Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features - page 56. (Read 181052 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth
Please update the POOL

• PCFiL Fedora - 1.5% fee >> ??
• Chicken Strips - 0.5% fee  >> NOW 1%
• Coin-Pool Fedora - 1% fee >> Last time i have checked is 2%
• Multipool.us - 1.5% fee >> Multipool OK
• CryptoPool - 1% fee >> Change to V2 => https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/v2/tips/index.php?page=login
• Pool Enterprises - 2% fee >> OFFLINE
• CoinKing - 1% fee >> Multipool OK

I'll do the changes right away.

ok, we'll be talking sometime tonight. I realize it's been a short term notification and most of you haven't seen this yet. but I guess I will talk to him anyway and hope that some of you can join us, it's better than no body talking at all and I hope we can arrange more such meetings whenever possible. I'll let you know when we're online or as soon as I know the time.

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there.

More generally, as some of you (who are lurking on Reddit) may know, as I got less and less time too manage Fedoracoin's social threads, I'll be gradually leaving my position on the Fedoracoin team until July 31st.

It has been a pleasure to deal with you all guys. I'm glad to see that you always have much new ideas to formulate and projects to create.

I wish you, and Fedoracoin, all the luck.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
6 months later, still talking about changing the name and logo... poor guys  Roll Eyes

you refused to reduce the total number of coins, now you face the reality.

be ready to trade under 1 litoshi soon.
ok, we'll be talking sometime tonight. I realize it's been a short term notification and most of you haven't seen this yet. but I guess I will talk to him anyway and hope that some of you can join us, it's better than no body talking at all and I hope we can arrange more such meetings whenever possible. I'll let you know when we're online or as soon as I know the time.
OK GUYS WE HAVE A MEETING!
icanprogram can be there tomorrow Sunday, we still need to define the time. those of you who want to join (please try, the more the merrier Roll Eyes) write your time zone and when you can be available so that we can find an optimal date. I asked the same of ican and I guess we will have to orient ourselves after him if he has a short time window since his internet connection is problematic, I'll tell you as soon as I know.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
Please update the POOL

• PCFiL Fedora - 1.5% fee >> ??
• Chicken Strips - 0.5% fee  >> NOW 1%
• Coin-Pool Fedora - 1% fee >> Last time i have checked is 2%
• Multipool.us - 1.5% fee >> Multipool OK
• CryptoPool - 1% fee >> Change to V2 => https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/v2/tips/index.php?page=login
• Pool Enterprises - 2% fee >> OFFLINE
• CoinKing - 1% fee >> Multipool OK
Current list of ideas that need discussion so far (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sqgSHOhRRNgteoZE9w9dDwtKmTPdzzhCjGtElZClKSE/edit?usp=sharing):

- Changing the name to TIPS, get rid of the fedora, have a new logo and one coin representative: http://coinbrief.net/coin-brief-coin-representatives/
(Arbitrageur)
- Using TIPS in a Poker app with social features for network effect
(Arbitrageur)
- large stake holders of TIPS please get more involved! (mouseman)
  Maybe we should contact them and establish maybe some kind of consensus on a percentage the owners of TIPS could donate to a development fund.
- Seeing as there were rumours (I don't know how true) that XC was initially based on a fork from Fedoracoin, is there stuff from XC that TIPS could employ or learn from to create a better implementation of anonymity/privacy than currently exists in TIPS? (treasureSeeker)
- for devs to look at cloakcoin concept of mixing service, might be something that can be implemented in our current mixing service: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cloak-cloakcoin-no-premine-x13-decentralized-market-and-posa-637704
- TIPS forum format: do you like the general BCT format, or look at these new kinds they could be better: http://cloaktalk.org/. we need feedback from icanprogram about the current status of the old forum and decide whether we need to create a new one.
First of all, we shall learn what is the dev plan according to the TIPS. Maybe he plans to continue the work with community, maybe he plans to abandom "ship" and he is ready to deliver us all the keys to coin resources or ... he just has no time and interst  to be involved in the TIPS project anymore and he has no plans to pass control over the coin development to anyone, including community. These are fundamental questions and dev answers will allow all of us to say what community can do next.

got reply again from icanprogram, he is currently away and has bad internet connection, will know soon I hope if he can manage to have a text based chat with us or when he's coming back. From what I understood he is still on board and would like to get all the help he needs, but as I said he had little incentive till now since he has a small stake in it. hopefully we will get all the questions answered soon and we can move on to the next step Smiley
Is there any chance the maximum number of coins will be reduced?

that was discussed some time ago. wasn't done. too late now.

anyone knows who is this guy: theking7426

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfedoracoin-the-community-is-taking-over-main-415633

did he vanish?

man what unbelievable amount of BS in that thread...

so at this stage my question is: who's bagholding 270B tips? are there 300+ bagholders? is it so distributed that really no one has no incentive to do anything? who else has any interest in saving this coin?

let's count us: anyone holding more than 3B raises his hand! I know it's like asking "all the stupid in the room raise their hand", but everybody makes mistakes. everybody who bought this thing made a huge mistake. but what's done is done, we have to see if there's any chance to resuscitate it. also everybody with more than 10B raises both hands.

----------
ps mac wallet doesn't work in the fedoraco.in page. link broken.

I have less than one billion but would very much like to increase it to become a TIPS billionaire Grin, I would sure do that now if I see we still have a future here!
But It's a great idea to understand the coin distribution and contact the big stake holders to help out. Can somebody knowledgable somehow look at the blockchain and see how many key hold several billion TIPS?

ps. I do have the mac wallet installed and it was working last I checked (2-3 weeks ago), not sure where I downloaded it from though. I can check for more info if you want.
I just created this, what do you think? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByUR6Uf-4r_2aF9Tb0xmQ2VaekE&usp=sharing

It's all public and anybody can create and edit. Add the folder to your gdrive account!
I'll start putting stuff there and post them here. And let's discuss the idea, I'm hoping this can help us start organising and working together.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
On which date was TIPS launched (Genesis block)?
Activity: 257
We can discuss that topic a bit more over the next week+.

I thought XC just only days ago launched their anon spec.....or is it still a few days off?
Correct me if I am also wrong...XC has some pretty strong coders, yes?

I'll raise half a finger!  

Seeing as there were rumours (I don't know how true) that XC was initially based on a fork from Fedoracoin, is there stuff from XC that TIPS could employ or learn from to create a better implementation of anonymity/privacy than currently exists in TIPS?
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
I'll raise half a finger!  

Seeing as there were rumours (I don't know how true) that XC was initially based on a fork from Fedoracoin, is there stuff from XC that TIPS could employ or learn from to create a better implementation of anonymity/privacy than currently exists in TIPS?
OK, there are definitely some large holders here. I am NOT one of them.
I'll be throwing together some loose thoughts of my own....probably tomorrow.
By the way, if you are a person holding in the billions of TIPS...yikes...please get more involved. Wink

Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Third hand is mine, i'm proud to be FedoraCoin bagholder.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
By the way, second hand is my but only in half (0.5B)
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
First of all, we shall learn what is the dev plan according to the TIPS. Maybe he plans to continue the work with community, maybe he plans to abandom "ship" and he is ready to deliver us all the keys to coin resources or ... he just has no time and interst  to be involved in the TIPS project anymore and he has no plans to pass control over the coin development to anyone, including community. These are fundamental questions and dev answers will allow all of us to say what community can do next.
Activity: 556
ok, first hand is mine!
Activity: 556

that was discussed some time ago. wasn't done. too late now.

anyone knows who is this guy: theking7426

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfedoracoin-the-community-is-taking-over-main-415633

did he vanish?

man what unbelievable amount of BS in that thread...

so at this stage my question is: who's bagholding 270B tips? are there 300+ bagholders? is it so distributed that really no one has no incentive to do anything? who else has any interest in saving this coin?

let's count us: anyone holding more than 3B raises his hand! I know it's like asking "all the stupid in the room raise their hand", but everybody makes mistakes. everybody who bought this thing made a huge mistake. but what's done is done, we have to see if there's any chance to resuscitate it. also everybody with more than 10B raises both hands.

----------
ps mac wallet doesn't work in the fedoraco.in page. link broken.

Pages:
Jump to: