Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping - page 53. (Read 184335 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded Java on my computer. I read you must have Java to run Browser Wallet.
Should I be extracting the "Run" Windows batch File from the Downloaded Zip file, This loads me into FIM NRS command screen?

its pretty simple on windows.  here are the steps:

1) download the latest wallet from https://github.com/fimkrypto/fimk/releases

2) when the download is complete, extract the zip file - you will then have a folder called "fim-0.2.2"

3) open the folder and double click on the file called "run" (it may show as "run" or "run.bat")

4) a java window will open and execute.  wait a few moments until you see it say "FIM server started successfully."  leave this java process open and running.

5) open a browser and go to address: "localhost:7886"

6) log in with your passphrase and you should be good to go.  remember you will have to wait for the blockchain to download before your wallet shows accurate data
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
Thanks for the help. I have downloaded Java on my computer. I read you must have Java to run Browser Wallet.
Should I be extracting the "Run" Windows batch File from the Downloaded Zip file, This loads me into FIM NRS command screen?

Unzip the whole package, then run the run batch file.  Should see some startup text in a console window.  (not entirely sure, I don't personally use Windows).  Once java process has started successfully, can access the local wallet in a browser at http://localhost:7886

Unzipped complete file. "Run" batch file..
Opened up into command screen. Last line reads:
"FIM Server 0.2.2 started successfully"

Do I need to enter command.

Regret my troubles and appreciate all the help.
Activity: 734
There should be a readme.txt ...
New to FIMK. If wishing to Forge from Web Wallet, you are informed that your secret phrase will be sent to Web Server? Concerning? Thanks for the help
and replies.

You are safer to forge from the Downloadable Browser Wallet (password stays on your computer only)
http://fimk.fi/en/wallet.htm

Plus, the FIMK devs will occasionally restart the web wallet and any logged-in accounts will stop forging.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
New to FIMK. If wishing to Forge from Web Wallet, you are informed that your secret phrase will be sent to Web Server? Concerning? Thanks for the help
and replies.

When you say "web" wallet, you mean you aren't running the FIM server locally? That's the safest way to do it. Also, a wallet you don't control could go down or get reset and you think it's forging and it's not.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
and replies.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Since there is no active exchange at the moment, I would be willing to sell small amounts of FIM to any newbies who want to get started.

PM me for details.  Small trades only.

Is there a faucet somewhere people can donate to?
Since there is no active exchange at the moment, I would be willing to sell small amounts of FIM to any newbies who want to get started.

PM me for details.  Small trades only.

EDIT:  price would be 0.00000325, which was the last trade at DGEX
Activity: 111
i sell 300 k for 3 BTC oder für Hermann für 1200 Euronen  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1003
Merit: 1000
im very sad i missed that Genesis block stakeholder funding at 1. july!

Very sad Sad

so lets wait and see if there will be some coins forged SmileySmileySmileySmiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
is my balance of 30k FIMK to low for forging?
Forging for days now and no income

I have 20x that amount, and forge maybe 5 blocks a day... so if you're as lucky (or unlucky, no idea) as I am, you should forge a block every 4-5 days on average.
legendary
Activity: 1003
is my balance of 30k FIMK to low for forging?
Forging for days now and no income
Strange that I used to forge 5 blocks a day, and now I haven't forged anything for a week.  Huh

yes, that is strange. has your balance changed?   have you moved coins between accounts?  also, you are only now posting, even though you haven't forged for a week???

Hi, the balance (or forged balance) did not change, and I hadn't moved coins anywhere. I posted now because I didn't check it every day, and I didn't notice anything at first, only after looking the forged block timestamps.

What I did (after I had posted my question ~12 hours ago), was that I manually stopped forging, and started it again - and now I've already forged 2 blocks. Dunno what had happened, but it's all ok now.
legendary
Activity: 1554
So someone have hacked Dgex now...
But we probably get our Fims back from there since only NXT and Btc were stolen?
I'm so worried about my 350 Fims Tongue
Your Fims are still yours. All loses are covered.
Activity: 714
So someone have hacked Dgex now...
But we probably get our Fims back from there since only NXT and Btc were stolen?
I'm so worried about my 350 Fims Tongue
Strange that I used to forge 5 blocks a day, and now I haven't forged anything for a week.  Huh

yes, that is strange. has your balance changed?   have you moved coins between accounts?  also, you are only now posting, even though you haven't forged for a week???
Strange that I used to forge 5 blocks a day, and now I haven't forged anything for a week.  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: