Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 253. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Like DelBoy have said before this time next year i would be milioner because of EXP Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
You don`t have months as us hoarders are mining it and buying at the same time Smiley
Activity: 555
Merit: 500
nice roadmap here i think its a good coin, but its months away before we see anything so il invest closer to something real. good luck

closer to "something real" there will be not much coins left to buy...
There is lot of hoarders right now, including me.

we have months n premine to deal with
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
And always the other one too.

I have a high paying full time job so the greater purpose is higher on the priority list than the monetary incentive.

An ethereum developer has the luxury of building things WITH the platform, vs building the platform.
Could you provide an example of the extra freedom from building on a separate, yet identical*, chain?

Yes two examples. One is the blocktime you brought up. I chose to slow down the blocktime to lower the orphan rate, making mining more efficient. Vitalik argued in the ethereum gitter that it was stupid and that it didnt matter if mining was inefficient that "ghost" solved the "problem". He is right that ghost makes the problem less of a problem but the problem is, blocks take time to propagate and ghost doesnt magically dilate time. The more time blocks get to propagate the less of a chance they are going to be orphaned. The less orphans, the greater chance a miner will get paid for the work they are doing.

Something we could have done was just increase the uncle limit, however then we are introducing more blockchain bloat.

Expanse also has a higher gas limit so we can create Dapps that do a little more. With the higher gas limit, the apps are doing more, we would need a little more time to make sure everything goes smoothly.

I suppose EXP gas is cheaper but most ETH devs would presumably run on a free testnet before going on the mainnet anyway.

Some do, some dont, Ethereum go devs made it very easy to create private networks with GETH. The higher up projects like R3 most likely wont use the ethereum mainnet for the same reason im not, they need the freedom to evolve if need be.

As you say they're building a platform and you are creating dapps and solutions which could have run on it.

They could run on both you are right and we will most likely be leveraging both.

Borderless.tech is to expanse what consensys is to ethereum

I give you props. I threw down the glove and you met the challenge.
Although I remain unswayed I admire your chutzpah. I could argue if you really wanted to change the world you'd use Ethereum, a much more popular platform. However if you believe doing so on Expanse is the way to go then that's entirely your prerogative. And if Ethereum starts going off the rails…

Blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking

*not identical - iirc you have slower blocktimes (not sure why though)

[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
nice roadmap here i think its a good coin, but its months away before we see anything so il invest closer to something real. good luck

closer to "something real" there will be not much coins left to buy...
There is lot of hoarders right now, including me.
Activity: 555
Merit: 500
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
What are you guys doing? Is it some greater vision or just the venal pursuit of cash?
There is always a greater vision.

And always the other one too.

Money is always involved.

As you say.

At expanse we have the luxury to buildings things WITH the platform, vs building the platform. There is value in that. However, the reason I didnt use ethereum, like r3 and others didnt use ethereum is, there is more freedom in building on a separate chain.

An ethereum developer has the luxury of building things WITH the platform, vs building the platform.
Could you provide an example of the extra freedom from building on a separate, yet identical*, chain? I suppose EXP gas is cheaper but most ETH devs would presumably run on a free testnet before going on the mainnet anyway.

The eth devs are solving entirely diff problems than the exp devs.

As you say they're building a platform and you are creating dapps and solutions which could have run on it.

Borderless.tech is to expanse what consensys is to ethereum

Expanse is a Consensys.

but unlike consensys we are just solving different problems.

OK

I give you props. I threw down the glove and you met the challenge.
Although I remain unswayed I admire your chutzpah. I could argue if you really wanted to change the world you'd use Ethereum, a much more popular platform. However if you believe doing so on Expanse is the way to go then that's entirely your prerogative. And if Ethereum starts going off the rails…

Blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking

*not identical - iirc you have slower blocktimes (not sure why though)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

And the vid takes you to http://www.borderless.tech/ , another Franko production

"Borderless.tech is a coalition of globally accessible governance services forged out of smart contracts that live on the Expanse blockchain."[/i]

Borderless.tech is to expanse what consensys is to ethereum, but unlike consensys we are just solving different problems.

All this blue sky vision and helicopter thinking is well and good until money gets involved.

Not real sure what you mean. Money is always involved.

My question is what the hell's the diff between Expanse and Ethereum and why didnt Franko just contribute to Ethereum?

Expanse is an alternative public ethereum network. Sort of like how R3 is using an alternative private network. People tend to think its an either or situation which is farther from the truth. Its a use both type of situation. The eth devs are solving entirely diff problems than the exp devs. At expanse we have the luxury to buildings things WITH the platform, vs building the platform. There is value in that. However, the reason I didnt use ethereum, like r3 and others didnt use ethereum is, there is more freedom in building on a separate chain. Although I normally agree with the direction of ethereum there may come a time where we as the community don't and if we are joined at the hip with eth by say, us using their network its not an easy migration. With that being said, we can leverage both networks.

What are you guys doing? Is it some greater vision or just the venal pursuit of cash?

There is always a greater vision.

Activity: 812

And the vid takes you to http://www.borderless.tech/ , another Franko production

"Borderless.tech is a coalition of globally accessible governance services forged out of smart contracts that live on the Expanse blockchain."

All this blue sky vision and helicopter thinking is well and good until money gets involved.
My question is what the hell's the diff between Expanse and Ethereum and why didnt Franko just contribute to Ethereum?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
http://blog.expanse.tech

Expanse 2016 Roadmap

The roadmap looks great! Everything is detailed and shows the important stuff that will happen with EXP. I am still keeping an eye on it, since right now prices are cheap (considering it is still undervalued) but makes it a better choice than ETH. A pretty good feature that I am willing it to become a success is Borderless.tech  Smiley
legendary
Roadmap very clean and precise i like it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
legendary
Activity: 1988
Fun time coming or what Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
exp would really shine now if there was a rise

There is no doubt EXP will be a success. Developer team is solid and emission model was very well planed.
I know Christopher don't position EXP as ETH competition, but seriously ETH should be worried a bit.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Agree. Only time and good development will tell if Expanse will succeed or not. By the looks of it, EXP has a great dev team and community which will make it survive for long term. Usability is what makes it important to become successful, I think.  Cheesy

Say, does anybody know how could I find more nodes for EXP? I am only getting 4 peers by writing the admin.peers command, but I'd bet that there are more. If so, where could I find them and how to add them into Gexp?  Huh
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Update from Slack, some progress on Expanse being purchased with credit cards in the UK. (It would first be the UK, and expand out from there later - I have know the founder of Coinerz for a few years now)

coinerz [7:41 AM]
Morning/Afternoon - glad to be here!

[7:41]
I'm actually adding a fiat/exp gateway to Coinerz and it will be rolled out in the next round of upgrades. :simple_smile:

christopherfranko [7:44 AM]
aw man that is awesome news!

danconway [7:44 AM]
Very good! That is def something we have been looking for :smile:

cryptotrader [8:10 AM]
that be awesome

[8:10]
could sell my my stash for pounds later

christopherfranko [8:11 AM]
pounds of gold :smile:

danconway [9:12 AM]
http://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/ sigh

james [11:19 AM]
Hi James! Welcome coinerz!

[11:22]
https://coinerz.com   (I have know him for a few years now, this is his site for crypto credit card transactions...)
coinerz.com/
Coinerz Support makes it quick, safe and easy to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and other digital currency in the UK. We take the difficulty out of cryptocurrency.
legendary
Interesting on EXP is that you can use it as ETH.
But unlike ETH, you are still able to buy huge stake in EXP even with modest buy.

This is very true, and it isn't hype at all with this low of a marketcap. We have the design down very well for the long term. This is designed to survive first of all, and then grow and expand. Those that get in early at the right price should be quite pleased down the road. Mining, or buying a little for the long run is one of the safest moves around at this entry point. Obviously I am biased, but I also know what it takes for success and survival, and that is what we will be working on. Security first of all, and then growing when ready.

Very good news with security and roadmap behind the corner Smiley
Jump to: