Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation - page 8. (Read 110936 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 250
Hi All,

Just a very quick update on where things are at with Fedora.  

First up - FED Gold Launch Notes
the Fedora Gold chain has been live for just over two months now (following Sep 17 launch).  Kind of a lot has happened in the intervening time.  We have launched a (voluntary) swap, based on the sentiment expressed by the bulk of people in various social channels and in private discussion.

Like many projects, we have been privileged to attract the attention of a number of attacks since launch.  Focus on technical defence has been our #1 priority, which occasionally means less time for forum discussion.  An interesting stat was that our last attack tried about 20 times the hash power of our network and still failed miserably  Cheesy  Our CryptoNight 7 Variant algo winning the day on each occasion

We have continued refining the algo throughout this time, so in spite of the background noise the FED Gold network performance is pretty nice (typically 3 seconds or less).  

Secondly - Source Code & Builds
if you wish to dig into the code and/or grab yourself a linux wallet or a miner - please get it direct from the official project repo: https://github.com/jojapoppa/fedoragold.  NEVER use a pre-compiled wallet from any other source - bogus code is a common attack vector exploited by various unsavoury types.

Mining is recommended through Youpool - drop into the Telegram (link below) to get in touch with them.  Our soon to be released GUI wallets will also have in-wallet mining - a core part of our vision.  Provision of a means for the ordinary user to essentially earn from the wallets is part of our goal.

Third - Exchanges
Altilly.com is the first exchange we are listed on. You can trade FED gold there and also swap Tips -> FED if you feel inclined.  They may have experienced some limited tech issues but they are good people and keen to resolve. We are happy to liaise with them on your behalf if that helps.

We are in active negotiation with several more exchanges. It's well known that Coinexchange are working on integrating FED - they don't have an exact date but we hope within weeks.  

Finally - Ongoing
we will shortly be launching a new thread that is dedicated to Fedora Gold.  We will advise here when it is live, so that FED Gold discussion can be managed separately to Tips talk.

We'll also do our best to update more frequently here - but please keep sharing and also take us to town if we piss you off. You'll probably notice that we don't really offend that easily - and if we offend you inadvertently sincere apologies! Cheesy

Our most active social links are:

https://twitter.com/FedoraGold
https://t.me/FedoraTipsCoinOfficial

Cheers!
Robots.

TY for writing this down

Love these types of updates, love hearing about all the newest happenings

Let's get some positivity going in this thread, guys
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
Interested in swapping Tips -> FED coin?

Here's a very simple guide on how to swap your Tips at altilly.com:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R2SjEYrpKpHoh43ulJfiiAidYEcFFJb7p2t4V-liv8c/edit?usp=sharing

You can not build new coin in tip's community
Activity: 169
Interested in swapping Tips -> FED coin?

Here's a very simple guide on how to swap your Tips at altilly.com:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R2SjEYrpKpHoh43ulJfiiAidYEcFFJb7p2t4V-liv8c/edit?usp=sharing
Hi Folks,

We are continuing to insert more data into the Fed Gold explorer. You'll see if you check it out that it still needs proper styling. But please all take a glance and let us know what other info you would like to see there :

http://34.211.248.114

Cheers
Robots
Hi MYC,

Yes I'm well aware of that - I wrote the ANN that you quoted above Smiley. Also, the project team for Fed Gold is the project team for Tips. We relaunched tips before creating Fed coin.

The thing is at this stage the communities for both coins overlap. Particularly given that people are actively swapping between tips and Fed (tips is at end of chain after all).

But yes, Fedora Gold definitely needs it's own ANN and we will be creating one soon. But there are certain things required before that's right to happen (see recent posts above)

Cheers!
Robots 😀

psycodad and others rebuild tips,I do not think Fed Gold is the project team for Tips.Thanks

Err, umm, not really sure where to go with this Cheesy

Totally agree - Psycodad is a great guy and long time Tips guru. He's also very friendly and helpful and knows a crapload about crypto. He's not part of the current team however (although we respectfully invited him).

Our project team however is the team that rebuilt the wallets (which had been untouched for about two years). Restarted social forums and reached out to grow a new community. Worked with exchanges to get the tips wallets updated. And with coinmarketcap to ensure  CMC was truly reflecting the actual current Tips state. Check any of the links in the ANN. The GitHub is jojapoppa's (our dev lead). I built the website (www.tipsco.in) and grew the Twitter to around 600 real followers.

It's just happened that tips has reached end of chain. We built a new coin that we believe is better, and furthermore has a long future ahead of it. Nobody can predict what will happen to Tips now it's chain is maxed out.

Cheers!
You want kill tips,You can not build new coin in tip's community,Dogecoin,no dev,High value,Please do not hurt tips,Thanks

Hi Vauhoa,

We are attempting to contact Altilly on your behalf as well to assist you with your issues.  

I noticed you have your personal email in that image you posted - you might want to remove that. Or not, but thought I'd mention it in case you overlooked it.

Cheers,
Robots.

Hi again Vauhoa,

I believe that your tips withdrawal is now processed and in your wallet. This looks like your mail provider was not working with Altilly mail provider.

Cheers
Robots
Please I really ask the tips community to be aware that Mike O'sullivan - owner of altilly.com is a total crook liar and scammer. Send your tips anywhere else but there- It's been a week now that I try everyday to withdraw my tips, and I Never get the withdrawal confirmation emails-

IMAGE REMOVED

Why then do I get all his emails exept the confirmation of my withdrawal?
You have been warned. Any help would be most welcomed
Thank you

Hi Vauhoa,

We are attempting to contact Altilly on your behalf as well to assist you with your issues.  

I noticed you have your personal email in that image you posted - you might want to remove that. Or not, but thought I'd mention it in case you overlooked it.

Cheers,
Robots.
copper member
Activity: 80
Please I really ask the tips community to be aware that Mike O'sullivan - owner of altilly.com is a total crook liar and scammer. Send your tips anywhere else but there- It's been a week now that I try everyday to withdraw my tips, and I Never get the withdrawal confirmation emails-

Why then do I get all his emails exept the confirmation of my withdrawal?
You have been warned. Any help would be most welcomed
Thank you
Hi MYC,

Yes I'm well aware of that - I wrote the ANN that you quoted above Smiley. Also, the project team for Fed Gold is the project team for Tips. We relaunched tips before creating Fed coin.

The thing is at this stage the communities for both coins overlap. Particularly given that people are actively swapping between tips and Fed (tips is at end of chain after all).

But yes, Fedora Gold definitely needs it's own ANN and we will be creating one soon. But there are certain things required before that's right to happen (see recent posts above)

Cheers!
Robots 😀

psycodad and others rebuild tips,I do not think Fed Gold is the project team for Tips.Thanks

Err, umm, not really sure where to go with this Cheesy

Totally agree - Psycodad is a great guy and long time Tips guru. He's also very friendly and helpful and knows a crapload about crypto. He's not part of the current team however (although we respectfully invited him).

Our project team however is the team that rebuilt the wallets (which had been untouched for about two years). Restarted social forums and reached out to grow a new community. Worked with exchanges to get the tips wallets updated. And with coinmarketcap to ensure  CMC was truly reflecting the actual current Tips state. Check any of the links in the ANN. The GitHub is jojapoppa's (our dev lead). I built the website (www.tipsco.in) and grew the Twitter to around 600 real followers.

It's just happened that tips has reached end of chain. We built a new coin that we believe is better, and furthermore has a long future ahead of it. Nobody can predict what will happen to Tips now it's chain is maxed out.

Cheers!
Hi MYC,

Cheers!
Robots 😀

Hi MYC,

Cheers!
Robots 😀
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Hi All,

the Fedora Gold chain has been live for just over two months now (following Sep 17 launch).  Kind of a lot has happened in the intervening time.  We have launched a (voluntary) swap, based on the sentiment expressed by the bulk of people in various social channels and in private discussion.

We'll also do our best to update more frequently here - but please keep sharing and also take us to town if we piss you off. You'll probably notice that we don't really offend that easily - and if we offend you inadvertently sincere apologies! Cheesy

Cheers!
Robots.

Excellent! Thanks for the comprehensive update!

Hi RJ!

Many thanks for that Smiley  Not sure if I've posted the FED coin explorer recently, but this ugly IP address will let folks click through to an (even uglier) explorer:

FED Coin Explorer: http://34.211.248.114

When we get a spare couple of minutes we'll style it up  Cheesy

Cheers,
Robots.

Rome wasn't built in a day, don't worry, as long as it works that all that matters right now.
Hi All,

Cheers!
Robots.

Hi RJ!

Many thanks for that Smiley  Not sure if I've posted the FED coin explorer recently, but this ugly IP address will let folks click through to an (even uglier) explorer:

FED Coin Explorer: http://34.211.248.114

When we get a spare couple of minutes we'll style it up  Cheesy

Cheers,
Robots.
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Hi All,

Like many projects, we have been privileged to attract the attention of a number of attacks since launch.  Focus on technical defence has been our #1 priority, which occasionally means less time for forum discussion.  An interesting stat was that our last attack tried about 20 times the hash power of our network and still failed miserably  Cheesy  Our CryptoNight 7 Variant algo winning the day on each occasion

We have continued refining the algo throughout this time, so in spite of the background noise the FED Gold network performance is pretty nice (typically 3 seconds or less).  

if you wish to dig into the code and/or grab yourself a linux wallet or a miner - please get it direct from the official project repo: https://github.com/jojapoppa/fedoragold.  NEVER use a pre-compiled wallet from any other source - bogus code is a common attack vector exploited by various unsavoury types.

Mining is recommended through Youpool - drop into the Telegram (link below) to get in touch with them.  Our soon to be released GUI wallets will also have in-wallet mining - a core part of our vision.  Provision of a means for the ordinary user to essentially earn from the wallets is part of our goal.

Third - Exchanges
Altilly.com is the first exchange we are listed on. You can trade FED gold there and also swap Tips -> FED if you feel inclined.  They may have experienced some limited tech issues but they are good people and keen to resolve. We are happy to liaise with them on your behalf if that helps.

We are in active negotiation with several more exchanges. It's well known that Coinexchange are working on integrating FED - they don't have an exact date but we hope within weeks.  

Finally - Ongoing
we will shortly be launching a new thread that is dedicated to Fedora Gold.  We will advise here when it is live, so that FED Gold discussion can be managed separately to Tips talk.

Cheers!
Robots.

Merit: 255

Sigh... I should know better than to bother. But, any luck getting FED on Coinmarketcap?

Hi RJ,

We need to get some daily & monthly volume before CMC will list us - I don't recall the required hurdle but I believe it's a decent amount. So further listings & trading are needed.

We hope to have some progress in that space before the end of this year.

Cheers,
Robots.

Also need to be traded on 2 exchanges - both need to be on CMC and both must have some volume trading on the to be listed coin.
Hi All,

Third - Exchanges

Finally - Ongoing

Cheers!
Robots.

Sigh... I should know better than to bother. But, any luck getting FED on Coinmarketcap?

Hi RJ,

We need to get some daily & monthly volume before CMC will list us - I don't recall the required hurdle but I believe it's a decent amount. So further listings & trading are needed.

We hope to have some progress in that space before the end of this year.

Cheers,
Robots.
What happens to the swapped TIPS coins? escrow, burned, sold...?  And how is it proven?

Since there will be no air drop, I guess we should move bags back from the exchanges for the previously planned air drop.

So robotsoutofcontrol, by all means mate, ignore my question.  Not sure what I ever did to you.  So far, I've only been neutral on the whole appearance of FED.  Maybe my questions are uncomfortable for you and your "team".    Regardless, you should realize most, if not all in this thread, will want an answer to the questions I pose and more, before willingly sending our TIPS to you.  I know the TIPS in my control will not be going anywhere until and unless I get some proper answers.

Cryptoid

Hi Cryptoid,

Thanks for the question - and definitely not ignoring you. It's a really valid one. Apologies for the delay - I have had some personal concerns to resolve outside of this project for the last few weeks. That has meant fairly limited time online.  

As for the swapped Tips we are getting rid of them.  Altilly moves them into a swap account that we have there, this can be verified if folks desire.  We are not keeping the swapped Tips or transferring them to a 3rd party.  The exact mechanism I am checking with the team to share here. In summary however - my main concern is PROOF of the disposal. There's a number of utilities that let you generate burn addresses, I want all of us to be comfortable that the burn is irrevocable and somebody won't get up to trouble.

PS: You've never done me wrong! Smiley Always thought you were a capable and friendly kind of chap  Cheesy

copper member
Activity: 80
Q"You might not be stupid but you sure are an ass. Good luck.. Worked fine for everyone else, guess you and your nephew are "special" And when you get a minute, learn how to speak proper English. Clear?"

Nehenehe oe e parau na roto i te reo maori? Je suis sur que tu ne parles même pas le français- Eres tan torpe que ni sabes hablar castellano- Sei tanto stupido che non capirai cio che ho scritto- and I still got plenty of other languages that I speak
For the moment the ass is you COWARD & LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you just seriously proved to us all that you are smart enough to operate google translate - congrats, you really showed us now all that you "know how to use the internet".

On a serious note, please stop wasting this precious forum space with insults and attacks toward members who were trying to help you with your problem. Being rude like this won't bring you your money back, I suggest you concentrate your energy toward altilly with whom you have actually problems.

May the universal conciousness Bless you all ancestors as descendants, without exeption- And thanks for u trying to help me but I'd rather avoid these kind of help that makes you  feel you're an idiot
Pages:
Jump to: