Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 431. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511
hi to all!

i just installed factom 3.2 wallet..
but i don't understand how to redeem coins purchased in ipo.
here are my td-id with which i buyed Fatcoms: f71263c1f77fa7091bd8a52a4c767c9a1640d881ec18c8d39876707e6214f150
how i can import in my wallet...
there is a simple windows how to?
thank you!
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Looking at harvsmith's post history this is obviously a troll account.

FACTOMs troll following is pretty impressive. It's partly what keeps me interested in it.  Grin

The bitcointalk troll squad only trolls projects that threaten them to some extent. There are a ton of real scammy projects but people don't even bother to troll. Factom is a legitimate project with legitimate goals and a team based in the US.  

AND dcxtx runs a legitimate service also based in the US.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
There's something very strange going on with the exchanges here.  There is no reason for integrating Factoids to take so much longer than integrating other fresh code base "coins".

Nothing strange.  The last release exposes more granular transaction data through the API calls.  As someone that has integrated factoid already, this update is very appreciated.  It also makes integration easier.  That may be the holdup.  We do not have to handle 1000 users at any given time so we can make allowances.  Exchanges may may be waiting on the data that is now easily available.

If you are looking to acquire some factoid before they make it to the exchanges, PM me.  We have a service that does that.

10x spread on your "exchange"?

We are not an exchange.  To me an exchange is a public order book or a dollar to bitcoin service.  We have a two party trade between our user and us.  That is not a public price spread.  That is our price spread.  The reason there is such a spread is that we have a bunch at the moment so we are not as motivated to buy as we were last week when our buy price was as high as 0.003.  We do not expect someone to sell at 0.0005.  That is less than the crowdsale price.  When we sell some Factoid, our buy and sell price will go up.  But, if someone does want to unload at 0.0005 we are certainly willing to buy them.

Exchange used to be in our name.  We changed it to Services to avoid that confusion.  Plus, we are aiming to be someone that helps people bring their projects to the market.  Building our site we have spent a lot of time talking to regulators (mostly state level in US) , integrating with exchanges for price discovery, wallet automation and (formal or informal) input on projects going on in the area.  Services fits our mission better now.

Sounds like a long-winded way of saying that your "mission" is to rip people off by charging 10x the ipo price for something that might not even make it onto a real exchange.

You are free to read my response as you would like.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500

FACTOMs troll following is pretty impressive. It's partly what keeps me interested in it.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Exchanges that get requests from the community (some of them have even their request coin section) are more inclined to add a new coin, so please do submit requests to add Factoids to your favourite exchanges.
In the meantime the team will also reach out to some of the exchanges to request support for Factoids.
We hear you and act upon feedback. We can't guarantee we'll be on an exchange soon but we will try our best.

Why is everyone so eager for exchanges? Preparing to dump? If you believe in factom, patience is no problem. The more good news that stacks up before release into the wild, the better. After a few large companies implement or even experiment with factom recordkeeping, the value will be incrementally higher. KPMG and Deloitte will be buying rather than noobie cryptogamblers. Who would you rather sell your factoids to?

It is only natural for a project that reached the ability to be traded to hit the exchange.. and the fact that you are seeing a few people wanting it to be traded should not bother you or others since these are only a few "small" fish..
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
There's something very strange going on with the exchanges here.  There is no reason for integrating Factoids to take so much longer than integrating other fresh code base "coins".

Nothing strange.  The last release exposes more granular transaction data through the API calls.  As someone that has integrated factoid already, this update is very appreciated.  It also makes integration easier.  That may be the holdup.  We do not have to handle 1000 users at any given time so we can make allowances.  Exchanges may may be waiting on the data that is now easily available.

If you are looking to acquire some factoid before they make it to the exchanges, PM me.  We have a service that does that.

We are not an exchange.  To me an exchange is a public order book or a dollar to bitcoin service.  We have a two party trade between our user and us.  That is not a public price spread.  That is our price spread.  The reason there is such a spread is that we have a bunch at the moment so we are not as motivated to buy as we were last week when our buy price was as high as 0.003.  We do not expect someone to sell at 0.0005.  That is less than the crowdsale price.  When we sell some Factoid, our buy and sell price will go up.  But, if someone does want to unload at 0.0005 we are certainly willing to buy them.

Exchange used to be in our name.  We changed it to Services to avoid that confusion.  Plus, we are aiming to be someone that helps people bring their projects to the market.  Building our site we have spent a lot of time talking to regulators (mostly state level in US) , integrating with exchanges for price discovery, wallet automation and (formal or informal) input on projects going on in the area.  Services fits our mission better now.

Sounds like a long-winded way of saying that your "mission" is to rip people off by charging 10x the ipo price for something that might not even make it onto a real exchange.

Activity: 462
Exchanges that get requests from the community (some of them have even their request coin section) are more inclined to add a new coin, so please do submit requests to add Factoids to your favourite exchanges.
In the meantime the team will also reach out to some of the exchanges to request support for Factoids.
We hear you and act upon feedback. We can't guarantee we'll be on an exchange soon but we will try our best.

Why is everyone so eager for exchanges? Preparing to dump? If you believe in factom, patience is no problem. The more good news that stacks up before release into the wild, the better. After a few large companies implement or even experiment with factom recordkeeping, the value will be incrementally higher. KPMG and Deloitte will be buying rather than noobie cryptogamblers. Who would you rather sell your factoids to?

Or, it could end up exactly like ETH...

Personally, I'd rather be able to trade my coins based on news, whether bad or good, than have them sitting with no use.

legendary
I've just read the FAQ section on the website and I must say you've done it right. cheers  Wink

Activity: 251
Side note:
I took the command line for a ride in windows. pretty easy, i let it sync restarted and was able to import my 12 word passphrase from the crowdsale then list my balance correctly.
I also read Michael Perklin's review which has some examples on how things work well written and a breakdown for Milestone 1's 4 requirments that were fufilled therefore releasing 33% of the crowdsale funds to the factom dev team. http://factom.org/downloads/factomreview.pdf

As Michael was confused with makign sure to add fee when transacting his 1.0fct transaction shows 0.920008 where the fee would have been .079992fct is there a fee calculator available or is the fee a static 7.9992% Also I am assuming you dont need a bitcoin client running to use factom at this time.

*edit also the dev guide shows command line as
cd .factom\bin
i had to put in:
cd factom\.factom\bin
to run factom-cli

The fee is given when using the command:

Code:
factom-cli getfee

also when building a transaction if using:

Code:
factom-cli transactions

you will be able to see the fee due on the top side of the output.

Fees are not static

There are new guides at http://factom.org/howto, use these instead
Activity: 251

legendary
A little bird told me that the first exchange will not be Cryptsy or Poloniex, instead it will be hosted on a brand new advanced digital currency trading platform Smiley

Gemini? lol

Gemini Exchange Moves Toward Launch With Twin NYDFS Approvals
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Side note:
I took the command line for a ride in windows. pretty easy, i let it sync restarted and was able to import my 12 word passphrase from the crowdsale then list my balance correctly.
I also read Michael Perklin's review which has some examples on how things work well written and a breakdown for Milestone 1's 4 requirments that were fufilled therefore releasing 33% of the crowdsale funds to the factom dev team. http://factom.org/downloads/factomreview.pdf

As Michael was confused with makign sure to add fee when transacting his 1.0fct transaction shows 0.920008 where the fee would have been .079992fct is there a fee calculator available or is the fee a static 7.9992% Also I am assuming you dont need a bitcoin client running to use factom at this time.

*edit also the dev guide shows command line as
cd .factom\bin
i had to put in:
cd factom\.factom\bin
to run factom-cli
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Poloniex is great for first mover advantage on listing technical coins, they were first to host Eth, XMR, XEM to name a few of the oddball codes theyve worked in. if people reach out they should be interested enough to incorporate Factom onto their trading platform.

I'm pretty sure shapeshift is a frond end for exchanges. So, if there aren't any exchanges supported the coin, they won't be able to implement it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Poloniex is great for first mover advantage on listing technical coins, they were first to host Eth, XMR, XEM to name a few of the oddball codes theyve worked in. if people reach out they should be interested enough to incorporate Factom onto their trading platform.
Jump to: