Author

Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning - page 1274. (Read 2003408 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 251
January 29, 2014, 06:52:09 AM
Why should they wast they time to answer to people who are incapable to read the official docs? >90% here is just FUD/totally unqualified posts.
People who really are interested should take at least 1 hour and read about it and try to understand it. Maybe not everything is so easy for the first moment and the IPO has some complexity, but to write SCAM without having any idea about it, disqualifies just yourself.

They will not listen to reason. Soon they will be in here again. The likes of gutshot5820 sleep now, but soon they wake... Reinforce the barricades! While we still have time!
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
January 29, 2014, 06:51:06 AM
Does anybody understand, what was the point of Gunshot's 100 posts?
January 29, 2014, 06:50:03 AM
Take you time and read the official information. The forums are full of waste unfortunately...

/r/ethereum used to be pretty good too, but it's getting infected. How will we burn the heretic, kill the mutant, and purge the unclean?
k99
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Manfred Karrer
January 29, 2014, 06:47:59 AM
I'm now getting more and more surprised by each passing day that NO ONE from the list has bothered to answer.

This really is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

If anyone still thinks of investing on day 1, please read this thread from the beginning to the end. Please don't rush your decision.

Why should they wast they time to answer to people who are incapable to read the official docs? >90% here is just FUD/totally unqualified posts.
People who really are interested should take at least 1 hour and read about it and try to understand it. Maybe not everything is so easy for the first moment and the IPO has some complexity, but to write SCAM without having any idea about it, disqualifies just yourself.
January 29, 2014, 06:47:34 AM
I think all the people on here bashing it are just part of the promotion. Seriously, I could be wrong but those who think they can buy it cheaper later are nuts or don't really believe what they are saying IMO.

It's entirely possible that there's an organised campaign going on to scare people off. Even organised in the sense that different groups had the same idea to scare people off and are all on here in different capacities.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
electroneum.com
January 29, 2014, 06:43:48 AM
what decides if you are going to get the 2x, where is the line?

It's 2x for 7 days starting on the 1st of February 2014.

Thanks

I think all the people on here bashing it are just part of the promotion. Seriously, I could be wrong but those who think they can buy it cheaper later are nuts or don't really believe what they are saying IMO.
January 29, 2014, 06:43:37 AM
For me the issue is not that a few of those involved worked at Goldman Sachs but simply how involved were Goldman Sachs involved in pulling this coin together. Personally I would at least want some clarification who masterminded this team to come together cause looking at the team I'm guessing they didn't just happen to be at the Pub one night. It looks too polished and diverse to be a natural gathering of people, someone clearly brought this team together and that is what I would like to know more about.

And your right working at Goldman doesn't always mean your a dick even if you are very talented.

I'm maintaining a list of questions to get some answers to. You can look at them in post #634. Charles provided an answer in a different thread about the Goldman Sachs issue.

Goldman Sachs is not involved in our venture. We did not solicit them for investment, the company is not assisting us in any way.

We have two quantitative analysts on our team who both have a diverse background off and on wall street including both working for Goldman sachs at some point in their careers. Dr. Costa lives in Asia at the moment and runs an independent hedge fund and Joseph lupin has most recently been involved in the music industry in Jamaica.

The blockchain is owned by those who participate in the fundraiser and those receiving the early stakeholders premine. Let me be clear: No Bank, No financial entity including Goldman Sachs has been allocated any amount of the premine. If they want a chunk then they have to buy it once the fundraiser starts like everyone else.
k99
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
Manfred Karrer
January 29, 2014, 06:43:17 AM
Will wait and see before I decide to invest.

Looks not too nice now.

Take you time and read the official information. The forums are full of waste unfortunately...
Activity: 593
Merit: 500
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
January 29, 2014, 06:39:12 AM
Will wait and see before I decide to invest.

Looks not too nice now.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2014, 06:38:51 AM
Oh, am I? Why would you work upon a crypto currency project and use the brand of a major bank to add trustworthiness to your project? Could you explain why putting the name of Goldman Sachs behind a project like Ethereum is a good thing? I'm ready to learn from you.

I'm not trying to school you. You make up your own mind. If you're in finance, in any way, you've probably worked for one of the big guys if you're smart. They tend to hire the best, and the the ones that go to the top are probably not very good people but excellent at what they do. If anything, if these guys didn't go into management at Goldman Sachs, they're probably not bad guys. Take Snowden for example, worked for the NSA, was unhappy with what happened there, and left.

My question is: Would you have preferred Charles lie about the past work experience of people involved? They have as much right to be involved in cryptocurrency as anyone here.

For me the issue is not that a few of those involved worked at Goldman Sachs but simply how involved were Goldman Sachs involved in pulling this coin together. Personally I would at least want some clarification who masterminded this team to come together cause looking at the team I'm guessing they didn't just happen to be at the Pub one night. It looks too polished and diverse to be a natural gathering of people, someone clearly brought this team together and that is what I would like to know more about.

And your right working at Goldman doesn't always mean your a dick even if you are very talented.
January 29, 2014, 06:38:17 AM
The question is not about the right to participate. The question is why is Charles proud of that fact? It looks like a major inconsistency to me. It is like working on a new mail server app and in the same time promoting your project by saying that some members of your team worked in the local post office and were among the best postmen?!

BTW, why has Charles parted with BitShares and Invictus project? What happened to the 0.5 million VC there? Are his investors happy with current state of BitShares and Invictus?

Who says he's "proud"? To me it just sounded like he said it in passing. The question about Invictus is important to me as well. I know it's probably a touchy subject, but if he got voted out of the company, is that going to have an impact on the future of this project? I'm not trying to fear monger, but some type of statement on what happened there and what protects supporters of this project from a repeat occurrence would be nice.
January 29, 2014, 06:34:37 AM

It's 2x for 7 days starting on the 1st of February 2014.
January 29, 2014, 06:33:09 AM
OP, good luck on the project. I've seen many twts about it and I found a fake post on it at https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3775-ethereum-ipo-launched/#entry33341

Wow. People have already sent funds to that address. Need to report that as a scam to CryptoCoinTalk. The user is even "Vitalik Buterin".
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
January 29, 2014, 06:30:34 AM
My question is: Would you have preferred Charles lie about the past work experience of people involved? They have as much right to be involved in cryptocurrency as anyone here.
The question is not about the right to participate. The question is why is Charles proud of that fact? It looks like a major inconsistency to me. It is like working on a new mail server app and in the same time promoting your project by saying that some members of your team worked in the local post office and were among the best postmen?!

BTW, why has Charles parted with BitShares and Invictus project? What happened to the 0.5 million VC there? Are his investors happy with current state of BitShares and Invictus?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
electroneum.com
January 29, 2014, 06:30:20 AM
January 29, 2014, 06:09:58 AM
Oh, am I? Why would you work upon a crypto currency project and use the brand of a major bank to add trustworthiness to your project? Could you explain why putting the name of Goldman Sachs behind a project like Ethereum is a good thing? I'm ready to learn from you.

I'm not trying to school you. You make up your own mind. If you're in finance, in any way, you've probably worked for one of the big guys if you're smart. They tend to hire the best, and the the ones that go to the top are probably not very good people but excellent at what they do. If anything, if these guys didn't go into management at Goldman Sachs, they're probably not bad guys. Take Snowden for example, worked for the NSA, was unhappy with what happened there, and left.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
January 29, 2014, 05:59:43 AM
OP, good luck on the project. I've seen many twts about it and I found a fake post on it at https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3775-ethereum-ipo-launched/#entry33341
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 29, 2014, 05:58:27 AM
I'm now getting more and more surprised by each passing day that NO ONE from the list has bothered to answer.

This really is looking more and more like a COMPLETE SCAM!

If anyone still thinks of investing on day 1, please read this thread from the beginning to the end. Please don't rush your decision.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
January 29, 2014, 05:58:05 AM
I won't invest a dime in a project where a major bank like GS have their finger in. I feel sorry for Vitalik and some other honest guys in the team. They've just been used.

Those guys quit Goldman Sachs. They are heroes of the financial revolution and you sir are an agent of disinformation!
January 29, 2014, 05:43:11 AM
there is no development with 30k btc, just hawaii vacations with buggattis on your expense. welcome to earth

Here's the reason why I think you're wrong. If they were going to do that, they would have remained anonymous and relied solely on the ideas behind Ethereum. If they ran off with your money and totally misappropriated the funds, they'd face a class action lawsuit in all likelihood. Hell, that's possible if they deceive people en masse. We're still in crypto land, so we should support our friends on here that propose good ideas, but they've put together a group of professionals and are out in the open. We should also try and leave our issues at the Ethernet port before we come online, because they seem to spill out all over this thread.
Jump to: