Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 40. (Read 97213 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Later on as we get closer to the 2 month zero block reward, I may do a client update to include a fixed transaction fee, to give miners at least some incentive to mine EXC, that could be an option.

I will sort out the bounties that are due tomorrow, have some mates over now, few beers, maybe some FiFA 13, if the other halves don't get too bored. Xbox Gamertag captchadd if you fancy adding and a game?

Then I will look how things are going with the network and start planning Extremecoin Client V1.1, there is always something that can be improved and I always value the communities input.

And in response to a few other posts, from my Crimecoin "test" release, it is known that I hate Pre-Mining just for the sake of it, that is just greed.

That is why you will see me mining on the EXC pool, just like everyone else, as once the bounties have been paid, I will be no better off than anyone else.

I do this as a hobby as I enjoy it. I make my money doing BTC to USD trades and dabble with a few other Crypto-coins. I don't seek to profit from coin releases.

Thanks for the advice and support so far everyone, it means a lot and strives me back to the drawing board of inspirational out of the box thinking, with Crypto's.

I am going to add a thank you section I think to the Extremecoin website, as there are a few people that have really helped me the last 6 months and I have learnt more in that time than the whole 3 years I have been involved in the Crypto world.

Cheers.
Community .. more of this ^

my cynical side just got friendly
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
So this coin is going to reach its maximum in just 2 months?  That's no time at all.
Has there ever been any coins that reached their max already?  Or is this going to be the first?

Either way, if nothing else, this coin will be a good experiment to see how people react and how well the system works once the max is reached and all (or vast majority of) the miners leave.

Does that mean I get into the Crypto history books for the first coin to get naturally mined dry?

As Bitcoin will end up this way at some point, you are right in saying it would be good to see what happens after they have all been mined up.

If this coin does get on an exchange, then I can sort out services and places to spend EXC, which will increase block TX fees, of which in a client update closer to the time I may add a fixed TX fee.

Its ok me mining the coin for no reward to keep it going but it would be nice with other miners were still mining due to the amount of TX fee's.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
EXC Account Balance
Confirmed   0
Unconfirmed   18.58516194
1 hour is already mining. How so?

Most pools payout when block is confirmed X times.
It says "unconfirmed", so it's not confirmed yet.

Give it time.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
EXC Account Balance
Confirmed   0
Unconfirmed   18.58516194
1 hour is already mining. How so?
Later on as we get closer to the 2 month zero block reward, I may do a client update to include a fixed transaction fee, to give miners at least some incentive to mine EXC, that could be an option.

I will sort out the bounties that are due tomorrow, have some mates over now, few beers, maybe some FiFA 13, if the other halves don't get too bored. Xbox Gamertag captchadd if you fancy adding and a game?

Then I will look how things are going with the network and start planning Extremecoin Client V1.1, there is always something that can be improved and I always value the communities input.

And in response to a few other posts, from my Crimecoin "test" release, it is known that I hate Pre-Mining just for the sake of it, that is just greed.

That is why you will see me mining on the EXC pool, just like everyone else, as once the bounties have been paid, I will be no better off than anyone else.

I do this as a hobby as I enjoy it. I make my money doing BTC to USD trades and dabble with a few other Crypto-coins. I don't seek to profit from coin releases.

Thanks for the advice and support so far everyone, it means a lot and strives me back to the drawing board of inspirational out of the box thinking, with Crypto's.

I am going to add a thank you section I think to the Extremecoin website, as there are a few people that have really helped me the last 6 months and I have learnt more in that time than the whole 3 years I have been involved in the Crypto world.

Cheers.
Activity: 249
In coin early stages its better to solo-mine with low difficulty. When the diff gets up there pools are more useful.
Activity: 280
stevenlam in the pool

His behavior is so strange!
How may pools do exist?

Network Hashrate: 438.542 MH/s   
Pool Hashrate: 113.693 MH/s

innovation
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
So this coin is going to reach its maximum in just 2 months?  That's no time at all.
Has there ever been any coins that reached their max already?  Or is this going to be the first?

Either way, if nothing else, this coin will be a good experiment to see how people react and how well the system works once the max is reached and all (or vast majority of) the miners leave.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
diff is 4 now.
it could get stuck

This is a concern with 72*5 minute 6 hour re-targets. These new releases get thrashed now eh.

"networkhashps" : 533122395

Unreal.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
diff is 4 now.
it could get stuck

This is a concern with 72*5 minute 6 hour re-targets. These new releases get thrashed now eh.

its like there is a swarm of BTCless GPUs waiting for a tasty morsel to devour like locust.
diff is 4 now.
it could get stuck

Dynamic difficulty maybe better!

innovation
With the pool I am getting a Pool 0 Stratum Auth failed type error.

I have never seen this before, does anyone know what it means?

That looks like it might be a login or worker/address naming problem. Maybe try making a new worker?

cgminer?

my cgminer works fine.
Activity: 294
diff is 4 now.
it could get stuck
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
This coin would have made more sense if it was POS too.  As it is once the 4 mill is mined it is going to be 51%'d with ease.

You are right there and that is something to think about over the next few weeks.

5 Million in 5 months, 5% every 5 weeks. Call it the fives alive coin!

Well if it happens, it better be fair release, src, bin, pre ann, etc.   Bounties are not necessary if the coin is released fairly, people will help out if they don't feel like they will be dumped on and the priced crushed.
This coin would have made more sense if it was POS too.  As it is once the 4 mill is mined it is going to be 51%'d with ease.

You are right there and that is something to think about over the next few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501

That looks like it might be a login or worker/address naming problem. Maybe try making a new worker?

cgminer?

Pages:
Jump to: