Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features - page 58. (Read 181052 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Well it was a good run TIPS. Too many coins, too stupid of a name Sad
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Ok, some new proposals: 1) get rid of the fedora name. it's crappy. total absolute crap. just call it TIPS. it works better, it's nice and easy. fedoracoin, come on. didn't work, won't work. needs a massive rebranding around the word tips 2) you need something that creates demand of tips for a real use. I thought the best would be a poker game, tips rhymes with chips. for this purpose either you create the app or try to bring Tips to an existing poker app and integrate them in it. (I have already contacted someone, and will try to contact some others).

If any developer wants to get in touch with me to discuss further ideas, contact me in pvt.

I have a couple of million Fedoracoin that the community donated to me when I did a few projects back in December and January.
There is no money to screw.

oh that's a big incentive to work for the coin and the community. now it's all clear. couple of million, lol. I wonder who's bagholding the remaining 270 Billion, with a B.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
did they just screw your money and disappeared?

I have a couple of million Fedoracoin that the community donated to me when I did a few projects back in December and January.
There is no money to screw.
I guess I can summarize the the issue in saying that a few persons working on development behind closed doors, alone, is not an effective way to do it. You have/had a great community here, the enthusiasm I witnessed here and the ideas and discussions were so constructive and smart, there were people here who could take this coin far, but now most of them are gone and no body posts any more. That's because 1. we have no idea at all what the devs are doing and it looks like very little is happening. 2. the community is not able to contribute because we are dealing with a black box here and most of the time even when we actively communicate with you we get little to no feedback.

Well yes, we can definitely use more people on board.
We never tried to be closed, but it's hard repeating everything that's done everywhere Smiley.

If anyone wants to work on Fedoracoin, or related projects, we would more than welcome that.
3 litoshi bid almost gone... 2 more before being delisted. then the only market left will be against dogecoin, wonder on which exchange. or perhaps a reserve split is needed, like they do on penny stocks: 10 to 1... 500B to 50B as coin cap. or just add it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588413.0;topicseen

oh guys, I told you to do something when it was above 15 litoshi. I told you again to do something when the Reddcoin team played its POSV card, but nobody listened, where are the devs? did they just screw your money and disappeared? how old are they? 17?
Activity: 525
Merit: 250
Hello! 

It's the Hibtc team here, we'd like to invite your community to take part in our Coin Voting process.
Only active members of community can choose which currencies should be trading on Hitbtc.
You can vote for FedoraCoin and add it to Hitbtc. Every few weeks we add the coin with the highest number of votes. We've already added Doge and are in the process of adding NXT now.
A small tip: you can sign in here: https://hitbtc.com/signin and add 10 votes instead of one from non-registered users.
The other way to add a coin to the exchange is our Market Maker program. We add any coin with two Market Maker contracts, irrespective of the number of votes it has. Take a look here: https://hitbtc.com/mm
Our exchange offers unrivalled advanced technology and our latest additions have seen their exchange rates thrive once live on our platform. We think it would be a great opportunity to give your coin excellent publicity, and secure a boost to its value and liquidity.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Activity: 623
Alright, so I guess we are somewhere in the middle, kinda laying on the desert sand thursty and dying as the numbers presented by Arbitrageur are sadly correct, but it seems there is still spirit inside to fight and reach the water pond, there is still hope Grin

icanprogram, it's good to know that you are working on reviving the old forum and working with business shops, however I think you (the devs) need to make a change in your ways of handling the development and the community. Probably you know that and maybe working on improvements, but I'll put this on the table again to have a constructive conversation here and find a solution to get this coin going in the positive direction again!

I guess I can summarize the the issue in saying that a few persons working on development behind closed doors, alone, is not an effective way to do it. You have/had a great community here, the enthusiasm I witnessed here and the ideas and discussions were so constructive and smart, there were people here who could take this coin far, but now most of them are gone and no body posts any more. That's because 1. we have no idea at all what the devs are doing and it looks like very little is happening. 2. the community is not able to contribute because we are dealing with a black box here and most of the time even when we actively communicate with you we get little to no feedback.

You have a great community here still, you should use it and let it help you. you probably can use some more programmers I'm sure you will find them here and they would like to join. let those programmers start their own projects and create more applications around the coin. let the community help with ideas and start creating markets for this coin. I'm not a programmer but I would like for example to start handing out wallets and teaching my local shops how to give tips to customers as a bonus etc, I can only post the idea here but when I get no help from somebody knowledgeable on how to do that, and everybody lost their enthusiasm because projects have been suggested before but ignored then nothing new can happen.

I guess it is tough to manage a community and it needs experience, I would probably not handle it well myself even though I'm giving the talk now Grin. But I think the community can help in that, you just need to engage them more. This thread should not be ignored since constructive activity has been the highest here, and if a new forum is created then that's great. but there needs to be constant communication between us all. Again I always post examples from the worldcoin community and many others, some even have weekly reports from the devs about the current work besides other side projects being created by the community people themselves. You don't have to do all the work alone! You need the community and vice versa. if you don't have enough people with enough time I'm sure somebody here can step up and take new positions in order to have better management of whatever needs to be managed. Let's bring some organization to our work here, figure out what are the important things that need to be taken care of (eg. place for projects overview, what's being done what's planned, a way to fund them or suggest and even start new ones by the community). such things can be programmed by anybody who has the knowledge, ,you don't have to do it all!

At the end I can only say "I tip my hat to the new revolution" and hope that this revolution will come to fruition  Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q
Activity: 257
Interesting. I held/mined Dogecoin for months and months this year. Couldn't take it anymore and sold at about 52 satoshis recently and put into TIPS. I saw the TIPS price as a POTENTIAL better return at these low level prices. Whereas I was taking into account further contraction from Doge and Jackson sounding a bit frustrated with things over there.
At any rate, this forum is about TIPS and there has been a few interesting ideas presented by multiple members recently. Their worth, are of course, contingent on actually moving them from the "words" category over to the "action" ledger. 

I'm selling RDD for TIPS, hold on bagholders the future is bright.
so any news from the devs? what are they up to?

Still no update from the dev...even though he logged on to his bitcointalk almost everyday??

Hey guys, sorry for not updating.
I try to read the thread, so that's why I logged in.
FWA is working on getting the Fedoracoin forum back up and we're still focussing on business development with webshops.
I'll try to write a more detailed post of what's going on as soon as I have more time!
Activity: 392
Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

Still no update from the dev...even though he logged on to his bitcointalk almost everyday??

Here is his answer to me asking him on /r/Fedoracoin to come by

"[–]icanprogram 0 point 1 jour de ça

Hey,

I'll try to update the thread soon, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

icp"

There should be something here soon.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

here's the thread I opened long time ago

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fedoracoin-vs-reddcoin-553332

both were around 1M market cap

today: tips 70k
redd: over 1.9M.

-93% vs +100%

Activity: 952
Merit: 251
TiPS .. it's not cheap .. it's dead!

Now that should be our new logo !!

Sad, but true ..
Only hope here is a coup d'etat ..

Triff ..
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
I'm selling RDD for TIPS, hold on bagholders the future is bright.
TiPS has the advantage that it's cheap

tips it's not cheap, it's dead! come on guys, was a nice try, but 70k market cap??
check reddcoin please. I called for an effort to win the race with RDD long time ago, Nobody listened. Actually the market did and right now it's calling TIPS a dead coin.
Hey Senator51, great post and great to see you on board! Also that your first post is for Fedora :p
I like what you have to say, and I also think that there is a HUGE opportunity here for us all, for FedoraCoin and everybody involve in it. As you say everything is still in it's kid's shoes and the markets are just being built or conceived. The tipping niche is a great place for FedoraCoin(TiPS) and there is a lot to be invented.

All I can say now is, as I think you also suggested, we need a place for posting these ideas and developing them and work in teams. I'm waiting for some response from the devs about creating a forum for this coin, but I'm disappointed in how they have been handling this up to now with almost no communication and totally ignoring this thread, reddit is also kind of dead. I don't know what they have been doing or if they are working on something. I suggest we wait a little to see if they will answer our questions or give us updates, and then if there are good news then great, if not then we can take things in our hands as a community, create a new forum and start suggesting business ideas and creating teams to develop software and businesses around this coin. I'm excited to hear about your ideas and I have ideas of my own, so I'm hoping at some point we can go somewhere with those ideas and start working on them!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
First of all, sorry for my english and grammatical errors. For the last a few months I've been watching Fedora coin and keeping my fingers crossed for its success. I am very small investor so my interest is rather due to ideas and features, Fedora coin offers then expected profit. My point of view on the cryptocurrency market as a whole is that it is at a critical point in its development (maybe excluding bitcoin which has strong "institutional" support). It is difficult not to notice that most of  altcoins compete for the same market (coin transfer, crypto payments adoption etc.). Moreover, there are more then 200 coins around and, to be honest, their current features are detached from any today practical bussines application. But that situation is a great opportunity for Fedora. IMO, Fedora had never been develop to replace dollars, euro or bitcoin but, thanks the high-volume feature, to create a new "ecosystem", a tipping environment where all of us will be free to decide what and who is worthy of support by the Fedora donation. So, I suggest to move community and dev efforts on an alternative area. The area where no banks, no merchants, no speculators have power. I called this "social tiping" and it is a way to help people, groups of people to achieve their dreams, exciting plans, solve problems etc. As we all know, people willing to help, to support if they find out about others problems, ideas etc (e.g. any TV/radio news, newspapers articules that launch charity ). Of course peaple are ready to help if there is a simple and direct way to support (e.g. SMS). Therefore, the system of that kind requires three basic components:
1. (ideas to support) - the communal notice who and what one is doing and why it needs support,
2. (supporting person) - person with free resources (not necessarily significant financial resources ;-) ) and a way to choice, what is most worth of support,
3. (envirenment/system) - a simple and secure method of tipping
Fedora coin almost has it all. Point 1 - at beggining any social portal (e.g. Facebook groups) and tiiping tools, combine with a dedicated portal containing descriptions of ideas to support (moderated to avoid spam),  etc.; point 2 - tipping tools already developed, in the future a new feature in the Fedora wallet and/or dedicated aplications for PCs and mobiles; point 3 - it is just Fedora (TIPS).
Any idea presented in the "social tipping) system has to compete for support. People willing to tip, register and offer e.g. 1000TIPS, selecting who or what he wants to support. The winner (the idea with the highest popularity) receiving support (the TIPs ). The winner has to use "social tipping" logo (to be created) to advertise the system.
Of course, any person offering support, can do it with only charitable motives. I think there will be nothing wrong if system users will also have their interest to participate in this project. So, for all registered (tipping person) some form of a reward has to be offered. I got some idea of a multiwinner geotagging loterry (also paid in Fedoras). That will require secure and a little more complicated portal but it is not the point for good dev team. In such case, for example, the supported idea receives 50% of total amount of collected TIPs, lottery winners got 40%, the rest can be use to maintain and develop the system and advertisement. But, that message is already long enough, so details maybe next time :-)
I'm curious about community opinion (and developers if some are, and if they read this forum :-))
Very good stuff. But, of course you have to convince them to give the concept a go and there in lies the challenge as with any coin. Instilling the confidence in the vendor that having their patrons use the coin is a win win proposition. Additionally, the buyers and store management/owners have trust in the technology behind TIPS (or any coin for that matter). That said, more and more vendors, suppliers, stores, and the general public are using Bitcoin...so yes, there is always that possibility. And if you personally have a solid connection with a store/company, of course...go for it!

I can do that, or at least try, and TiPS has the advantage that it's cheap while no body would want to give out free bitcoins right now. But I need the feed back, how do I do that technically?
Activity: 257
Pages:
Jump to: