Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 18. (Read 104134 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
December 31, 2013, 02:59:16 PM
I wonder which will be more overall cost effective. If this Scrypt ASIC miners or the traditional GPU's.

We will have to wait and see. There are so many factors that impact this its insane.

Price, difficulty, power cost in your area, heating, cooling, learning curve, availability, etc
December 31, 2013, 02:56:06 PM
When will the website be up approximatively ?

The site would have been up today.....but my team seems to think they have a life sometimes and want to visit with family or go drinking on new years. I keep explaining to them that this is not the case, but sometimes my slaves happy team members do not follow those directions.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 31, 2013, 02:54:15 PM
I wonder which will be more overall cost effective. If this Scrypt ASIC miners or the traditional GPU's.
December 31, 2013, 02:53:18 PM
Cool.  Thanks for the quick reply.

When we order a configuration, we will have to pay 100% for it up front?  If so, what happens if a catastrophic event occurs that incapacitates your facility/business?  Will there be a refund?  I.e. what will be the return policy?

Cheers.

We will have a return policy in that we would just refund the coins the user paid for the unit. We are still working out the kinks on this part, but it will bleed into the exchange we are finishing up now. So for example:

1. User A purchased 1 unit and was first in the queue but wants to sell his unit (which is hosted).
2. User A places the single unit up for sale on the exchange just like any security.
3. User B places a buy order and takes over ownership of that unit.
4. User B is then issued the mined coins from that time forward.

We are missing a couple of important steps to this, but this wont be an issue initially, I think we should have any kinks worked out before the exchange goes live.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
December 31, 2013, 02:49:53 PM
When will the website be up approximatively ?
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
December 31, 2013, 02:30:46 PM
Cool.  Thanks for the quick reply.

When we order a configuration, we will have to pay 100% for it up front?  If so, what happens if a catastrophic event occurs that incapacitates your facility/business?  Will there be a refund?  I.e. what will be the return policy?

Cheers.

December 31, 2013, 01:46:55 PM
Just to clarify, when the website comes up, we can start ordering one of the mining configurations to be hosted?

Will there be limits on purchases? -- e.g. one per customer.  This to prevent one person from hoarding all the supply.

And when each mining rig becomes hosted as they are produced, what determines whose miner gets hosted first?  Will that be first-ordered, first-served?

Cheers.

Correct, once the site is up, we will start offering them in stages.

There will be a limit, we do not have a figure yet.

First come first serve, that is correct. But the time period between the 1st miner and last miner being added to the hosts and pools will be minuscule, probably 1-2 days between their times from production to hosted.
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
December 31, 2013, 12:15:46 PM
Just to clarify, when the website comes up, we can start ordering one of the mining configurations to be hosted?

Will there be limits on purchases? -- e.g. one per customer.  This to prevent one person from hoarding all the supply.

And when each mining rig becomes hosted as they are produced, what determines whose miner gets hosted first?  Will that be first-ordered, first-served?

Cheers.
December 29, 2013, 08:24:19 PM
Ok, I got the go ahead, Hauntingshade suggested I distribute the miners initially.

awesome, so I can order and get them in hand straight away, thanks.

Its in reference to hosted mining.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
December 29, 2013, 07:01:11 PM
Ok, I got the go ahead, Hauntingshade suggested I distribute the miners initially.

awesome, so I can order and get them in hand straight away, thanks.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 29, 2013, 05:42:35 PM
Will these asics be able to vanitygen addresses?
December 29, 2013, 05:34:06 PM
I was asked to make this for a visual representation by one of the trusted hosts. Enjoy.
December 29, 2013, 11:44:40 AM
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2013, 11:35:51 AM
It was a bit sad, people were selling off their rigs and such.

Either way, let's see what you folks can do!  Grin
December 29, 2013, 11:25:48 AM
Thats messed up, I would think there were more of those kinda schemes out there. I have not really seen anyone straight up pull a scam yet for scrypt miners. I guess he was the first. There are a bunch of companies popping up, and their speeds and specs seem to be very close to the datasheet we posted. I think this kinda thing will likely get worse as we go.
legendary
December 29, 2013, 11:15:20 AM
I woudn't even consider letting these things out into the wild until viable competing devices show up.

If you folks truly have what you say you have, i hope you have a serious fab contract.  Wink

We battled with ideas on how to handle this for about 4 months, the distributed hosting suggestion came from outside our team and I must say it was genius.

Let me ask you this: did it come from BinaryTriStar? Tongue

He was going to build an FPGA for us, and that was exactly his suggestion.

Either way, he completely dissapeared but that's old, dead history.  Just was curious. Wink

You know, someone mentioned that name on the litecoin forum but I had never actually seen him post on here.

And no the suggestion came from a forum admin, I will ask him permission before saying it was his idea Tongue

No big deal.  I was just curious.

BinaryTriStar was gonna dev a blade design here for us but he completely dissapeared after saying he had a prototype up and running!
December 29, 2013, 11:07:34 AM
I woudn't even consider letting these things out into the wild until viable competing devices show up.

If you folks truly have what you say you have, i hope you have a serious fab contract.  Wink

We battled with ideas on how to handle this for about 4 months, the distributed hosting suggestion came from outside our team and I must say it was genius.

He was going to build an FPGA for us, and that was exactly his suggestion.

Either way, he completely dissapeared but that's old, dead history.  Just was curious. Wink

You know, someone mentioned that name on the litecoin forum but I had never actually seen him post on here.

And no the suggestion came from a forum admin, I will ask him permission before saying it was his idea Tongue
legendary
December 29, 2013, 11:02:26 AM

He was going to build an FPGA for us, and that was exactly his suggestion to keep the 1st gen units in-house until the 2nd/3rd gen stuff came out.

Either way, he completely dissapeared but that's old, dead history.  Just was curious. Wink
December 29, 2013, 10:59:49 AM

If you folks truly have what you say you have, i hope you have a serious fab contract.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
December 29, 2013, 10:53:22 AM
I'll still buy 10 please. I'll just convert my different coins to LTC then.
Pages:
Jump to: