Author

Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving - page 138. (Read 368041 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Collegestudent requested that I take a shot at building the wallet to get rid of any problems you guys might have.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FlutterCoin-Qt.zip

Do you guys want an unlock button for the wallet?

Please PM me if there's anything wrong.

Tips: FBkDDLqTgDsBxcsGYdkYGuttqZQKjzZxnj
Hey,

I'm trying this out, but

the syncing stucks at block 25084. i closed it and re open it a couple of times, but it doesn't come trough Huh

i have osx 10.8.5  

edit: now i get this message

Wrong chain. Please follow the steps I mentioned in the post after that. It's a Novacoin source error and unfortunately I do not know enough to fix it.

i followed the steps.
stuck on the same block, and getting the same message.
did it work for you? maybe it only works for mavericks?

Activity: 597
Merit: 500
OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Collegestudent requested that I take a shot at building the wallet to get rid of any problems you guys might have.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60507461/FlutterCoin-Qt.zip

Hey,

I'm trying this out, but

the syncing stucks at block 25084. i closed it and re open it a couple of times, but it doesn't come trough Huh

i have osx 10.8.5  

Wrong chain. Please follow the steps I mentioned in the post after that. It's a Novacoin source error and unfortunately I do not know enough to fix it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
FlutterCoin Developer
ALL: Thanks for all the ideas etc.  Anything anyone feels they can do to contribute to FLT - monetary is nice for development of the coin - but using your connections to various crypto currency avenues is even better IMHO.  Besides the current projects these are things IMHO that are critical to success:

1) Payment processor
2) More publicity, articles etc - we especially need publicity on the top crypto news sites
3) Online wallet system
4) Donations to pay for advertising

Besides a multipool these things IMHO are very important and anything you can do to contribute to the above in any way would be appreciated.  We are working on these things as well.
For such a featured coin, what are the things that are stopping us from taking FLT to real merchants and bring in mainstream media?

Push to merchants have not begun yet - it will come once the multipool and foundation are up and running. This coin has not even 2 months, keep that in mind.
Activity: 185
For such a featured coin, what are the things that are stopping us from taking FLT to real merchants and bring in mainstream media?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
The multipools are an artificial way to create demand short term. In the long run they work similar to a pyramid scheme, what I mean is you create demand for the same currency in which you get paid into, so the more expensive that currency gets, the less of it you receive (remember everything needs to run through BTC first).

BC did very well because it was the first coin to exploit the idea on a large scale and a few other coins (FAC for example) managed to get on that train for a short ride.

People need to be more concerned about building a strong community, about merchant adoption and about continuous development in order to stay on top of the wave of coins that are coming each and every day.

Seconding the community importance.  This cannot be stressed enough.  Look at poor beaten down reddcoin with a horrible ROI for traders, yet the community remains undeterred even though the coin has absolutely nothing going for it on a technical level (barebones litecoin copy and paste clone).  Yet they might be able to get traction if they keep up the community effort.  Yet here is Flutter with a genuinely amazing and interesting innovation to bring to cyptocurrency - one that is badly needed in fact (because it corrects the problem that there is too much incentive to hoard in deflationary currencies, so no merchant adoption happens for a long time if ever). But all people want to talk about is "what's the price going to be?  when is the multipool launched?  aww dumping again?Huh"    

People, if that's all you care about, go buy some yellowcoin or whitecoin or cinnicoin or whatever the P&D lemmingcoin flavor of the week is. Just admit to yourself you are only gambling here, nothing more than track betting but with "coins" instead of horses, and you have little interest or grasp of what cryptocurrencies bring to the internet nor any idea what separates a good, potentially significant innovation that will pay off long term like Proof of Transaction from a worthless one that is only good for a quick buck (if that), like a BC-style multipool.  If you have even once considered buying a dead-end turd like potcoin or one of the zero-innovation copies of blackcoin, you are not going to enjoy holding Flutter for long.  

If you lost a bunch of money in Gox or in cryptorush, or in bad trading overall, and are hoping for a hail mary play with a 10x return to make you whole again, buy FLT now and wait a few months.  If you are expecting anything at all to happen by this weekend, or after the multipool launches, go somewhere else with your gambling because you are very likely to be disappointed and end up selling more cheap coin at a loss to the more patient investors among us.

If you want to see Flutter succeed then i recommend reading up on the (VERY short) whitepaper that explains Proof of Transaction, learn what it is and how it works so that you can explain it to others in a coherent way.  And realize that there are only three main activities on which a proof system can be created in crypto:   Mining,  Saving, and Spending.  Mining was invented by Bitcoin.  Saving (Proof of Stake) started with Peercoin (I think... might have been an earlier lesser known coin).  And that leaves Spending - Proof of Transaction - which is made possible by Fluttercoin.  This isn't some little twist on some other idea or a stupid logo or theme or meme, it's a potential pillar of the entire ecosystem here.  

Hear! Hear! Some common sense! I'm holding my FLT's for a LOOONG time! And hoping to contribute to the community too.
The multipools are an artificial way to create demand short term. In the long run they work similar to a pyramid scheme, what I mean is you create demand for the same currency in which you get paid into, so the more expensive that currency gets, the less of it you receive (remember everything needs to run through BTC first).

BC did very well because it was the first coin to exploit the idea on a large scale and a few other coins (FAC for example) managed to get on that train for a short ride.

People need to be more concerned about building a strong community, about merchant adoption and about continuous development in order to stay on top of the wave of coins that are coming each and every day.

Seconding the community importance.  This cannot be stressed enough.  Look at poor beaten down reddcoin with a horrible ROI for traders, yet the community remains undeterred even though the coin has absolutely nothing going for it on a technical level (barebones litecoin copy and paste clone).  Yet they might be able to get traction if they keep up the community effort.  Yet here is Flutter with a genuinely amazing and interesting innovation to bring to cyptocurrency - one that is badly needed in fact (because it corrects the problem that there is too much incentive to hoard in deflationary currencies, so no merchant adoption happens for a long time if ever). But all people want to talk about is "what's the price going to be?  when is the multipool launched?  aww dumping again?Huh"    

People, if that's all you care about, go buy some yellowcoin or whitecoin or cinnicoin or whatever the P&D lemmingcoin flavor of the week is. Just admit to yourself you are only gambling here, nothing more than track betting but with "coins" instead of horses, and you have little interest or grasp of what cryptocurrencies bring to the internet nor any idea what separates a good, potentially significant innovation that will pay off long term like Proof of Transaction from a worthless one that is only good for a quick buck (if that), like a BC-style multipool.  If you have even once considered buying a dead-end turd like potcoin or one of the zero-innovation copies of blackcoin, you are not going to enjoy holding Flutter for long.  

If you lost a bunch of money in Gox or in cryptorush, or in bad trading overall, and are hoping for a hail mary play with a 10x return to make you whole again, buy FLT now and wait a few months.  If you are expecting anything at all to happen by this weekend, or after the multipool launches, go somewhere else with your gambling because you are very likely to be disappointed and end up selling more cheap coin at a loss to the more patient investors among us.

If you want to see Flutter succeed then i recommend reading up on the (VERY short) whitepaper that explains Proof of Transaction, learn what it is and how it works so that you can explain it to others in a coherent way.  And realize that there are only three main activities on which a proof system can be created in crypto:   Mining,  Saving, and Spending.  Mining was invented by Bitcoin.  Saving (Proof of Stake) started with Peercoin (I think... might have been an earlier lesser known coin).  And that leaves Spending - Proof of Transaction - which is made possible by Fluttercoin.  This isn't some little twist on some other idea or a stupid logo or theme or meme, it's a potential pillar of the entire ecosystem here.  

+1 - I do not think people comprehend the POT and its future effect on merchant adoption. Also, you got to love the 2% fee of the multipool to fund future projects, this is a long term viable way to add fundamental value to the coin. Who knows what the community will come up with with those extra funds? Time will tell.

I'll have to disagree with you regarding blackcoin though, if you take some extra time to analyse it, you'll see that the merchant push is very strong - and there's not too many coins out there that managed to "get out" of the crypto world. I believe fluttercoin is better suited for merchant adoption thanks to POT, and that the foundation will find creative ways to push merchants to accept flutter.
Activity: 336

Well said, Mike. I just want to highlight again that FLT awards not only mining, holding and spending but also ACCEPTING it, since merchants take part in the PoT rewards by receiving FLT transactions as well. It's also a great currency for money transfers, since both the sender and the receiver get the chance to be awarded with Proof of Transaction rewards. Go out and spread the word people.
Activity: 370

Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
After the multipool start . we could invest ( the community ) into Asics to plug them on multipool , but its very expensive hardware .

look at this one for sha 256

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-th-bitcoin-miner.html

2900 dollars its pretty good ^^ for 1TH

a cheaper choice would be we mine on the multipool and promote the coin for others to jump in Smiley i sent an email to beta test the multipool but unfortunately no reply , we still need services for the coin like places to spend the coin at we should work on that . altoutlet is a good start

Exactly, multipool is going to be created and the funds fees will be used for development. we need to point all the things we can at the multipool and then kidcoin maybe one day will buy an asic to keep constant flow who knows

I will point 3 Vipers at it 300MHS Smiley
Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
just bought 625k flt  Grin

gl with ur project !

whats ur addy, where r u on the richlist Smiley
Activity: 784
just bought 625k flt  Grin

gl with ur project !
Activity: 147
OSX WALLET BY MYSTPHYSX

Hey guys,

Hey,

I'm trying this out, but

i have osx 10.8.5  

Activity: 336

After the multipool start . we could invest ( the community ) into Asics to plug them on multipool , but its very expensive hardware .

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-th-bitcoin-miner.html

a cheaper choice would be we mine on the multipool and promote the coin for others to jump in Smiley i sent an email to beta test the multipool but unfortunately no reply , we still need services for the coin like places to spend the coin at we should work on that . altoutlet is a good start

Exactly, multipool is going to be created and the funds fees will be used for development. we need to point all the things we can at the multipool and then kidcoin maybe one day will buy an asic to keep constant flow who knows
collegestudent, can you upload your macwallet changes to github for review by thekidcoin?  others can review it too.

--o

i didnt make it, it was MystPhysX he deserves all the credit Smiley i just brought him here to help out. im an investor i know nothing about coding so yeah.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
collegestudent, can you upload your macwallet changes to github for review by thekidcoin?  others can review it too.

--o
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

its pretty cheap considering 5BTC is worth that. many ppl and big flt investors will easily buy it and do good mining for it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Jump to: