Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees - page 5. (Read 129691 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
As the devs have said they're still around, but they have real jobs to attend to so can't always be available.

I do hope any honest and new questions get answered though.

I didn't get a chance to comment on the previous discussions so I might as well comment now.

I liked the ideas about PoS and similar systems oriented toward Frac, expecially if they continue to build on Fracs innovations and go in a slightly new direction.

I don't really think anonymity will help, it's flavour of the month at the moment (just like memes were a while back), but none of the top 5 coins have or are considering implementing anon features.
Plus it makes it harder to deal with regulation, which is the major barrier facing all cryptos at the moment.

In any case, I trust Earlz and would be supportive of Frac going in any direction he thinks is wise.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
This is mostly frustrating, most coins were crowded at the beginning, and then quite and down, is that hard for people to stick to something; maybe I should get out and turn to Magi just found out, looks legitimate though.
Get into something, Dev, even PoS, where is our goal of top 20, I trust this coin much at the beginning, don't let it down.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Earlz, what's going on? What direction are we going?

Right now it looks like down. Are we going to vote on POS or are we going towards that? Just want some crumbs of info here. A lot of people are backing this horse

I went into IRC yesterday and asked for an update but nobody answered
I heard they're doing stealth address, dev, can u confirm?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
that is very sad but i think frac is dead and willnot get back again Sad

Really sad, this coin had potential, good innovation, but I´ve learned that´s not enough to survive in crypto.
Activity: 264
Merit: 252
alt coins trader/miner.
that is very sad but i think frac is dead and willnot get back again Sad
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
I would also like to know if there is a future with FRAC? 

At the moment, it seems as if the developers have lost interest - I hope I am wrong
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I would also like to know if there is a future with FRAC? 

At the moment, it seems as if the developers have lost interest - I hope I am wrong
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Earlz, have you decided which direction to head with FRAC?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
There should be more Faucets to help spread Frac
Activity: 301
@FractalCoin so have you decided on any potential PoS/PoF plans?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Everyone needs to know, only transactions can make the prices rise, it's keep low and low ,because everybody are all holding FRAC,no transaction happend.

There are lot of sale orders,the problem is less people are buying..community of this coin seems very small,57 pages only
I've tried to read the whitepaper but I still don't understand how Slingshield simply increases the hashrate required for a double spend from 51% to 71%...

here is the IRC channel #fractalcoin you may want go there and talk to dev, they hang there all the time.

Yeah I'm in there now chatting away to the team. They're always around for a Q and A. Hop in

see you around always here and there  Wink
Activity: 301
I've tried to read the whitepaper but I still don't understand how Slingshield simply increases the hashrate required for a double spend from 51% to 71%...

here is the IRC channel #fractalcoin you may want go there and talk to dev, they hang there all the time.

Yeah I'm in there now chatting away to the team. They're always around for a Q and A. Hop in

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 38
Merit: 14
Everyone needs to know, only transactions can make the prices rise, it's keep low and low ,because everybody are all holding FRAC,no transaction happend.
Additional thoughts:

1.  Who cares what the Bitcoin Devs like and don't.  If you're just using Fractalcoin as a test bed for future Bitcoin features, then yes, what they like matters.  But if you're trying to create your own, useful, real world adopted coin, then we need to have innovation.  Waiting for other people to create features then adopting them will not make Fractalcoin valuable.  Taking what they are working on then improving them does.

2.  And anonymous mixing may indeed be hype, I don't know.  But it is what the market wants at present.  The market sees value in it. Fractalcoin must gain traction and adoption.  Anonymous mixing is a way in.  If you have a better idea, I'm all ears but POS is not going to be it in my opinion and you'll waste two months of dev time.  If in the future that feature is no longer utilized, who cares.  But at least Fractalcoin will have gained traction thanks to it.

3.  Back in 2005 I started a company where we decided not to have so much as a logo because we were sick of being bombarded left and right by marketing.  We had a really good set of services and our homepage didn't so much as have our company name on it because we wanted everything to be clean and just about the services we offered.

You've never heard of the company or any of the services we offered.  As altruistic as our motives were, that's just not how the world works unfortunately.  Yes, be transparent and honest but the fact is, you have to appeal to the masses by giving them what they want or are told they needed in order to sneak the true innovations in.

If you don't do anonymity I fear someone will take Fractalcoin and add anonymity to it as a more secure anonymous currency would be amazing.  I'd prefer you head that up Earlz.  But if you don't, whoever does, please contact me via PM so I can invest.

Hi MyFarm, did earlz or someone else (dev) contact you about your suggestions?

No.

Sent you a PM.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Additional thoughts:

1.  Who cares what the Bitcoin Devs like and don't.  If you're just using Fractalcoin as a test bed for future Bitcoin features, then yes, what they like matters.  But if you're trying to create your own, useful, real world adopted coin, then we need to have innovation.  Waiting for other people to create features then adopting them will not make Fractalcoin valuable.  Taking what they are working on then improving them does.

2.  And anonymous mixing may indeed be hype, I don't know.  But it is what the market wants at present.  The market sees value in it. Fractalcoin must gain traction and adoption.  Anonymous mixing is a way in.  If you have a better idea, I'm all ears but POS is not going to be it in my opinion and you'll waste two months of dev time.  If in the future that feature is no longer utilized, who cares.  But at least Fractalcoin will have gained traction thanks to it.

3.  Back in 2005 I started a company where we decided not to have so much as a logo because we were sick of being bombarded left and right by marketing.  We had a really good set of services and our homepage didn't so much as have our company name on it because we wanted everything to be clean and just about the services we offered.

You've never heard of the company or any of the services we offered.  As altruistic as our motives were, that's just not how the world works unfortunately.  Yes, be transparent and honest but the fact is, you have to appeal to the masses by giving them what they want or are told they needed in order to sneak the true innovations in.

If you don't do anonymity I fear someone will take Fractalcoin and add anonymity to it as a more secure anonymous currency would be amazing.  I'd prefer you head that up Earlz.  But if you don't, whoever does, please contact me via PM so I can invest.

Hi MyFarm, did earlz or someone else (dev) contact you about your suggestions?

No.
Pages:
Jump to: