Author

Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning - page 1275. (Read 2003408 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Bayern
January 29, 2014, 05:39:48 AM
5000 btc? Just cash out 1k btc and enjoy your life lol
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 29, 2014, 05:25:13 AM
For all you shills that keep attacking people who are disgusted/disappointed at people with concerns.  Try a different tactic.  Try explaining to people exactly why the potentially 30,000 bitcoin and 50% pre-mine is necessary.  Explain to them in market cap terms how they will make a return on their investment.  Explain why they cannot get VC funding but why the bitcoin community should invest when any investment bank or hedge fund or VC will not?  Get us a background check on all the principle group and explain what exactly are their duties, what exact role they will be playing and how much each person will be paid. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.  Your constant attacks are annoying.  You shills are easy to recognize, because none of your posts have any reasoning or statements, they are pure viscous attacks designed to scare off people from this message board.  

All you shills ever do is constantly keep pointing at articles, "Im going to invest my life savings," "if you miss out on this you will regret it."  WTF, do you think that people that stupid now?  Believe it or not, none of my posts will have any effect whatsoever on anyone's decision, but hopefully it will make them question and do their own homework before making a decision. I dont think theres anything wrong with that  If you cant tell by now, there are a lot of people wiser than me on this board concerning crypto investments and they have come to their own conclusions about the viability of this Ethereum investment.  Your constant attacking and demoralizing comments towards people who have questions is really just disgusting and Ive seen this tactic many times by people selling scammy products.  

If you think Ethereum is such a hot deal then you should just shut the hell up and quietly buy into it with your life savings and thank me later.  What are you worried about if you are not a shill? If Ethereum sells out in one week (LMAO) then you are either smoking crack or you will be one of the lucky ones that got to buy in and give these guys and their wall street advisers millions.  Personally, I think there will be plenty of people waiting in the wings to buy after the price sinks to its appropriate level.  But if you think its going to sell out 30,000 btc at one dollar an ETH and there will be so  much demand that there will be another 100,000 bitcoin demand/bids waiting to take it off your hands at double the price...I have a bridge Id like to sell you.

yes, gutshot5820, i agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but why are you going from forum to forum flooding them with these comments? What is your objective? are you that desperate to save us from losing money and prevent the ether devs from becoming rich?  You should be here to ask a few questions, make a few comments and leave it at that. We are all adults and can make a decision, but its like you're on some oc campagin against ethereium. Its fucking weird man

TBH, I was just joking with all of you.  Just wanted to scare the rest of the guys off Ethereum.  Now that Ive done most of my work.  I have about 5000 btc that I plan to invest and a few of my friends are investing about the same amount.  First come first serve. We are planning to buy in the first hour to make sure we get our 2x shares.  Hopefully, there will be enough for you all because we created an investment pool just for Ethereum.  Ethereum will be the future and take over the crypto world.  Anyone who does not invest in it is missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime.  I was at the conference in Miami.  Vitalik is an absolute genius.  See you all at the 1st of Feb. Cheers!!

Almost worked   Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
January 29, 2014, 05:16:33 AM
SCAM IPO SCAM
  Undecided

Easy to post, hard to read and understand, I did some homework and I am on board of this ship!
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
January 29, 2014, 05:12:26 AM
This is why they need the 0.5X premine...to pay these people, many of whom are not even developers.

what are you talking about mate? they will have thousands of BTC to pay them , why the 0.5 premine?

The BTC from the fundraiser are supposed to be held in escrow and used only for development purposes. The 0.5X premine on the other hand is given directly to the founders just because they are awesome guys.

there is no development with 30k btc, just hawaii vacations with buggattis on your expense. welcome to earth
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
January 29, 2014, 04:51:09 AM
so best case scenario:
- you 5k btc
- few friends 5k btc each; with few >= 5
- 30k btc hard cap reached and ipo fuss over within an hour

fingers crossed! (in all honesty)

I'm very curious to learn how long it takes (if they even end up reaching the hard cap). I wonder how much of that'll end up coming from Bitcointalk, where the voices are loud and contributions small. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
January 29, 2014, 04:45:35 AM
TBH, I was just joking with all of you.  Just wanted to scare the rest of the guys off Ethereum.  Now that Ive done most of my work.  I have about 5000 btc that I plan to invest and a few of my friends are investing about the same amount.  First come first serve. We are planning to buy in the first hour to make sure we get our 2x shares.  Hopefully, there will be enough for you all because we created an investment pool just for Ethereum.  Ethereum will be the future and take over the crypto world.  Anyone who does not invest in it is missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime.  I was at the conference in Miami.  Vitalik is an absolute genius.  See you all at the 1st of Feb. Cheers!!

so best case scenario:
- you 5k btc
- few friends 5k btc each; with few >= 5
- 30k btc hard cap reached and ipo fuss over within an hour

fingers crossed! (in all honesty)

January 29, 2014, 04:41:33 AM

Anything less would defy reason. You must have better things to do than to come on here as much as you do if you weren't interested in buying in. Wink
January 29, 2014, 04:38:41 AM
I won't invest a dime in a project where a major bank like GS have their finger in. I feel sorry for Vitalik and some other honest guys in the team. They've just been used.

Those guys quit Goldman Sachs. They are heroes of the financial revolution and you sir are an agent of disinformation! Seriously though, you think banks aren't going to buy into cryptocurrency? There are more people involved in banking that own Bitcoin than there are coins.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 29, 2014, 03:54:39 AM
Kill this f*king beetle, ur avatar is the most annoying on this forum!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
January 29, 2014, 03:47:30 AM
This is the new precedent set by Goldman Sachs advisors.
I won't invest a dime in a project where a major bank like GS have their finger in. I feel sorry for Vitalik and some other honest guys in the team. They've just been used.
Activity: 24
January 29, 2014, 03:24:12 AM
For all you shills that keep attacking people who are disgusted/disappointed at people with concerns.  Try a different tactic.  Try explaining to people exactly why the potentially 30,000 bitcoin and 50% pre-mine is necessary.  Explain to them in market cap terms how they will make a return on their investment.  Explain why they cannot get VC funding but why the bitcoin community should invest when any investment bank or hedge fund or VC will not?  Get us a background check on all the principle group and explain what exactly are their duties, what exact role they will be playing and how much each person will be paid. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.  Your constant attacks are annoying.  You shills are easy to recognize, because none of your posts have any reasoning or statements, they are pure viscous attacks designed to scare off people from this message board.  

All you shills ever do is constantly keep pointing at articles, "Im going to invest my life savings," "if you miss out on this you will regret it."  WTF, do you think that people that stupid now?  Believe it or not, none of my posts will have any effect whatsoever on anyone's decision, but hopefully it will make them question and do their own homework before making a decision. I dont think theres anything wrong with that  If you cant tell by now, there are a lot of people wiser than me on this board concerning crypto investments and they have come to their own conclusions about the viability of this Ethereum investment.  Your constant attacking and demoralizing comments towards people who have questions is really just disgusting and Ive seen this tactic many times by people selling scammy products.  

If you think Ethereum is such a hot deal then you should just shut the hell up and quietly buy into it with your life savings and thank me later.  What are you worried about if you are not a shill? If Ethereum sells out in one week (LMAO) then you are either smoking crack or you will be one of the lucky ones that got to buy in and give these guys and their wall street advisers millions.  Personally, I think there will be plenty of people waiting in the wings to buy after the price sinks to its appropriate level.  But if you think its going to sell out 30,000 btc at one dollar an ETH and there will be so  much demand that there will be another 100,000 bitcoin demand/bids waiting to take it off your hands at double the price...I have a bridge Id like to sell you.

yes, gutshot5820, i agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but why are you going from forum to forum flooding them with these comments? What is your objective? are you that desperate to save us from losing money and prevent the ether devs from becoming rich?  You should be here to ask a few questions, make a few comments and leave it at that. We are all adults and can make a decision, but its like you're on some oc campagin against ethereium. Its fucking weird man

Thats basically what i was implying you were doing. Either that or you were vitalks ex-boyfriend jealous of his impending success. Word of advice for the future though:  save the admittance until AFTER the ipo.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 29, 2014, 02:30:18 AM

Activity: 490
January 29, 2014, 02:18:37 AM

Could someone help clear the air? Assuming I invest 5 BTC, therefore receiving 10,000 ether, what is the worst/best case scenario after the release?

Sorry for the tangent!

I too would like to read an answer to this question.

worst case: total failure, no block chain, no ether returned, all fundraising money is gone!!! HAHAHA

duh man

and Vitalik steals your girlfriend.

I'm more worried about my ideas for contracts getting stolen. 
Activity: 24
January 29, 2014, 01:52:00 AM

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 29, 2014, 01:50:38 AM
Wow, it seems like after the Altcoin boom we see now
a ripple-like flood of "minted" coins (ripple,mst,nxt and now Ethanolium)
January 29, 2014, 01:32:40 AM
If you support Ethereum you are fired - both metaphysically and spiritually from humanity. You are no longer human in my eyes because you are directly slowing technological progression and costing millions of human lives in the long run.

Umm...millions of lives? So you somehow think that Ethereum is going to be the marathon holocaust and that you're saving it by firing those who are interested? That's like beyond Trump crazy.

I'm so happy to know that you troll threads other than my own
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
January 29, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

Could someone help clear the air? Assuming I invest 5 BTC, therefore receiving 10,000 ether, what is the worst/best case scenario after the release?

Sorry for the tangent!

worst case: total failure, no block chain, no ether returned, all fundraising money is gone!!! HAHAHA

duh man

and Vitalik steals your girlfriend.
January 29, 2014, 01:30:39 AM
I have a LEGITIMATE QUESTION.  I haven't seen this addressed but I also didn't read everything. 

Traditional Proof of Stake mining means whoever has the most money gets the most inflation, paid out of transaction fees.  Considering the "Ethereum foundation" is starting with .5x, they will have a considerable advantage in this.  Who controls this foundation/website and where that money goes?  …because even the inflation from POS will be a considerable amount of Ether. 
January 29, 2014, 01:27:33 AM

Sorry for the tangent!

duh man
January 29, 2014, 01:21:38 AM
mining will start in 3days or thats just the funding date?

Mining is months away, according to the Ethereum people. The fundraiser starts on 1 February 2014 (00:00 GMT). In terms of mining, there'll be testnet first, followed by mainnet. You will have plenty of time to charge your lasers. Smiley
Jump to: