Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 430. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
If you need help moving FCT I am willing to help out for a small fee (75 FCT), PM me the address you want the coins send to (should start with FA) and your 12 word phrase. Will turn the coins around less the fee ASAP- please enter "FCT" as the subject if possible.

You should mention how much trust is being placed in you by anyone taking you up on that.

You're trusting me not to steal all of your FCT.

Already xferred FCT for a few ppl who've messaged me. I've got some rep on BCT / not new and it would be easy to look me up as I make no attempts to conceal my identity. Using my services is entirely optional- I just know a lot of people missed out on the ETH wave because of the no GUI situation, if you're in that boat then I can help! You can also find me in the Syscoin slack if you want to contact me "real time".

Thanks for your offer but I don't think there's anything you can do in this case.

yeah sorry i was reading back on your situation... you're wrapping the mnemonic in quotes? Seems very odd that you get no error with the sample mnemonic but u do with a real one. Are you sure you're using the correct case? Its case sensitive..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If you need help moving FCT I am willing to help out for a small fee (75 FCT), PM me the address you want the coins send to (should start with FA) and your 12 word phrase. Will turn the coins around less the fee ASAP- please enter "FCT" as the subject if possible.

You should mention how much trust is being placed in you by anyone taking you up on that.

Already xferred FCT for a few ppl who've messaged me. I've got some rep on BCT / not new and it would be easy to look me up as I make no attempts to conceal my identity. Using my services is entirely optional- I just know a lot of people missed out on the ETH wave because of the no GUI situation, if you're in that boat then I can help! You can also find me in the Syscoin slack if you want to contact me "real time".

Thanks for your offer but I don't think there's anything you can do in this case.
I did a fresh install on Windows and get the same error on Mac which I just updated to latest binaries.

I am not getting the error "Invalid mnemonic" ... I can generate addresses with other mnemonic keys such as "yellow yellow yellow ..." or even another key that I generated during the koinify sale

Help?
legendary

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Our first FCT Factom (factoids) market is now live thanks to Poloniex.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_fct

For more info on how to use your Factoids follow our guides here: http://factom.org/howto.

Pay attention when using the command line, read our guides fully at least once before attempting a transaction.

We are working on an easier to use GUI wallet but it is some time away, if unsure, we recommend holding on until its release.

Help please.  I am getting this error when trying to import my Factom wallet using the 12-word secret key:

"Error attempting to create wallet - invalid character 'S' looking for beginning of value"

I already double checked with Koinify and verified the phrase is correct

*edit* I get this error on Mac and Windows

When I check my balance on Koinify it is correct, but when I try to import this key, I get this error.  I tested with 12 yellows and I got the same Factoid address as in the How-to, but I cannot import my key... WTF  This sucks Sad

I am assuming windows.

first,  back up your wallet. probably c:\users\\.factom\factoid_wallet_bolt.db

you are probably at c:\users\ when you start a command prompt.

back up that file then install the latest binaries. 
run factomd and fct wallet again and see if everything is there.  if not, copy your factoid_wallet_bolt.db back in.

I don't think you need to copy your wallet back in, but a backup never hurts.  I had this issue after a power outage.  it isn't a problem now, but the first version did not like a hard quit.

verify with FACTOM (the user...or company) before following this advice.  I am 99.9% sure it is correct, but verify

If you have done nothing with your current wallet, backing it up doesn't matter.

Any time you create a new address back up your wallet file.  Not needed at every transaction, just every address you create.
then copy the wallet back to that location.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1372
Once I've imported my Koinify balance to my Factom wallet, can the 12 Koinify words be used to re-import it to another wallet?
legendary

For more info on how to use your Factoids follow our guides here: http://factom.org/howto.

Pay attention when using the command line, read our guides fully at least once before attempting a transaction.

We are working on an easier to use GUI wallet but it is some time away, if unsure, we recommend holding on until its release.

I can verify this is working, just transferred some test FCT to polo. Def takes some terminal-fu to get it from A to B right now but it works. If you aren't comfortable in terminal, i suggest you wait for a GUI.

Help please.  I am getting this error when trying to import my Factom wallet using the 12-word secret key:

"Error attempting to create wallet - invalid character 'S' looking for beginning of value"

I already double checked with Koinify and verified the phrase is correct

*edit* I get this error on Mac and Windows

When I check my balance on Koinify it is correct, but when I try to import this key, I get this error.  I tested with 12 yellows and I got the same Factoid address as in the How-to, but I cannot import my key... WTF  This sucks Sad
legendary

No easy way to transfer the coins directly to Poloniex without install that command line wallet?
Activity: 827
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

Nice to see Poloniex jumping in first, they are a legit exchange.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

The order book spread on dcxtx just went wide as trading on Poloniex has gone live.  When Poloniex prices settle, factoids will be put into our usual price determination system that will be much closer to market now that one is being established.

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
FCT/BTC #Factom market added at Poloniex.   Wink

Looking at harvsmith's post history this is obviously a troll account.

FACTOMs troll following is pretty impressive. It's partly what keeps me interested in it.  Grin

The bitcointalk troll squad only trolls projects that threaten them to some extent. There are a ton of real scammy projects but people don't even bother to troll. Factom is a legitimate project with legitimate goals and a team based in the US.  

AND dcxtx runs a legitimate service also based in the US.

I'm actually a fan and investor in Factom. My issue is with dcxtx's "service." I think it's disingenuous to charge 10x the ico price for FCT when it is not even listed. But this is crypto, right? Everyone is trying to pull a fast one, so it's OK. Also, being based in the US does not make something legitimate.

Hey Harvsmith,
  I am not sure how our price is disingenuous.  That is the price that we are willing to accept .  Was it also disingenuous for us to buy at higher than the ico price?  What is your definition of listed?  One exchange?  Three so it is not a monopoly?  We have a "service" where, after setting up an account, you send us bitcoin and ,at the price we have posted, we automatically send you back factoid.  I am sorry if that has offended your sensibilities.

dcxtx,

Don't mind these guys, they obviously don't understand how a free market works
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
hi to all!

i just installed factom 3.2 wallet..
but i don't understand how to redeem coins purchased in ipo.
here are my td-id with which i buyed Fatcoms: f71263c1f77fa7091bd8a52a4c767c9a1640d881ec18c8d39876707e6214f150
how i can import in my wallet...
there is a simple windows how to?
thank you!

http://factom.org/howto

FACTOMs troll following is pretty impressive. It's partly what keeps me interested in it.  Grin

The bitcointalk troll squad only trolls projects that threaten them to some extent. There are a ton of real scammy projects but people don't even bother to troll. Factom is a legitimate project with legitimate goals and a team based in the US.  

I'm actually a fan and investor in Factom. My issue is with dcxtx's "service." I think it's disingenuous to charge 10x the ico price for FCT when it is not even listed. But this is crypto, right? Everyone is trying to pull a fast one, so it's OK. Also, being based in the US does not make something legitimate.

Hey Harvsmith,
  I am not sure how our price is disingenuous.  That is the price that we are willing to accept .  Was it also disingenuous for us to buy at higher than the ico price?  What is your definition of listed?  One exchange?  Three so it is not a monopoly?  We have a "service" where, after setting up an account, you send us bitcoin and ,at the price we have posted, we automatically send you back factoid.  I am sorry if that has offended your sensibilities.

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
The bitcointalk troll squad only trolls projects that threaten them to some extent.

A hole in one! Drinks are on you I believe.
Jump to: