Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released! - page 9. (Read 108085 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I was running windows version...

As for the blocks being "acceptable", they were within the diff-range.
As for the blocks being "orphaned", or "cut-off by another block", the next blocks didn't come for about 10-20+ seconds later.

Could be a floating-point issue with the windows wallet, or a timing-issue. (comparison of sending windows to a linux-based primary connection.)

However, still I got about 50-60% rejects. Almost as if the other three/four connections I can ever connect to, are on mars, or like they are purposely rejecting mine, until they submit theirs for acceptance.

Problem was ONCE alleviated by shutting down and reconnecting. However, the connections drifted away, and stuck me with the crappy connections in time. Seems the ones that run fine, don't like to talk to others trying to connect. Not sure where the nodes are, but if any are on a satellite-style connection, that would explain the lag. The pings may be 250ms, but the through-put on those horrible connections is buffered by almost 30-40 seconds. (That would be a connection like clear-wire or old DSL links. The downloads are fast, but the uploads are horribly stalled.)

EG, need more American nodes on actual fast connections, like fiber-optic, close to trunk-lines. (NY, TX, GA, CA)
Activity: 700
Any live block explorers right now?  Both the ones listed in the OP are down.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
I am solo mining, and just saw a block "accepted" within the last 15 minutes (according to cgminer with a 23.6K difficulty), but it did not show up in my Wallet.

I've never seen that before on any other coin. I've also mined hundreds of other Emerald coins, so it's not like I have a configuration issue.

I can't say whether this happened before - I just happened to have been looking at the cgminer screen at the time. And I've had a block after that one that was indeed accepted and showed up correctly.

I haven't been solo mining for long. Is this how an orphan block shows? Or is it something else?

Sounds like an orphaned block, someone got to it just milliseconds before you.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I am solo mining, and just saw a block "accepted" within the last 15 minutes (according to cgminer with a 23.6K difficulty), but it did not show up in my Wallet.

I've never seen that before on any other coin. I've also mined hundreds of other Emerald coins, so it's not like I have a configuration issue.

I can't say whether this happened before - I just happened to have been looking at the cgminer screen at the time. And I've had a block after that one that was indeed accepted and showed up correctly.

I haven't been solo mining for long. Is this how an orphan block shows? Or is it something else?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Soooo many rejects on this network... >50% rejects.

Either there is someone with miners purposely rejecting coins, or this is the worst block-speed ever. lol.

Is this wallets network that slow to update "new blocks". Might be why there are so many rejects. BLocks are found but the wallet is taking forever to tell the rest of the world, once one is found.

Even with a 2500ms ping (2.5sec) the blocks should be traversing the net a lot faster. Oh wait, then there is IIRC crap that adds delays. Time to copy a more updated coin with these same settings and upgrade the wallet, or double block times and reward, to compensate. (Half the daily blocks, so the block-time is 40-sec target not 20-sec which is obviously 50% longer than it takes for the blocks to propagate the network after being confirmed.)

Just saying... if you want this coin to live...

Otherwise you should all be doubling your value, since you are only making half as much as you think you are making, based on estimates from 20-sec calculations and 0%-rejects.

I am having no issues mining EMD and no rejections.  I am still solo mining 1 block every 5-10 minutes.  New blocks stay in the immature state for 20 minutes (or so).  I only transfer to Cryptsy once a night and those transfers are working fine.

IMO, this isnt a great coin but it is working fine with no issues.  Its small block rewards make it very sensitive to difficulty changes.  Dont mine it if difficulty >= 0.4
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

It looks like Cryptsy has fixed the EMD deposits (albeit with a lot of nagging). My last 2 deposits turned up within 10 minutes.

I hope that they have fixed the deposits in other coins too... My FRK finally have arrived there, after 1 day nearly :/
Activity: 23
Sent EMD coins to cryptsy from my wallet about 36 hours ago. No sign of them, they're just gone into the void apparently.

Cryptsy has huge delays in EMD, CGB and ELC (and maybe some more coins) last week or two... The only way is to write to their support, in most cases they,I think, manually push the transfers... Or I don't know what they do, half an hour after creating a support ticked the money is there...
I'm having the same problem as you with my CGB for 2 days.

Nobody knows why it happens, but writing to them will cause that they will deal with the problem.

Thank you for that I was wondering....

It looks like Cryptsy has fixed the EMD deposits (albeit with a lot of nagging). My last 2 deposits turned up within 10 minutes.
Activity: 23

Either there is someone with miners purposely rejecting coins, or this is the worst block-speed ever. lol.

Is this wallets network that slow to update "new blocks". Might be why there are so many rejects. BLocks are found but the wallet is taking forever to tell the rest of the world, once one is found.

Even with a 2500ms ping (2.5sec) the blocks should be traversing the net a lot faster. Oh wait, then there is IIRC crap that adds delays. Time to copy a more updated coin with these same settings and upgrade the wallet, or double block times and reward, to compensate. (Half the daily blocks, so the block-time is 40-sec target not 20-sec which is obviously 50% longer than it takes for the blocks to propagate the network after being confirmed.)

Otherwise you should all be doubling your value, since you are only making half as much as you think you are making, based on estimates from 20-sec calculations and 0%-rejects.

I've mined 70 odd blocks in the past 24 hours and haven't had one reject (I don't think I've had any rejects in all the time I've been mining EMD). What OS is your wallet running on?
Activity: 504

Sent EMD coins to cryptsy from my wallet about 36 hours ago. No sign of them, they're just gone into the void apparently.

Cryptsy has huge delays in EMD, CGB and ELC (and maybe some more coins) last week or two... The only way is to write to their support, in most cases they,I think, manually push the transfers... Or I don't know what they do, half an hour after creating a support ticked the money is there...

Nobody knows why it happens, but writing to them will cause that they will deal with the problem.

Thank you for that I was wondering....

Activity: 70

NEW Emerald Pool  NITRO

This coin is not going anywhere, New pool, dedicated server, 100% uptime/monitored and best of all it's 0% fee during testing period

http://emerald.nitro.org/

* email Login for added security / other pools use your user name for login
** New anti hacking token system beta, no-one can modify your payment information, without email verification. come test this system at 0% fee.

We are testing a new POOL 2.0 secure system, we need a few good testers, and no fees you keep all the coins.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Emeraldcoin is now on Quebec-pool.com!

WE ARE GIVING  COINS BONUS FOR THE BLOCKFINDER

Earn more coins than you make on big pools since most of the coins are going to person with high hashrate.
Server are stable with 1000mbs networks

Come try us!

http://emerald.quebec-pool.com/
need to revive this currency  Undecided otherwise it will die  Sad
Exactly Smiley
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
need to revive this currency  Undecided otherwise it will die  Sad
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
http://emd.cryptcoins.net/statsAuth
add this pool to a blacklist. They simply steal blocks. I have already saw at least twice that they don't count a block I found.

Additionaly to this "manual payouts are disabled"
Activity: 120
I know it doesnt make sense.  I'm just doing it as an experiment.  But with such low difficulty, shouldn't I have seen at least ONE hit in three days?!  

Maybe I completely misunderstand difficulty. I always thought that a low difficultly meant that the global hashrate was low.  More people meant more easily found blocks, so the difficulty would increase to slow things down.  No?

I'll try the pool as well.
Just fun and my own education I have been solo CPU mining Emeralds using the 1.3 client.  It's been going for two days now @ 5000-6000 HPS with no coins.  With such a low difficulty of 0.26, shouldn't I see something after 48 hours?  Or am I doing it wrong?

I don't think if cpu mining of scrypt coins, EVEN if its diff = 0.26, makes any sense, because of global hashrate... It made sense 2 month ago, when a processor giving about 15KH/s, was able to mine a few, maybe 10 emeralds per day. Things changed in the end of November - beginning of December.

But you can use your CPU for CPU-only coins, for example quark-like coins. There's quite new, but well-promising coin Particle PRT, you use a modified minerd and mine it with success on your CPU. I decided myself to do it to use the power of my CPUs... Smiley Emerald is really great coin for mining and has great perspectives, but you need to mine it with GPU.
Pages:
Jump to: