Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees - page 7. (Read 129691 times)

legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Modified Proof of Stake to reward fee percentages sounds like a more easily adoptable idea.

I've learned a lot since Frac's launch day and one thing I've learned is that widespread distribution is an altcoin's only hope to escape the almost immediate price, hashrate, and interest decay. Confining Frac to permanent PoW is great in theory but its target audience is profit-maximizing miners who always have a better (and also better-defined due to Conwarz) coin to mine for profits.

If it's switched to PoS suddenly each wallet holder has the choice to hoard for stake or develop spending. It's much easier to target computer/wallet owners than miners.

I recognize this is a huge amount of work to do on the coin. I'll support it however I can!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
+1 on the "proof of fee" idea, I'm only holding a small amount from mining and have bought a few when I can, keep innovating and persistence will pay off, I've been shocked at how cheap frac has become on the markets and how low the volume is now... but seems like every day the front page of bitt is all new newb account coins, every newb coin that burns people is a chance that some of those people will be looking for a solid coin, so keeping up with the twitter and such is good it's always good to remind people.

Activity: 301
Merit: 100
Hello, I wanted to give a general development update. I've been extremely busy with some other matters so I haven't had nearly as much time to work on Fractalcoin. However, this does not mean we've abandoned it or anything like that.

So, we have long held that pure PoW is what we intend Fractalcoin to be, but we also understand the network security concerns at this point with low rewards. So, we are considering if switching to PoS would be a worthwhile thing to do.

First of all, PoS would have to be ported to Fractalcoin, which is based on Bitcoin 0.9. This would require significant effort, but is definitely possible in a reasonable timespan of 1-2 months. Secondly, by switching to PoS we would still be maintaining a zero-inflation economy. Instead of stakes accruing yearly interest and such, they would instead accrue a part of the percentage based fees. This has to be checked to ensure it is compatible with PoS and is immune to any exploits(if done naively, creating many small stakes would gain more than one large stake, for example). And finally, we must ensure that the community (ie you guys) would be supportive of the idea.

So, what do you think? How would you feel about Fractalcoin switching to a specialized PoS form of mining and network security?

Whilst we're considering PoS as a potential feature to implement, we have not fully decided that this is the path that we're going to take, we're simply consulting with the community to see if this is a path that they're interested in. We are open to other suggestions however.

For reference, our pros/cons list so far:

Pros:
  • Would ensure a greater level of network security
  • Would reward stake holders that do not own mining equipment

Cons:
  • PoS can encourage hoarding
  • PoS commonly has more network consensus problems than PoW
  • PoS would require significant development time
While I'm not a huge fan of PoS coins..This would be a totally different PoS coin based on percentage based fees. Almost like "Proof of Fee" PoF 
See if it can be done. I think this would only add to the innovation of FractalCoin

Thanks for the update earlz

Agree - fee based PoS (or PoF) sounds like an original innovation so I can't see why not. Appreciate that it would probably take significant development time so ultimately up to you guys

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Hello, I wanted to give a general development update. I've been extremely busy with some other matters so I haven't had nearly as much time to work on Fractalcoin. However, this does not mean we've abandoned it or anything like that.

So, we have long held that pure PoW is what we intend Fractalcoin to be, but we also understand the network security concerns at this point with low rewards. So, we are considering if switching to PoS would be a worthwhile thing to do.

First of all, PoS would have to be ported to Fractalcoin, which is based on Bitcoin 0.9. This would require significant effort, but is definitely possible in a reasonable timespan of 1-2 months. Secondly, by switching to PoS we would still be maintaining a zero-inflation economy. Instead of stakes accruing yearly interest and such, they would instead accrue a part of the percentage based fees. This has to be checked to ensure it is compatible with PoS and is immune to any exploits(if done naively, creating many small stakes would gain more than one large stake, for example). And finally, we must ensure that the community (ie you guys) would be supportive of the idea.

So, what do you think? How would you feel about Fractalcoin switching to a specialized PoS form of mining and network security?

Whilst we're considering PoS as a potential feature to implement, we have not fully decided that this is the path that we're going to take, we're simply consulting with the community to see if this is a path that they're interested in. We are open to other suggestions however.

Pros:

Cons:
While I'm not a huge fan of PoS coins..This would be a totally different PoS coin based on percentage based fees. Almost like "Proof of Fee" PoF 
See if it can be done. I think this would only add to the innovation of FractalCoin

Thanks for the update earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm

Pros:

Cons:
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
add some pos, and price goes up
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
with this price, how can coinwarz list Frac, slingshield not enough.

The world is not enough
Activity: 742
Merit: 260
with this price, how can coinwarz list Frac, slingshield not enough.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Activity: 29
Yes, we are still alive. Fractalcoin isn't putting food in our mouth or paying the bills so we have jobs that take up our time. We also have personal lives offline that we need to attend to.

earlz is always on the lookout for new things and evaluates whether or not he wants to add them to FractalCoin. As we have stated many times before, we do not feel a coin needs to constantly have new features added. At some point you need to allow the coin to stabilize.

Rest assured, we have not abandoned this coin like all the other shitcoins and scamcoins. We want this coin to succeed as much as the next person.

Cheers!
Skunky
Activity: 18
Activity: 113
There are only 705,692 coins in circulation with 1,000,000 total coins. Price is freaking cheap right now IMO
Activity: 81
Fractalcoin Mining Pool Hub

http://fractalcoin.miningpoolhub.com

- You can set mining coin on webiste to switch immediately.
- Auto profit switching is available.
- Auto exchange to alt coin like payout to Fractalcoin is possible too
- 1% Fee
- PPLNS

Come and mine together!
thats cool, i mine look what i get => demand
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Fractalcoin Mining Pool Hub

http://fractalcoin.miningpoolhub.com

- You can set mining coin on webiste to switch immediately.
- Auto profit switching is available.
- Auto exchange to alt coin like payout to Fractalcoin is possible too
- 1% Fee
- PPLNS

Come and mine together!
Activity: 249
Marketing will not help here. It only makes you look like a bunch of desperate bag holders. I would rather use the time to rewrite the initial post (look at saffron coin for example).

Marketing isn't useless, or else it wouldn't exist, but I agree it's not everything.
Good idea about the initial post, I'll check out saffron.

The best marketing is a solid initial pump. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY AROUND. BE REALISTIC.

This may be true of copycat coins, which is most cryptos, but I got into fractal because of its innovations and such coins behave differently in my experience.
It's true fractal may never get the traction it needs, but if it does slingshield and the percentage-fees will ensure that the risk was more than worth it, IMO anyway.
To me it's a good investment, possibly because in the past I've done quite well buying innovative coins that nobody wanted, that later became extremely popular.

But everybody has to make up their own mind and I totally understand that. Smiley
Activity: 7
Marketing will not help here. It only makes you look like a bunch of desperate bag holders. I would rather use the time to rewrite the initial post (look at saffron coin for example).

The best marketing is a solid initial pump. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY AROUND. BE REALISTIC.

Even the devs have stopped posting, I'm out before I lose money.

see ya all
Just letting everybody know usecryptos voting is back online

https://www.usecryptos.com/voting

And of course there's still coinwarz

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting
don't see anything new for this coin

We're working on some advertising campaigns and coinwarz listing at the moment, and building the community in general.

We'd love some other ideas though. Smiley
Activity: 115
don't see anything new for this coin
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
Bunch of loosers...

Even a piece of shit coin like JackPotCoin, China made beats this DEAD coin.

Look at the Market of this crappy coin, can´t go up above 10k...I few sorry for you.

Dead coin, dead dev, dead community, fucking graveyard.

It´s really funny to see desperation in some members, all alone in the dark.

This coin could be ellected the most looser of all, Market cap really seems to be one of its kind, deep fall into the ground LOL

Congrats to be so Newsless and  zero Releases...TOTAL SHIT = FRAC, that´s the equation.

lol! thanks for sharing, your opinion is extraordinarily appreciated! obvious fud is obvious.

Just ignore the guy...
Pages:
Jump to: