Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released! - page 3. (Read 108085 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I think nobody cant\want do that merge mining. This is only talks, but for last monthes do nothing, speek nothing. We, small investors, must take power by own hands, without hope to anybody. Our luck in our hands.
Need some protect against multipool, last diff adjustments take few days.

PS. Not Lesni but Lesnik
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Personally I'm thinking we should hand over the development of EMD to the Diamondcoin team so that it can be merge mined, what's everyone's opinion on this.. ?

AGREE

Plus Side ::

1. DMD has a great network (security with lots o hashes)
2. DEVs (plural)
3. good web sites
4. diamonds and emeralds match nicely together.

Huh side ::

1. DMD devs can you demo a working (staking) dmd wallet?
2. @Lesnik has earned some stripes, suggest that he gets the lead role for EMD if we join your team. m0gliE gets a chair too.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Thanks Lesni, I've added it to the website:
http://emeraldcoin.info/emd-pools/

Personally I'm thinking we should hand over the development of EMD to the Diamondcoin team so that it can be merge mined, what's everyone's opinion on this.. ?

I think the merged mining with DMD would only be a short-term solution to a much bigger issue. There would be a rise in price at the beginning, but for long-term growth and success a coin needs services and/or items that can be bought and sold. Without "real-world" uses for a currency, it will always be limited in it's potential.

I think what you have been doing to try and revitalize interest in Emerald is great. I have watched this currency for a few months, but have not mined any until today. It seems to be terribly undervalued, at the moment, and in need of a shot in the arm to get it going again. I am not sure that tying it in with another currency would be the best solution.

The biggest issue, facing Emerald, is the low net hash rate which allows the multipools to manipulate mining. Even with a different difficulty adjustment schedule, this would still be an issue. If more miners are not attracted to the "regular" pools, then multipools will keep mining, then dumping and driving the price down until it is no longer profitable to mine for them. At that point, you have driven away most of your community that was behind it.

Changing algos could help, but there are numerous X11, X13, Groestl, etc coins already on the market and I do not believe that it would make much of a difference in people adopting the currency. The number of good scrypt POW coins is small (and getting smaller as more go to PoS or another algo). I know GPU miners hate the Asics coming in and disrupting their easy mining, but it is really no different than the multipools that are already raping the currency. An asics' user will stay on a pool 24/7 mining a profitable coin (or one they believe has potential) and keep the difficulty fairly even instead creating wild swings like the multipools do.

I believe the best option would be a fork to implement the latest BitCoin core and add a difficulty adjustment schedule to even the peaks and valleys out somewhat. The new BitCoin core has numerous advantages over the LiteCoin core on which Emerald is based. I know a couple of people who might be willing to help in this capacity.

I am willing to help, where I can, to resurrect Emerald. Just send me a PM and we can see what can be done.

@Lesnik - The wallet works great on Win 8.1. Synced right up with no problems. Thanks.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Thanks Lesni, I've added it to the website:
http://emeraldcoin.info/emd-pools/

Hi guys. Last developer go away more than year ago.
I do some hard work and now can compile new windows wallet with
two main fixes for our security: new fixed ssl and add last checkpoints.
For first time I dont change anything else.
Checkpoints I take from wallet with more than 1000 transaction during long time,
so have good chance to be all ok. You can check my wallet history.
You can check my fixes https://github.com/lesni4ok/emerald
Old database, configs - all fully compatible with version 0.6.3.
UPnP work, but no IPv6, sorry(
I test new wallet: sync ok, coin generation ok,
but I need help with debug and test new wallet.
Download wallet link, windows version. Tested on winxp and win7.
Working with my system, but maybe requre some another libs for you systems. Just try.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22_jNX9iZCsTFFnN3VneDQzaDg/edit?usp=sharing

So just try new version and we can do next steps!

Maybe somebody need console version?
My emerald wallet - EqA8e2Dm88tdrQQ6A2Mzv2yDR4h8cAyr8f
Sorry for english - not native language.
legendary
Activity: 1461
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)
i am mining on a pool since last December

with no problems
my coins come day by day

the difficulty is very CPU friendly

trading on cryptsy is possible

why should the coin be dead ?

btw
i expect in a short time a price rise in emerald
 Grin
Activity: 78
Says me - The coin cannot sustain consistency, the blocktime stays around 2-30 minutes for hours at a time, then when the difficulty adjusts, it's 1 second block times (when a multipool hits it) and it's back to 2-30 minutes for the next few hours. It's useless to mine since all the coins get mined by a multipool and you get kicked out (orphan) when it hits. They take all 180 blocks and the difficulty adjusts.

I've tried mining for 4 days now, no change. They need KGW or DigiShield ASAP!
legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
Activity: 129
Merit: 102
Is the wallet on http://emeraldcoin.info/emd-pools/ okay to use?

You can use this tested and fully functional Emerald v.1.3 that I uploaded to google drive awhile ago...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3NalaCIrQrYXY0OERDVVdnclU/edit?usp=sharing
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
this coin is preety dead
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
Activity: 68
pump start. dont miss your chance!)
You do know that any pump and dump scheme is illegal in most if not all countries and you could be prosecuted for market manipulation ?

Could you link to the relevant regulations that are applicable to crypto?
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
You do know that any pump and dump scheme is illegal in most if not all countries and you could be prosecuted for market manipulation ?
legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
i am expecting big things from emerald coin!
possible development:

price rising (double and more)
volume rising
more exchange places
more mining pools

and all this in a short time from now on

someone is buying like crazy on cryptsy
 Grin
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
where do you trade EMD ?
Cryptsy. Need some trade volume and small fluctation for start work.

if emerald and diamond go together the emerald price will significant rise
imho

community need to select some spokesman and he must have broad support
then we can start talking about details about further teamwork of the two coins
legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
where do you trade EMD ?

if emerald and diamond go together the emerald price will significant rise
imho
where do you trade EMD ?
legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
Hi guys. I just now start own pump trade bot on EMD for few months. Dont miss your chance!)

where do you trade EMD ?
Hi guys. I just now start own pump trade bot on EMD for few months. Dont miss your chance!)
Pages:
Jump to: