Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 333. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 250
400K sell on polo, imho no chance to rise without M2
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I made a few buys at prices I didn't think we'd hit again, shame I missed the second dump though. But thank you mr dumper and I hope you made out well on it also.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Seems we go up again, in a another speculative round.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Well said indeed, I like the way you look at the value of information.

Thanks
Early venture capitalists and investors know the value of companies that perform innovative, useful functions with information.

"[Our] mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful."

Source

Smart VC's and investors see similar potential in Factom.
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
I appreciate the weak hands providing such a buying opportunity.

Not much.  There is plenty of room for multiple players in this space.  I like the approach Factom is taking by employing an altcoin.  It opens up a world of possibilities that aren't possible with Tierion.

In fact, this price drop allowed me to accumulate enough Factoids that I feel comfortable elaborating on why I'm so excited about Factom.  In the past, many forms of currency were BACKED by something valuable such as gold or silver.  Today, fiat currency isn't backed by anything.  Factoids are backed by data.

Factoids are backed by something much more valuable than even gold.  Information.  And one could argue that it works both ways in that Factom also backs data.  Factom is backed by data and backs data.  

Remember, the creators of Factom want 1 Entry Credit to cost the same and back a specific amount of data.

What is the definition of Gold Standard?  "A gold standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account is based on a fixed quantity of gold."

What could the Factom Standard be?  "A Factom standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account (Entry Credit) is based on a fixed quantity of data."

Bitcoin is backed by an ever-decreasing number of mining operations.  Factoids are backed by and back an ever-increasing amount of data looking to be verified, secured, and easily auditable.

What do you forsee the future global currency being backed by?  Nothing?  Gold?  Silver?  Electricity?  Or information.  We ARE in the Information Age after all.  Maybe it's time for our currency to join the times.

Well said indeed, I like the way you look at the value of information.

Thanks
I appreciate the weak hands providing such a buying opportunity.

Not much.  There is plenty of room for multiple players in this space.  I like the approach Factom is taking by employing an altcoin.  It opens up a world of possibilities that aren't possible with Tierion.

In fact, this price drop allowed me to accumulate enough Factoids that I feel comfortable elaborating on why I'm so excited about Factom.  In the past, many forms of currency were BACKED by something valuable such as gold or silver.  Today, fiat currency isn't backed by anything.  Factoids are backed by data.

Factoids are backed by something much more valuable than even gold.  Information.  And one could argue that it works both ways in that Factom also backs data.  Factom is backed by data and backs data.  

Remember, the creators of Factom want 1 Entry Credit to cost the same and back a specific amount of data.

What is the definition of Gold Standard?  "A gold standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account is based on a fixed quantity of gold."

What could the Factom Standard be?  "A Factom standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account (Entry Credit) is based on a fixed quantity of data."

Bitcoin is backed by an ever-decreasing number of mining operations.  Factoids are backed by and back an ever-increasing amount of data looking to be verified, secured, and easily auditable.

What do you forsee the future global currency being backed by?  Nothing?  Gold?  Silver?  Electricity?  Or information.  We ARE in the Information Age after all.  Maybe it's time for our currency to join the times.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

For Factom... nothing:

centralized solutions are better and faster at proving a positive, like tierion does. We prove a negative, which tierion can’t do
https://twitter.com/factomproject/status/735566431182524416
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
legendary
Well, I m not buying anything more. Just arround the corner claim was almost a month and event though some work is evident, what I value from now on is only the final result. M2. Where is M2?
legendary
Activity: 924
Me not-yet, on account of "I'm strapped." Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1204
I wonder when factom is going to be used more and more, cause looking at there Blockchain explorer it stays a little the same.

I like what they do but it need to be used aswell.
legendary
Activity: 1029
yeah bought more.. Smiley
legendary
price seems to be holding up decently in the face of a poloniex massacre and bitcoin pump. id call it a win

Heh, yes, it s really holding up. Another wave of speculations but this should be over soon. Just hold on and wait for the green.
Activity: 672
Bought some more at these low prices!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 722
Has anyone factomized Satohis white paper?
Once again Factom is being recognized as a market disrupter.... Good things coming!

Full details of these investments
  are set out in the Report of the Chief Executive
  Officer and our view is that these investments have
  the potential for short and medium term liquidity
  events, which will both create value enhancing opportunities
  and realisation windows. These investments are all
  characterised by their ability to disrupt markets
  through the innovative use of technology whether
  in the ........Factom, Inc ("Factom")), biotech/healthcare

http://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/london/fastfwd-innov-FFWD/share-news/FastForward-Innovations-Limited-Final-Results/71561507

That is simply tied to financial results for Fast Forward Innovations.  They announced their investment in Factom back in October: http://fstfwd.co/uploads/documents/article/14-10-15-kuala-announcement-investment-in-factom.pdf
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
price seems to be holding up decently in the face of a poloniex massacre and bitcoin pump. id call it a win
Jump to: