Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released! - page 7. (Read 108085 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I still mine EMD when nothing else looks great, although at 5 coins per block and a price around 500-700 satoshi, there are a lot of better things to mine.  If the price goes down, this coin would be worthless.

As for a hard fork, some devs just commandeered Galaxycoin, creating a new fork and implementing KGW.  Difficulty shot way up, making it unprofitable.  I probably won't be mining that any more.  As far as I can tell, Cryptsy is still on the old fork.  Probably going to sell what I have and abandon the coin.  Damn shame.  It took an unusual amount of work to get that coin working right. 

I would recommend not forking this coin too.  Whatever the original dev hoarded is water under the bridge.  If you like the coin, mine it.  If not, mine something else, or make your own coin.  There is no shortage of coins to mine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If the dev is smart, he will cash-out what he can, while there are still people listed to buy the coins, before we lock him out of being able to spend those blocks at all. Those blocks will be invalidated in the next version, for security reasons, since he did not earn them and is no longer using them to support the coin, only himself. He is not entitled to those coins any-longer.

I don't think any existing miner that is still using this coin, or prior coin-holder, would disagree to using that hard-forked version as the next forward version.

Though, at the moment, I wouldn't be listing coins higher than 0.0000001 lol. He will cash out. Don't give him so much BTC. lol.
Lots of tiny hoarders...

All the hoppers left. Looking into taking-over this coin by force now. lol.

First thing being locked-out will be the abandoned devs coins, so those don't come back on the market. Why, because I think we can all agree that his premine is not being used to do anything other than pay his rent.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I've just setup a p2pool to help keep EMD alive, you'll find it at http://dutchpool.org , fee is only 1% and no registration required, p2pool mines directly to your receive address.

URL: http://dutchpool.org:25228
Username: Your receive address (do not use an exchange address)
Password: Anything you want

At least one pool is active , so tech. the coin is not dead.
Let's see if more feedback comes in.
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
I've just setup a p2pool to help keep EMD alive, you'll find it at http://dutchpool.org , fee is only 1% and no registration required, p2pool mines directly to your receive address.

URL: http://dutchpool.org:25228
Username: Your receive address (do not use an exchange address)
Password: Anything you want
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Another coin going silent?

Thanks RM

P.S. Get your low-valued coins before the next big market-hike coming-up. My bot is drinking-up coins slowly still. Tongue Don't settle for less then USD$0.05/EMD, at the moment, they are USD$0.004/EMD. In BTC that is roughly 0.00008100BTC/EMD as opposed to the super-low 0.00000670BTC/EMD... Just don't pump it... buy slow. They will keep listing and selling at a loss. Apparently, they are all mining with free power on free hardware. lol.

The LTC/BTC spikes are coming.
For starters, we can stop calling it version 1.3, when the version is v0.6.3.0-unk-beta.

Tongue

There is nothing indicating version 1.3, why it was ever called that, is unknown. (Personal dev version, just calling it whatever? Could be version cow-frog-delta-2... Or, like it actually says inside the wallet, v0.6.3.0-unk-beta.)
MENU
[HELP]->[ABOUT EMERALD]->{Emerald Version: v0.6.3.0-unk-beta}

That is confusing people, I am sure. Stumped me until I finally just ran it, v0.6.3.0-unk-beta, and it worked. Then realized there is no actual 1.3 version. Tongue)

Website, any luck with a shell website?

Block-Chain, any luck with that?

A formal take-over for a dead-dev that is unresponsive, would normally require a new official actively moderated post, with an appropriate title. Deemed once there were no strong objections. (Then subsequently, this thread would direct to that, in the last post, before having a moderator lock-it-up.)

Also, might want to check the other major alt-coin forum. Since that is a more friendly alt-coin forum. (This place seems to have a hatred for anything not BTC. Even though the alt-coins being alive, is what is making all those people more BTC, by us not mining BTC, and using BTC as a conversion-rate. But, whatever. Tongue)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

Thanks any EMD software links i'll add to the new site,
Hopefully I'll have time to revamp it over the coming week,
I've a few ideas for the future stability of emerald, but for the time being we need to get the basics sorted out..
any sign of that blockchain?
Is there something wrong with the blockchain? I know I'm wayyy late to this coin, but the low diff is attractive to solo miners like me, I can put my smaller rig mining on it while the big one is for newer coins. The coin is still trading too! So despite the probably huge blockchain by now, it's still a good looking coin for a couple reasons. 
Activity: 85

Thanks any EMD software links i'll add to the new site,
Hopefully I'll have time to revamp it over the coming week,
I've a few ideas for the future stability of emerald, but for the time being we need to get the basics sorted out..
any sign of that blockchain?
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID
I've got version 1.3. I'll post it when I get home
Activity: 84
Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover
Does anyone have the wallet...? Please? Could you zip it and post it for us please?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
A permanent link to the wallet download would be a great start.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID

Here's a start, I'll revamp the site over the coming weeks:
http://emeraldcoin.info/

Get involved those that would like to help out.

I"ve mined EMD off and on since the  release.  I"ll help how I can.

Here's a start, I'll revamp the site over the coming weeks:
http://emeraldcoin.info/

Get involved those that would like to help out.

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Was the original dev 'Picasso'? I sent him a message, but he hasn't been online here since early feb.

I think someone needs to take over and get the block-explorer back up, plus patch up the wallets etc.

I'll get to work on a new website for emd.
Yea, I contacted the original DEV, but he is indisposed at the moment.

His servers are still running, but the website and block-explorer are down. (Not sure if there was another block explorer, but it needs one.)

Looks bad for the guy who took the bounty, when he takes the payment and then closes the block-explorer. Not sure what happened there.

I believe I have the code for the off-line wallet-generator. (cold wallet, or paper wallet) I have to double-check my resources. (It may also have updated code too. I have to double-check the git-hub for the source of that code. It is just a simple HTML page that you put on your desktop and open it. {Does not have to be online to run the page, all images and code is actually inside the HTML itself. For security reasons.})

The wallet also needs some code to "reject misbehaving peers". There is at-least one on the network with modified wallet/daemon code, which is purposely rejecting valid diff blocks submitted. (In an attempt to stop yours from being accepted before his is submitted.) Forcing "rebroadcast", usually pushes your rejected-valid block onto the chain again. Blocking his IP helped for a bit, but he changes IP.

For example, this is seen when you submit a block with diff 100K, when the diff is only 30K... It gets rejected, and more than 20-60 seconds later, a valid block seems to be found by someone-else, after your valid block was rejected. (That was him, or one he could not stop from being resubmitted.)

Problem fades when more miners are mining. (A bunch more than his mini-army.) Because he can't reject them fast enough. They get accepted by the others. (Also noted, the IP's are not in the USA. So I once assumed I was just too far from the nodes. That has not been the case.)

Apparent 51% hoarding-attack, I call it. Tongue (It is partly the fault of that damn 20-second block-time target. Same issue fastcoin has at times.)

With this difficulty hike, the price will turn, and his gains will be a LOT less. He is already earning about 75% less now. Another few powerful group of steady miners, and his gains will be reduced to below 1% of the daily coins. With value pushing up to 200-400%, to compensate. When diff rises, it is hard to do a self-stack of winning blocks. Thus, less hoarding and more spread-wealth.

Still one of the best coins to solo-mine. Even if just for trading.

This coin is at one of those points where it is good to mine, and to buy... but buying will be like shooting yourself in the foot, as a miner. Tongue Because it brings more miners! (Which cause the value to have to be raised, so it's all good in the end.)
Yeah EMD is a great coin and I think it can have real lasting value, it just needs a bit of sprucing up and a bit of a push from the Emerald community,

I have several ideas on how to go about this, if anyone on this thread, devs or simply community members want to discuss this with me and help out then please send me a message or email me at [email protected]

For one thing there isn't even a working coin website! I'm happy to start on that straight away. But as well as this I have a merchant acquisition strategy that may take a bit of effort but could be amazing for EMD long term.

Get in touch and we'll get this coin moving.
Nice, getting a lot less rejects with the diff climbing... (Odd, but expected.)

Funny that I am actually making more coins now, with a higher difficulty, than when diff was lower.

Mine the hell out of the coin! Hold and wait for the dumpers to run dry. They can't take much more of these low-ball prices to cash-out. Take advantage of that. (Ignore the actual price now. They helped push the diff down low, so now you can get more. Trust me, it all levels-out later.)

If you got some BTC to throw around, to bring-up your investment value... start making small-change purchases on the high side of the charts. Doesn't take much to create a small upward trend to bring more miners to the coin. (Which will further increase the value.)

Feel free to throw some BTC at me, and I will add it to my regulator bot. It drinks-up all these discount coins, one penny at a time. Or, just let me keep drinking alone! Tongue

Time to get off our asses and stop being spectators to our holdings and its value! lol. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: