Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released! - page 8. (Read 108085 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Market shift coming... buy while they are nice and low, and mine the hell out of them while the difficulty is low. BTC/LTC is about to have major good news unleashed.

All alts are changing direction fast. Lowest diff and valued ones usually see the greatest returns.

Don't say I didn't give you fair warning... These next three months are going to be a blasted road up to the next highest yearly levels, before summer-time lows come back.
Anyone still mining emd? Time to move on or life in it still?

I still mine it, but rejects are still about 50%... (solo mining in the USA)

Not sure who has zero rejects... But that pool stated above seems to be in the same reality I am in... High rejects, thus, half the reward.

This is windows wallet, that, I assume, is linux for the pool.

Guess the guys who are close in one giant lump, in the same country/area are the only ones not getting rejects, because their daemons are rejecting everyone's except their own. (Not on purpose, they are all just closer to one-another, thus confirming their blocks faster than ours, which come afterwords.)

Got one USA node up... With two more big miners, they will start seeing rejects as we start taking the cake. Tongue

Long live the green glass rock!

P.S. Saying version 1.3 is useless when the internal version is showing v0.6.3.0-unk-beta... call it version 0.6.3.

Time for a coin repossession!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Why start topic not actual? Where emerald coin official site? Who use this coin? Dont understand (
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
emd.cryptcoins.net

STOP ADVERT THIS FRAUD. THEY SIMPLY STEAL YOUR MONEY

How is that?  Its working fine for me, but the fees are high.

coinium is much better, but it is almost closed

Yes, that's what I said above.

Again.  DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHERS?

simply their fraud is too viewed. With their system you could earn approximately 4.5emd per each block you found when you are alone and if the difficulty of this block is greater than emd network difficulty, BUT:
1)you earn down to 2.5emd even if you are alone on this pool
2)some blocks which are greater than network difficulty are rejected. It look likes they simply steal them.
So the final result will be less than the one you await for.

currently I use this pool:
http://emd.hash-to-coins.com/

You don't know what you are talking about!  If you come to the pool and you are alone and only get 2.5 emd when a block hits it is because this pool is proportional pay per share and the other part of the block was paid out to those who were there before and left before the block got hit.  Don't claim fraud !  guarantee it won't happen 2 blocks in a row if you arrive there and are alone.  There is no stealing going on, and the coin can have more orphans that other coins usually do.  The pool reports all orphans.. maybe some pools don't report them.
Activity: 15
Anyone still mining emd? Time to move on or life in it still?
Activity: 21
All sorted, unfortunately had to do a full system restore Sad
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I'm very interested, I will continue to focus
Yup, tried that, no luck, it seems it's a problem with emerald for some reason, every other wallet I try works. It stopped working yesterday morning. cgminer just will not work with it. Sometimes it reports it cannot access the API, I have no idea how to sort that, tried what I have found online in a config file but still no luck
Ok, after lots and lots of fiddling around I still have not managed to get CGminer working with Emerald wallet, everything else I have tried works, Alphacoin, Litecoin, BBQCoin etc etc. Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on please?

This is my conf. It works fine and can solo mine with any mining program:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=12127
rpcport=12128
maxconnections=20
addnode=198.199.90.252
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=108.27.249.69
addnode=p2pool.org
Ok, after lots and lots of fiddling around I still have not managed to get CGminer working with Emerald wallet, everything else I have tried works, Alphacoin, Litecoin, BBQCoin etc etc. Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on please?
Don't know if anyone can help me out but for some reason mining for Emerald will not work any more. No matter what I try, sgminer, cgminer it will not initialise mining. Wallet is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times but to no avail.

My conf file -

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=overlode250376
rpcpassword=1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.*
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=12128

and my cgminer parameters -

cgminer.exe -s 1 -o localhost:12128 -u -p -I 11 -g 2 -w 64 --shaders 512

If someone could help out I would be most grateful.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
emd.cryptcoins.net

simply their fraud is too viewed. With their system you could earn approximately 4.5emd per each block you found when you are alone and if the difficulty of this block is greater than emd network difficulty, BUT:
1)you earn down to 2.5emd even if you are alone on this pool
2)some blocks which are greater than network difficulty are rejected. It look likes they simply steal them.
So the final result will be less than the one you await for.

currently I use this pool:
http://emd.hash-to-coins.com/
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
EMD used to be on coinmarketcap.com but was removed.. How do we get it back up there?

Embarrassed EMD.  EufTThHW2iDaPMNLC98YZ1fAsmUejU7E38   Wink

Need working ABE explorer that can stay up 24/7.
Activity: 3
Activity: 120
emd.cryptcoins.net

Activity: 585
Merit: 251
emd.cryptcoins.net

Activity: 120
Coinium is dumping their EMD pool next week.   Cry

I found another, emd.cryptcoins.net, but its a ghost town.  Most of the time I am the ONLY miner.  

Any other decent EMD pool left?
Activity: 7
This is the only 3 I have:

Code:
addnode=198.199.90.252
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=108.27.249.69
Does anyone have some updated addnodes for Emeraldcoin? Using the basic conf I only get 1 connection and no syncing.
This problem goes away when the diff gets high, because of a timing-balance.

This is what is happening...

Diff is super-low, I find a block. Before I actually submit it, I am already building the next block onto it.
Now I submit it, but as I submit it, I have already found the next block on that one.
The network accepts the first block, and begins to build, (rejected yours)... Too late, I already have the next solution, now being submitted. Which, by the way, I have also found the next solution for.
I submit that second block, you try to build (rejected yours). My third block solution just submitted, already got approved, and he beat me to the next block... Arg...  Now it is his turn for "luck", while EVERYONE gets rejects, until he "strikes-out", or the diff jumps-up again. Me 3 everyone-else 0-3 rejects. (Aka, poor network distribution)

Diff rises....
I find a block, and submit it. Diff is too high for me to find a solution before someone beats me to it.
I find a block, and submit it. Someone finds the next one.
I find one, then get a luck-streak and hit another immediately. (One reject on the network) Me 3 every-one else 0-1 reject. (Aka, normal network distribution. Still get more rejects because the submit/check/distribute/re-build process itself takes longer than 20 seconds. But, system averages about 30sec due to poor diff adjustments.)

This is where it would actually help the coin if you forced the "can't build on your own block" rule. You would have to wait for your block to have been distributed and built upon, before building the next one. That forces a round-robin effect, and reduces rejects almost entirely. Not to mention it has a slight anti-51% attack gain. Forces the swarm of miners all on one wallet/address to wait one block from another wallet/address, before they can continue an attack.

But the biggest initial gain would come from simply doubling the block-time, and also the reward, to keep the same daily reward. In addition to adjusting block-times on a block-per-block situation. That also stops hoppers, making them leave faster, doing less damage. So they don't ramp-up diff, then jump-off, leaving us to mine the slow blocks with little reward as they cash-out all the abundant coins they just over-mined, which drove-up diff in the first place.

Still, I am glad to see this coin on the charts, and trading. Though, it is cheaper to just buy them for gains, instead of mining them. At the moment. Tongue I am doing both.

BTW, at the previous moment, I am near 75-85% rejects... going back to 50-60% now, someone (pool) just jumped onto the coin.
Pages:
Jump to: