Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 72. (Read 111114 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Please advise in plenty of time if you are going to premine more than first stated if you are i will not support or mine this coin. Of course it is your choice but you have to allow plenty of time for us to make choices thank you
Currently we aren't premining more then the pre-discussed amount.

Ahh ok thanks i will mine

Do we have info available for solo mining? thanks
[/quote]
What info are you looking for? A miner is included in the wallet, but you can use your Cg/CUDA/minerd program aswell. I doubt unless you have a powerful rig solo mining will be profitable though, considering there will be 3 open pools at launch followed by 2 more (and counting). I'd suggest at least 1.5-2MH/s worth of hashing power to even consider solo mining. (I don't know how many people will actually be mining this though, so it could be more or less) Starting difficulty is standard. The RPC/P2P ports are listed in the OP.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Please advise in plenty of time if you are going to premine more than first stated if you are i will not support or mine this coin. Of course it is your choice but you have to allow plenty of time for us to make choices thank you
[/quote]

Ahh ok thanks i will mine

Do we have info available for solo mining? thanks
Activity: 182
Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Let me know how that works I first make 1 node on 1 server and can make much more of needed. only need the wallet online to node right?
never noded before so help will be appreciated.
Made small tutorial on how to set up node under the node bounty on OP.

TL;DR: Forward port 9929, run Wallet, sent me the address/Post the address/both

Sure I will post and pm you. Hope can get bounty.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Let me know how that works I first make 1 node on 1 server and can make much more of needed. only need the wallet online to node right?

oke easy peasy then Smiley.

I will wait for the wallet It`s release is 00:30 eu time midnight right?
I will put the nodes online on the release
Activity: 126
9 hours to start? right?
Activity: 168
I think you could have a chance with your FoxCoin as "fox" was very popular in 2013. Plus I like your coin's details.

If you're on a beefy server, you can edit the walletd's net.cpp and change
Code:
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;

to something like:
Code:
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 500;

and set
Code:
listen=1
server=1
maxconnections=500
maxreceivebuffer=500000

in your wallet config (~/.foxcoin/foxcoin.conf in this case i presume)

Thanks for the color, and yes, it is foxcoin.conf
kke
Activity: 96

If you're on a beefy server, you can edit the walletd's net.cpp and change
Code:
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;

to something like:
Code:
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 500;

and set
Code:
listen=1
server=1
maxconnections=500
maxreceivebuffer=500000

in your wallet config (~/.foxcoin/foxcoin.conf in this case i presume)

Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.

Activity: 196
Still need some nodes?

Yes, we do, actually.
Still need some nodes?

What approximate difficulty will be at start?

Also, I think it's too late to change the block reward curve now, not sure about that though.
Activity: 89
What approximate difficulty will be at start?
Pool or solo mining? What's the best at the very beginning?

If your rig is anything short of 2MH/s I'd say pool mining, considering that there are pools that will be open at launch and are accepting pre-registrations.

If you have a lot of hashpower you may be able to get a few blocks solo in the first hour, after that, the gravity well will make that impossible.

---------------------

While I am against premining you guys do have a point.

I made a poll on this free website, vote on the size of the premine Here
Activity: 224
Imho you should have mined something like 0.5%.
- 0.25 for marketing/giveaways etc
- 0.25 for development work.

Those seem to be the golden numbers.
I'm against premining, it's unfair (especially with the FoxCoin reward system that decreases every block), so we made the smallest workable premine possible. And so far it's working.

Also: .5% premine would be 5 Million FOX. That would take miners 2 weeks to catch up, prohibiting FoxCoin's ability to get to an exchange.

Why is that? The only reason I'm writing here is because I liked your first post. Esp because you seem to know what you're doing from the technical side.
Nobody sais you have to use the coins from the start or dump them. Thing is in the long run you'll have to develop this coin further if you want it to succeed. And knowing you'll get payed for that is always a good incentive.

This is not dogecoin who has a huge community behind that does all the work. I don't think any other coin will get anywhere close to that. So the ones who'll have to develop the coin it's you the devs. In time you'll have to add more people in the team to expand your skill set. Those people will have to get payed somehow.

I also think the block reduction shouldn't be linear. It should be a function, something like this:

Activity: 56
what hash power is good for solo mining?
Pool or solo mining? What's the best at the very beginning?

Depends on your hashpower.
This project could use a little advertising, because so far it is not enough popular to succeed.
Pages:
Jump to: