
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I know a lot of people asked but the timne for release is 6:00 am EST or do i have the wrong? Also where are the files for this no git?
Pages:
Jump to: