Author

Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌ - page 263. (Read 923924 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Espers v0.8.6.6 Released
(Auto-updating clients will now prompt users to upgrade)
This is a mandatory update

>>>Windows<<<
>>>Source<<<

(Mac clients coming soon)

Also here's the changelog:
- Softfork method changed to block 674400 (Time frame still matches previous update's)
- Corrected syncing from block 0 issue

updated but took a few minutes to get any connection then once it did the connection was dropped for a few minutes then reconnected and wallet synced but ~30 minutes later only getting a maximum of 3 connections - now dropped down to 2 connections Huh

wait for other to update
Activity: 577
Espers v0.8.6.6 Released

>>>Windows<<<
>>>Source<<<

- Softfork method changed to block 674400 (Time frame still matches previous update's)

updated but took a few minutes to get any connection then once it did the connection was dropped for a few minutes then reconnected and wallet synced but ~30 minutes later only getting a maximum of 3 connections - now dropped down to 2 connections Huh
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Just made 133 votes at livecoin. If everybody who can afford it would do the same, will be in the top in no time.
Cost me around 20 euro but with the espers reward of every vote its about the half.
Getting in at livecoin could be very nice, its a pretty big exchange.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Even 50% of the total supply locked in MN seems optimistic to me, so i think we could get around 200 MN active max with 25 mil masternodes (and i'm still being optimistic). Really not too many.

MNs have value because the underlying currency has, not because you need to buy 10% of the total supply to set up one

You have a point, sir.  Smiley
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
🌟
Best example is DASH, for DASH you need 1000 coins = 83.000 US$.

See why I keep saying that 25M ESP for a masternode is not enough?  Wink  At this point, $83.000 of ESP would be 1.9 BILLION. Per masternode. Of course this is not comparable, but you get the point. It doesn't have to be "affordable" for the average Joe.

The fact that MN coul be currently affordable for the average Joe is due to the fact that ESP is still comparatively cheap and not due to the fact that 25 mil are too little, i mean, we are currently on page 3 of coinmarketcap!
If we imagine that 10% of the current 20 Bil ESP supply might be lost / forgotten / locked on exchanges (realistically credible since it's a 1+year coin and i'm not even sure how the swap is being counted here)
That whould give us 18 bil / 25 mil = 720 MN MAX. Which is the unbelivable scenario in which 100% of the aviable supply is neatly stacked and organized in 25 mil MNs.
Even 50% of the total supply locked in MN seems optimistic to me, so i think we could get around 200 MN active max with 25 mil masternodes (and i'm still being optimistic). Really not too many.

MNs have value because the underlying currency has, not because you need to buy 10% of the total supply to set up one
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
https://forum.cryptoinfo.net/
Why you need masternodes,you can stake on posswalet Wink Masternodes give you biggest earnings than on poswallet staking?

This has been discussed at lenght. The whys are all over the ANN
Activity: 835
Why you need masternodes,you can stake on posswalet Wink Masternodes give you biggest earnings than on poswallet staking?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
See why I keep saying that 25M ESP for a masternode is not enough?  Wink  At this point, $83.000 of ESP would be 1.9 BILLION. Per masternode. Of course this is not comparable, but you get the point. It doesn't have to be "affordable" for the average Joe.

To decide MN price in ESP we need to decide how much MN we need total.
We have 20B espers. Let's suggest, we need 1000 MN. Half of espers going to MN and half - to market flow. So 10B/1000=10M for MN.

You are making the debate interesting. All of you. Please keep going.

See why I keep saying that 25M ESP for a masternode is not enough?  Wink  At this point, $83.000 of ESP would be 1.9 BILLION. Per masternode. Of course this is not comparable, but you get the point. It doesn't have to be "affordable" for the average Joe.

You have to look the price Dash was when they implemented masternodes, was it 1-2$ late 2014 - early 2015 ?
If i am not mistaken it was 1000 Dash from the beginning making the cost to buy a masternode 1000-2000$.
With 25 mil per masternode and the current supply thats just a mere 800 masternodes and all the circulating supply will be locked so that number will be much lower in reality, while Dash is counting 4522 nodes.
Isn't the point to decentralize things or not ?

Also good point although the people who got a masternode in the very beginning can be counted with fingers. When DASH masternodes were starting to be "popular" and masternode count started to grow, DASH was way way more expensive.
Pherhaps a mid-way? Where is the mid-way? Too many coins needed will ruin the thing. Supercheap masternodes will ruin it too, making the operation of one unprofitable.
Activity: 1628
Merit: 583
Cryptopony

To decide MN price in ESP we need to decide how much MN we need total.
We have 20B espers. Let's suggest, we need 1000 MN. Half of espers going to MN and half - to market flow. So 10B/1000=10M for MN.

You are so right on point. A masternode is no toy.
I understand the people who would like to afford it and votes for a low coin ammount but unfortunatelly it does not work in such a way in the wild.
WHy i cant MINE WITH RX480 ?!?!??!?!?! tried lot of options, but only gets HW....

You can't mate. Sorry about that.
Read last couple of pages. Don't exactly remember where we discussed it. We are trying to overcome this limitation. Interested in contributing to the effort?
Activity: 770
Seems as ESPERS is starting to get a look and feel of a very important crypto for the future. It's nice to be part of this future from the start
Activity: 1036
Merit: 506
Coderz of the Crypto variety

This is definitely something that we feel needs further discussion, currently the masternode system is being written and the reason why we state this is because it's not going to follow Dash's methods or code.

We have decided to completely write a custom version of the masternode system and as such they will be called something other than that however, for easier user understanding/association we are currently using the "masternode" terminology and label so that it's easier to relate to while the feature is being built.

There'll be more information later this week and next as development progresses.
Also just wanted to mention that the next few updates will NOT be mandatory so everyone can relax a little about constantly having to update with the previous few clients.

Thank you everyone again for being a part of this and we look forward to a bright future with you all Smiley
Activity: 1036
Merit: 506
Coderz of the Crypto variety
Espers v0.8.6.6 Released

>>>Windows<<<
>>>Source<<<

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

You have to look the price Dash was when they implemented masternodes, was it 1-2$ late 2014 - early 2015 ?
If i am not mistaken it was 1000 Dash from the beginning making the cost to buy a masternode 1000-2000$.
With 25 mil per masternode and the current supply thats just a mere 800 masternodes and all the circulating supply will be locked so that number will be much lower in reality, while Dash is counting 4522 nodes.
Isn't the point to decentralize things or not ?
Jump to: