Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 16. (Read 104134 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
January 07, 2014, 10:18:38 AM
You could try talking to the guys that did those cute little BitFury miners. There was a Blue one, a Red one, a Bi (double), a Nano or Ice. ... I did escrow a small group buy for the blues. The group that initially did all the research and development is now gone, but the individuals who were part of that all know how to make the miners. I just handled payments.

Yeah I am aware of all of those but this is a 16 chip pcb design.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
January 07, 2014, 05:09:16 AM
I've been watching this.    And because you don't want your 'stuff' to get copied you are asking us to pay you nearly $1.00 a Khash for you to 'host' your scrypt miners?

A major portion of securing the risk of Scrypt mining is having hardware in hand that is able to be re-sold at varying degrees of depreciation.  Even if your price was  cut by 2/3rds I would still consider increasing my GPU's a more calculated and secured risk.   I have total control over my investment and truthfully I can increase my hashing power at a lower price.   The cost of electricity is obviously a factor but  I suspect most serious miners have found solutions to get power more affordably. (coop buying, commercial rates etc)

And then we have next-gen GPU's which maybe be even more hash per dollar than our best previous ones.   All of which will depreciate slowly and have manageable risk profiles.

I'm not against scrypt asics,  I would LOVE to get my hands on some.  And it looks like you are kicking butt here.  I'm ready to double down on crypto-currencies.  But short of physically coming to see your stuff I need it in my hands immediately.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
January 07, 2014, 04:17:50 AM
You could try talking to the guys that did those cute little BitFury miners. There was a Blue one, a Red one, a Bi (double), a Nano or Ice. ... I did escrow a small group buy for the blues. The group that initially did all the research and development is now gone, but the individuals who were part of that all know how to make the miners. I just handled payments.
January 07, 2014, 01:45:37 AM
Errr, I must have missed it, where's the website to buy these? or it's not yet live? I don't see where. heheh.. probably too excited.

Dont get too excited yet, I will post the site as soon as we are ready to roll.  Cheesy

I noted on the other forum, we are requesting a few people with PCB design experience to send me their emails. We are looking for a few people to "host" the project on their github. We had a secondary project many months ago, the intent was to make a PCB that could be utilized on any ASIC that is coming out. The items to note about this red head step child of our many projects is that although its labeled bitfury or klondike it is to be named "Aura" now so we can identify it easier. It is in kicad, we never finished the Altium and Eagle conversions. This will hopefully help with the issues the klondike project had with a semi incomplete board. This can be used by the open source community to develop boards that will function properly rather than guessing as usual. As this was shelved before completion months ago I may not have the newest release in the file, but if I come across a more current one I will resend it later and you can then add it to your github.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
January 06, 2014, 02:18:52 AM
Errr, I must have missed it, where's the website to buy these? or it's not yet live? I don't see where. heheh.. probably too excited.
January 05, 2014, 02:38:39 PM
Waiting on another competitor to come along. (This is in reference to shipping them.)
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
January 05, 2014, 02:28:14 PM
Not too sound annoying. But I want one, when can I get one? Tongue

Lets hope alpha is legit. Then it will be sooner rather than later.
Sooner than what?
January 05, 2014, 01:43:02 PM

Lets hope alpha is legit. Then it will be sooner rather than later.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
January 05, 2014, 01:27:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
January 05, 2014, 10:13:17 AM
watching
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
January 05, 2014, 02:31:54 AM
Will be watching this.. Hopefully price goes down.
January 02, 2014, 01:52:30 PM
Does that include power cost and everything else ?

Everything except a small fee to cover power. Each trusted host will likely have their own rates.

PLease help me understand and clarify if I have my numbers wrong. for 5400Khs X .90 it would run me $4860.00

I currently have a set up which runs 5400 khs and cost me roughly $5000 GPUs, the power costs me $5 a day, but I can control and switch to whatever scrypt I want at any time... Am I missing something? and Alpha which I am thinking about pre-ordering is providing 25000Khs for roughly $9000.

Please clarify if I am understanding wrong, thanks . Huh

Pretty sure that about sums it up, time of delivery is key for both this project and Alpha, as it is with most mining...though as far as I can tell...we're all early.  Even the damned usb miners are delivering ROI for people that got in when they first came out, and I suspect anyone buying the hardware today will be greatly awarded for doing so ten years from now...probably much sooner...but especially in ten years.

The beauty of early adoption.
January 02, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

Everything except a small fee to cover power. Each trusted host will likely have their own rates.

PLease help me understand and clarify if I have my numbers wrong. for 5400Khs X .90 it would run me $4860.00

I currently have a set up which runs 5400 khs and cost me roughly $5000 GPUs, the power costs me $5 a day, but I can control and switch to whatever scrypt I want at any time... Am I missing something? and Alpha which I am thinking about pre-ordering is providing 25000Khs for roughly $9000.

5400khs*0.90=4860-10% = would be $4374 if paid in LTC.

You can also control and switch to other scrypt coins. If you would prefer to use Alpha, I suggest https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2859.0 doing some research first. We do not view Alpha as viable competition.
Activity: 511
Hempire Loading...
January 02, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

Pretty sure that about sums it up, time of delivery is key for both this project and Alpha, as it is with most mining...though as far as I can tell...we're all early.  Even the damned usb miners are delivering ROI for people that got in when they first came out, and I suspect anyone buying the hardware today will be greatly awarded for doing so ten years from now...probably much sooner...but especially in ten years.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 01:14:25 PM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
January 02, 2014, 12:44:40 PM
seems to be a very good idea ,but wont litecoin(and other coins ) end up like bitcoin then? only can mine with elite hardware ...making it  out of reach for the common people ?

Not necessarily. The issue with ASIC vs GPU under SHA256 is that ASICs hashing power scaled exponentially compared to GPUs. From the numbers that Jasinlee has posted, Scrypt ASICs offer a near 1:1 hash speed compared to GPUs. The real advantage of these 1st gen Scrypt ASICs will be power consumption and density. That's going to be a huge advantage for those of us who have a high cost per kWh.
January 02, 2014, 12:33:17 PM
seems to be a very good idea ,but wont litecoin(and other coins ) end up like bitcoin then? only can mine with elite hardware ...making it  out of reach for the common people ?

That will be addressed also, we have discounted hardware options in the works also.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 12:31:50 PM
January 02, 2014, 12:09:22 PM

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: