Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING] - page 74. (Read 111114 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Here comes new FoxCoin mining pool: http://fox.sprintpool.com

• High performace dedicated server in West Europe
  • DDoS Protection
  • Prop, Stratum, Vardiff, 0% Fee

Feel free to register right now. Pool will start as soon as FoxCoin source code will be published.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I definitely see your point. Current tx fees are 0.0001 (I think?) which is already a bit low as it is. Meaning that sending 1 cub plus tx fees = 0.00100001

So tx fees would be 100 FOX if we did that. BUT it wouldn't be too late to meet at the middle road and make one mFOX a FOX? (0.001 FOX) so tx fees would be 0.1 FOX which, in my humble opinion, is 'just' within the acceptable range for a user.

Please post thoughts on this.

That scaling would indeed make more sense. Though would that shifting be universal? Or only present in the wallet? Because if it's only present in the wallet then it'd likely just end up being confusing - in that case it'd make more sense to keep a FOX as a whole coin with a defined mFOX designation of cub or kit. Basically it's a fun idea, but I'm not certain on the implementation side how well it'd actually work.
Activity: 70
Software Developer

@People saying the wallet design is dull.

I would like to note that the devs are committed to making this work, and are here to stay. Expect semi-regular updates (Mind you, we have lives and we aren't getting paid at all for this, so obviously time isn't exactly a luxury we have a lot of) But yes I agree, the wallet design is dull, I'll inform the devs of your opinion.

Having a refreshing wallet design and a cool logo is not a matter of invested time but invested creativity!
Activity: 98
Since this one piqued my curiosity figured that I'd also chime in.

I tend to agree with the idea of effectively changing the decimal point in the representation. It's not just about the early miners feeling more 'rewarded' because of getting large numbers of coins though. No, it's primary advantage is that when each individual 'coin' isn't worth much people don't mind using them for random things.

At the same time, just moving the decimal point like that would introduce the slight 'issue' of the default miner/transaction fee costing a large number of 'coins'. So unless that could be changed to match then it'd probably be a net loss - it'd kinda defeat the purpose of having low individual coin value if one has to pay a 10 'coin' transaction fee.

Still, having fox and cub denominations defined is definitely fun. Could even be silly and have a kitsune somewhere above a fox too.
I definitely see your point. Current tx fees are 0.0001 (I think?) which is already a bit low as it is. Meaning that sending 1 cub plus tx fees = 0.00100001

So tx fees would be 100 FOX if we did that. BUT it wouldn't be too late to meet at the middle road and make one mFOX a FOX? (0.001 FOX) so tx fees would be 0.1 FOX which, in my humble opinion, is 'just' within the acceptable range for a user.

Please post thoughts on this.

Added countdown timer to OP. It isn't live though, which annoys me.

@People saying the wallet design is dull.

I would like to note that the devs are committed to making this work, and are here to stay. Expect semi-regular updates (Mind you, we have lives and we aren't getting paid at all for this, so obviously time isn't exactly a luxury we have a lot of) But yes I agree, the wallet design is dull, I'll inform the devs of your opinion.

Adding morehash pool to OP.

Activity: 42
FOXCOIN MINING POOL
Our pool is set up and ready to go. You may register and create your workers now. We will start up the Stratum mining on the official release date/time.
http://foxcoin.morehash.com

PPNLS, STRATUM, VARDIFF, DDOS-Protected, 0% Fees
http://foxcoin.morehash.com
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
sound like a decent coin.  Thnx
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Dev can you please add a countdown timer to the OP?
+1
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
Dev can you please add a countdown timer to the OP?
Activity: 238
it will be release tmw right?
Activity: 3
Merit: 250
hi friends Smiley

I like the idea of calling one satoshi a cub in Foxcoin! I like the coin, if it gets a fair start and less premine, I will be with it Smiley Is the actual release time already announced? Im from Europe ... Smiley

edit: ah 11pm good one Smiley
Activity: 8
Since this one piqued my curiosity figured that I'd also chime in.

I tend to agree with the idea of effectively changing the decimal point in the representation. It's not just about the early miners feeling more 'rewarded' because of getting large numbers of coins though. No, it's primary advantage is that when each individual 'coin' isn't worth much people don't mind using them for random things.

At the same time, just moving the decimal point like that would introduce the slight 'issue' of the default miner/transaction fee costing a large number of 'coins'. So unless that could be changed to match then it'd probably be a net loss - it'd kinda defeat the purpose of having low individual coin value if one has to pay a 10 'coin' transaction fee.

Still, having fox and cub denominations defined is definitely fun. Could even be silly and have a kitsune somewhere above a fox too.
Activity: 70
Software Developer
Both coin design and wallet theme are dull. It will put people off. Consider bringing more life to it.
Look how Firefox is doing it (mixing hot and cold colors).
Also using animated fox instead of actual fox would boost the coin look.

Good luck with the launch!
As a uBTC is called Satoshi, u42coin is called Dent why not outright called a uFox a Cub? Sounds good to me! Although the coin supply could have a few zeros cut from it. Instead of following in DOGE's pawprints scarce coins seem to be the topic now. A 42coin reaching 1900 BTC per unit! (sic!) So it could be fo example 100 Foxes total in circulation with the main unit being a Cub? Several billion of Cubs running around doing what naughty fox cubs do. Again just my two Dents Smiley
Well I was rather advocating the opposite. Leaving the current block values identical but just cutting off the decimals at the end.

For example: 1 Satoshi = One 100 Millionth of a BTC = 0.00000001 BTC || 1 μBTC = 1 Millionth of a BTC = 0.000001 BTC
Therefore = 1 μBTC = 100 Satoshi

So what I was advocating:

-Keeping everything 100% the same.
-Again, keeping everything 100% the same (That means everything)

1. Renaming μFOX to FOX (That means that 1 Cub is 0.01 FOX)
2. Users don't have to worry about 8 decimals anymore, only two, like they are used to with dollars, etc.
3. Users are attracted to FoxCoin because of *high* block rewards.
4. In reality nothing has changed except our naming scheme.
5. People enjoy having *large amounts* of FoxCoins in their wallet while maintaining stability of the original FoxCoin idea.

As highlighted in dmgta's post people like having large numbers in their wallet, and also don't want to deal with huge divisibility.

(e.g Going to the store to buy something for 0.8192481 FOX) or (e.g Having a annual salary of 512.5130149 FOX)
It's pure marketing. Thoughts? (Sorry for not wording it correctly the first time)
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
Have you considered utilizing WDC/MEC's wallet user interface?  That could very well achieve the sleek, attractive, and simple wallet you are looking for.
Activity: 120
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
As a uBTC is called Satoshi, u42coin is called Dent why not outright called a uFox a Cub? Sounds good to me! Although the coin supply could have a few zeros cut from it. Instead of following in DOGE's pawprints scarce coins seem to be the topic now. A 42coin reaching 1900 BTC per unit! (sic!) So it could be fo example 100 Foxes total in circulation with the main unit being a Cub? Several billion of Cubs running around doing what naughty fox cubs do. Again just my two Dents Smiley
I rally like this style. Though it was that depressed sitting fox at first. Need more tea. But if we get a chance to tie this coin in with the fox meme it might roll along more smoothly?
Seeing the success of DogeCoin, using the 'Fox Meme' and popularizing it may increase the coin's notoriety. Not sure if the coin's selling point being a condescending fox would be a good or bad thing though.

Adding 3rd pool to OP.

Also, I need opinions on this post:

As for block reward? I do have an idea. Currently the wallet has options to display FOX in different denominations:

There are 100,000,000 'cubs' per FOX (0.00000001 FOX) So why not do the following:

-Set the default display value to μFOX (0.000001 FOX)
-Rename μFOX FOX.
-1 cub would then be 0.01 FOX (μFOX) or the Dollar equivalent of a 'cent'
-The total FOX (μFOX) In circulation would be 1 Quadrillion.
-Block reward would be 250,000,000 FOX (μFOX)
-Users would only have to deal with two denominations eg. 1.23 FOX
-mFOX would be relabeled KFOX, FOX would be relabeled MFOX, etc.

Kills two doges with one meow. (Still haven't figured out what the fox says)
Activity: 112

Foxcoin POOL [PRE-REGISTRATION OPEN] 1% fee
http://fox.updamoon.com
Activity: 120
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
Also looking for new logo.

I like foxes. As such, you just got OUTFOXED.

I've styled foxcoin as llF, which is typeable, and seems to give the impression of slashes thru a letter a la $ & BTC.

And isn't the Franko F Wink

Bounty me, baby?

I rally like this style. Though it was that depressed sitting fox at first. Need more tea. But if we get a chance to tie this coin in with the fox meme it might roll along more smoothly?
Updated premine ledger on OP.
I think the the coin needs a simpler look to it.

something like this http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/197982, but with a coin instead of an envelope.

my 2 cents

Your advice will be taken into consideration, thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: