Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 15. (Read 37319 times)

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
I ordered one yesterday, can’t wait for it to arrive. I’ll probably order 1-2 more. Anyone mining on ViaBTC Solo?

yeah  but I prefer tbdice

I hit 2 doge blocks on it so far.

(Updated my Apollos to lastest firmware and) also taking a gamble to hit a block at tbdice  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I ordered one yesterday, can’t wait for it to arrive. I’ll probably order 1-2 more. Anyone mining on ViaBTC Solo?

yeah  but I prefer tbdice

I hit 2 doge blocks on it so far.
Activity: 39
Merit: 30
Activity: 35
Merit: 24
So hey, i'm new.

I just bought the Apollo and it looks great. I understand the economics and its a hobby with a possible LT investment aspect. I was going to mine at litecoinpool, but then I saw a few posts on solo mining. I'd be interested to see where the Apollo users are mining.

Thanks.

Personaly i'm on multipool, on the multicoin scrypt pool (port 7777), it work very well with apollo Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
So hey, i'm new.

I just bought the Apollo and it looks great. I understand the economics and its a hobby with a possible LT investment aspect. I was going to mine at litecoinpool, but then I saw a few posts on solo mining. I'd be interested to see where the Apollo users are mining.

Thanks.

Its a large mix. Lots of people just mine straight Litecoin on pools to support the network, others mine low diff scrypt coins (which you can collect ALOT of with this device), and rest solo mine on solo pools like ltcdice.

Speaking of solo mining I hit a block on one of my dev Apollos last week  Grin
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
So hey, i'm new.

Thanks.

Just added the Apollo miner to https://apanel.com ASIC realtime Profitability framework.

Check it out:
https://www.apanel.com/miners/futurebit/apollo/79

Hi Smiley

Very good page! It is possible to add GekkoScience NEwpac and 2pac asic keys ? Smiley It should be cool!

Regards
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just added the Apollo miner to https://apanel.com ASIC realtime Profitability framework.

Check it out:
https://www.apanel.com/miners/futurebit/apollo/79

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi,
Does anyone in the UK have a Moonlander2 for sale.

Loads on ebay cheap, but i need to buy with BTC.
Can offer 0.02BTC  (£50 for miner inc deliver) Currently on ebay for as little as £31 + £5 carriage

J

First please don't post stuff like this in a complete irrelevant thread. This is the general thread for the Apollo.

You can create your own WTB thread in marketplace, or post in the order related thread for the Moonlander 2: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.360

Second if you want to pick one up for 50 Pounds and pay in crypto then just order off my website (shop.futurebit.io). It will cost 50 USD+ ~10 in shipping, which is less than 50UK

First, I dint know this was the wrong place to post such a request. If I had known I wouldn't have posted here. My mistake.
Second, we have already spoken about ordering from your website. I would love to but as I explained to you, UK customs and Excise is a nightmare for these kind of items at the moment. If they don't confiscate it, which they normally do, then it will probably sit there for at least 2 weeks, then they will require about £25 in tax if not more.
Shame the UK dealers didn't buy this product, would have made it so much easier.
J
legendary
Hi,

Can offer 0.02BTC  (£50 for miner inc deliver) Currently on ebay for as little as £31 + £5 carriage

J

First please don't post stuff like this in a complete irrelevant thread. This is the general thread for the Apollo.

You can create your own WTB thread in marketplace, or post in the order related thread for the Moonlander 2: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.360

Second if you want to pick one up for 50 Pounds and pay in crypto then just order off my website (shop.futurebit.io). It will cost 50 USD+ ~10 in shipping, which is less than 50UK
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi,

Can offer 0.02BTC  (£50 for miner inc deliver) Currently on ebay for as little as £31 + £5 carriage

J
Activity: 23
Merit: 5
Web UI development is "Made in Italy"  Grin

I noticed the UI seems to have a minera flavor; great job all-around!
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
The miner states 100% fabricated/assembled/shipped in the USA

When you say fabricated is that as in invented or also that all components are made from within the USA and nothing is china sourced?

Either way, this is an awesome project, so keep up the great work.

Almost, whole project is engineered here and all PCB assembly/ case assembly is done in California. Not everything is from here though, for example the fan is from China.

Web UI development is "Made in Italy"  Grin
legendary

When you say fabricated is that as in invented or also that all components are made from within the USA and nothing is china sourced?

Almost, whole project is engineered here and all PCB assembly/ case assembly is done in California. Not everything is from here though, for example the fan is from China.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

legendary
Yes anything less than 2% on the Apollo is "normal". The ASICS themselves are a little error prone regardless (they will spit out at least .5 % error even on high voltages).

The onboard passive thermal shutdowns will kick in before and real damage happens even if the MCU fails and the fan is not running.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi Jstefanop

Thanks for the reply Smiley So if i understand, you think that i haven't damaged anything?

Here is my actual HW Errors and specs :

Because now i'm paranoid Smiley Smiley Smiley I found that the hardware errors are numerous... Smiley

Regards

Anyways, super small machine!!! Im fan boy of all your creations Smiley

hw - 0.5 %

so for every 100 dollars earned you are losing

50 cents

$99.50  good
     .50   bad

this is normal
Hi Jstefanop

Thanks for the reply Smiley So if i understand, you think that i haven't damaged anything?

Here is my actual HW Errors and specs :

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/04/2/1548185765-capture-d-ecran-2019-01-22-a-20-35-55.png

Because now i'm paranoid Smiley Smiley Smiley I found that the hardware errors are numerous... Smiley

Regards

Anyways, super small machine!!! Im fan boy of all your creations Smiley
legendary
Hi

I wanted to tell you an adventure that happened to my Apollo tonight... The Apollo is not involved, but rather the micro SD card!

To setup the Apollo I used a SD card no name of 4 GB. And this morning I had the unpleasant surprise to see the Apollo with fan
extinguished and visibly crashed! And a strong smell of burnt plastic and / or electric, and the aluminium fan was burning!

At first I thought the apollo was dead, I turned everything off and let the electronics cool down... I tested the power supply, then
I tried and turn on the apollo but nothing happened.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!! (Primal scream)

But, i thinked about the Micro SD card, i removed the card from the Apollo et tried to format it with my mac and strangly the mac wont format it...
I tried on my PC and same shit... so i burned another micros SD sandisk card and the Apollo re-worked perfectly!!!

(JStefanop)

Morality, do not hesitate to use some good quality SD cards, else if the system crash the fans can't control and cool down the chips :/ A procedure of shutdown
should be usefull in this case Smiley

Else is there a way to know if a chip was damaged ?

Regards

PS: But I was scared during this story Smiley Smiley

Here is my config Smiley One Apollo, and a raspberry running 5 moonlander 2 overclocked Smiley

yea this has been reported in the support thread, and the next image release will take steps to prevent this from happening but never really thought that the SD card might be the issue...thats good to know.

Regardless there are built in thermal protections to prevent any damage, problem is that because the heatsink is so efficient and the board does not get hot enough for the shutdown to kick in, so it probably gets up to 90C in this case which will cause some "burning" smell but this won't cause any damage to the ASICs or board.
Pages:
Jump to: