Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 14. (Read 104134 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
January 15, 2014, 02:57:39 AM
Well, I can only afford less than 99, so it's moot for me. But wait, share sales are separate from hardware sales? Cuz while I like shares, I also like to have the hardware or at least it's mining my choice of coin for me. Does that mean I have to set aside a budget for shares and for the miner hardware?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
January 15, 2014, 02:54:59 AM
Buying forum accounts older than 2012! PM me.

Just kidding. But you know, how are you going to stop that from happening ... ... ... But then, if someone were to do that, it also means they can afford to buy those shares anyway, so why limit them.

It will throttle the speed at which they are sold. Giving others a chance. Smiley
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
January 15, 2014, 02:27:35 AM
Buying forum accounts older than 2012! PM me.

Just kidding. But you know, how are you going to stop that from happening ... ... ... But then, if someone were to do that, it also means they can afford to buy those shares anyway, so why limit them.
January 15, 2014, 12:48:26 AM
Looks like we got someone for the eagle conversions so we can assume that bounty will be taken soon so thanks for the PMs in regard to the AURA Open source PCB.

The shares purchases will open up very very soon, we will launch the site in stages. Starting with shares, we will limit purchases per account by 99 shares per user. These shares will be for a piece of Fibonacci Hardware sales. There will be a total of 10k shares, which will represent 5% of the hardware sales. Then we will launch other portions of the site, on launch we will have a closing date for the initial sale. After which, we will begin cleanup of any bugs we found (such as a tester found tonight a simple one) then move into launch of the exchange and preorder sales. We do have some users testing the site, if all goes well it will be up asap.

Wait, eagle as in EagleCAD? Fun program Smiley.

Can't wait to pick up some shares Smiley. (Maybe some way to prevent people from making new accounts to buy more?)

Yes, we do have things in place to limit it, although I wont divulge them here. And no one will be registering early so they likely wont have a chance Cheesy
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
January 15, 2014, 12:45:07 AM
Looks like we got someone for the eagle conversions so we can assume that bounty will be taken soon so thanks for the PMs in regard to the AURA Open source PCB.

The shares purchases will open up very very soon, we will launch the site in stages. Starting with shares, we will limit purchases per account by 99 shares per user. These shares will be for a piece of Fibonacci Hardware sales. There will be a total of 10k shares, which will represent 5% of the hardware sales. Then we will launch other portions of the site, on launch we will have a closing date for the initial sale. After which, we will begin cleanup of any bugs we found (such as a tester found tonight a simple one) then move into launch of the exchange and preorder sales. We do have some users testing the site, if all goes well it will be up asap.

Wait, eagle as in EagleCAD? Fun program Smiley.

Can't wait to pick up some shares Smiley. (Maybe some way to prevent people from making new accounts to buy more?)
January 15, 2014, 12:18:01 AM

Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
January 13, 2014, 03:33:37 PM
Also usually less heat and ability to increase density of multi chip designs.

Intel had the problem that the Ivy Bridge CPUs ran hot faster than Sandy Bridge since their surface to dissipate heat was reduced, making the Sandy Bridge the better overclockers choice - it has it's disadvantages too to go too small Smiley

I think Ivy runs hotter because Intel didn't soldered the chip and thermal plate. Since the Ivy chip itself doesn't run as hot as sandy, Intel could save money in production by putting simple conductive paste between these components.

That too but the actual dice is smaller so it can transport less heat as sandy used to, at least that's what a OC test said i've once read Cheesy

But let's stay on topic ^^
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
January 13, 2014, 02:37:01 PM

Intel had the problem that the Ivy Bridge CPUs ran hot faster than Sandy Bridge since their surface to dissipate heat was reduced, making the Sandy Bridge the better overclockers choice - it has it's disadvantages too to go too small Smiley

I think Ivy runs hotter because Intel didn't soldered the chip and thermal plate. Since the Ivy chip itself doesn't run as hot as sandy, Intel could save money in production by putting simple conductive paste between these components.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
January 13, 2014, 09:33:28 AM
Ok, I'm buying the miner named after me running on 65nm chips. Then I get dibs on "The Dabs Miner Gen 2" running on 28nm, next year. Then ... as long ss you keep making them, I'm buying.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
January 13, 2014, 04:52:35 AM

January 12, 2014, 03:51:02 PM
And lead time is increased due to very few of these facilities that can use the ~28nm processes. Its why we chose to stick to 65nm, the time and availability of the facilities is abundant in comparison.
Activity: 147
January 12, 2014, 02:53:22 PM
Activity: 185
January 12, 2014, 02:32:06 PM
Ok, stupid question... can someone give me the basics of the nM sizes I keep seeing?
Is a smaller or larger number better and why. lol
I know smaller means less current carrying capacity in the trace, but I would imagine
you can fit more circuitry within a chip which would be good for the size of the final
product. But does it effect speed also?

thanks

lower nm:
smaller physical size
less energy used
faster (potentially)
more expensive
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 12, 2014, 02:16:41 PM
Ok, stupid question... can someone give me the basics of the nM sizes I keep seeing?
Is a smaller or larger number better and why. lol
I know smaller means less current carrying capacity in the trace, but I would imagine
you can fit more circuitry within a chip which would be good for the size of the final
product. But does it effect speed also?

thanks
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
January 12, 2014, 10:50:56 AM
Okay. Sounds good. It seems getting a GPU now is going to take time to ROI simply because of power consumption, no matter what coin I mine.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
January 11, 2014, 05:12:33 PM
Ok well take as long as you have to to get everything good!
January 11, 2014, 01:32:45 PM
As soon as they come out of the foundry we will place them on the PCB and begin testing for about 2-3 days would be my educated guess. The PCB is available inside of 3 days, and has been completed for some time now (you can go look at the Aura open source PCB to see that this is true). Design is finished, we have been working on details to get the company properly established the past week. As soon as all the red tape/paperwork is done then we begin production. We have been aiming for April/May for delivery, this is the beauty of 65nm vs other smaller/newer tech, its a simple matter of using our turn in the queue. Rather than waiting on a spot to open up at one of the 28nm facilities. If anyone would like to confirm the normal production timeline for a 65nm, my engineers tell me 2-4 months. Our aim will be between March-May, and we will be paying for expedited production.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2014, 05:58:03 AM
That seems more like a reasonable price. How long before they are available? And by available I mean when will they be actually HASHING? I know they won't be shipped for awhile because of hosting, but when will they be actually hashing? I'm trying to plan out my investments. Any idea on timeframe? Like end of January? Mid February? Early march?

I have the same questions. plus:

Are the chips being made in a IC factory or it is still in design?

When will the PCB be ready?

If they are not ready yet, I would have though it is not Q1 delivery, probably Q3 delivery,
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
January 11, 2014, 02:04:38 AM
This one doesn't really have a time limit? I may have missed out on your "non-competition" since I'm still HODLING my cryptocoins.
Activity: 346
January 10, 2014, 11:59:45 PM
That seems more like a reasonable price. How long before they are available? And by available I mean when will they be actually HASHING? I know they won't be shipped for awhile because of hosting, but when will they be actually hashing? I'm trying to plan out my investments. Any idea on timeframe? Like end of January? Mid February? Early march?
Pages:
Jump to: