Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 21. (Read 37319 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Do you have any more details on the ASIC?
How many scrypt cores are on there?
Does each one use 128KB SRAM?
Is it 14 or 28nm or something else?
Did you design it yourself?

Its 22nm and has 280 cores each ASIC.

We beat innosilicon's 14nm chip at 22nm so should be interesting when we can get this chip down to 10-14nm Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
I got my E Mail notification that the Miner is on the way , orderd on September !
Thanks jstefanop  !
legendary
Activity: 978
Merit: 1080
Do you have any more details on the ASIC?
How many scrypt cores are on there?
Does each one use 128KB SRAM?
Is it 14 or 28nm or something else?
Did you design it yourself?
legendary
Working through these don’t worry you will all get tracking numbers early next week
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
I ordered on the first of sept

1205  was my order number.

I got no info sent to me.  oh well

Same here,
I ordered on Set. 2, order n. 1209
Waiting for info 
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Can't wait to get it running with the difficulty the way it is. Any updates?!

I plan on not only having this be a miner, but every miner being a node+wallet+LN node and being a truly powerful crypto platform that sits on your desk!

Dont we need much more storage than the recommended microSD card to fit a full node?

What are the benefits of running a node vs mining? Thanks. Waiting for shipping info.

A node allows you to have a core wallet.

I run a:

btc node
 bci node
 rvn node

I have core wallets for all 3 coins.

more nodes help network to have more security
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

I plan on not only having this be a miner, but every miner being a node+wallet+LN node and being a truly powerful crypto platform that sits on your desk!

Dont we need much more storage than the recommended microSD card to fit a full node?

What are the benefits of running a node vs mining? Thanks. Waiting for shipping info.
legendary
I ordered on the first of sept

1205  was my order number.

I got no info sent to me.  oh well

Activity: 748
Merit: 523
My Apollos are coming  Grin
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
FutureBit LLC    Order #xxxx
Your order is on the way

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary

Yes, once we integrate a full node functionality you'll need a 32GB SD card (20GB Litecoin blockchain size currently), but we will be offering just a miner image and a separate full node image and people can chose whatever they want to run. Our controller also has a USB port so you could connect USB hard drives and flash drives theoretically, but need to look into that.

Obviously it would be super cool if everyone with an apollo ran a full node, since we would have more Futurebit apollo nodes up than the entire network currently Cheesy

I assume you can mine any SCRYPT algo coin with the Apollo. Running a Litecoin (full) Node will be available soon/near future but you can run any software you install yourself on the SD? OS is Linux (based)? which version/build?

Yes any stratum scrypt pool. Its running ubuntu armbian...sure you can install whatever you want on it, but then you risk breaking the install and all the custom code we run to keep the miner from burning up so thats all at your descretion (obviously you can reflash the SD card if you REALLY fuck something up).
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

Yes, once we integrate a full node functionality you'll need a 32GB SD card (20GB Litecoin blockchain size currently), but we will be offering just a miner image and a separate full node image and people can chose whatever they want to run. Our controller also has a USB port so you could connect USB hard drives and flash drives theoretically, but need to look into that.

Obviously it would be super cool if everyone with an apollo ran a full node, since we would have more Futurebit apollo nodes up than the entire network currently Cheesy

I assume you can mine any SCRYPT algo coin with the Apollo. Running a Litecoin (full) Node will be available soon/near future but you can run any software you install yourself on the SD? OS is Linux (based)? which version/build?
legendary

Activity: 37
I was concerned about the cost of this and the recent falling price of Litecoin but read this from yesterday (MarketWatch link provided):

"Another cryptocurrency named Litecoin is expected to again traction in the near future."

Like all investments there are cycles of high/low, so hanging in there.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/cryptocurrency-market-to-reach-us670-bn-by-2025-absence-of-third-party-intermediary-triggers-demand---tmr-2018-11-14

Worthless report, way too much indication they did NOT actually study anything.

This one phrase is enough to indicate how WORTHLESS this "report" is.

"Currently, some of the prominent players operating in the global cryptocurrency market are BitFury Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Alphapoint Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, and Intel Corporation."

They left out Bitmain and AMD (both of which make a LOT more from cryptocurrency than Nvidia does).
Microsoft has almost NO presence in Cryptocoin at this time.
Never heard OF Alphapoint but they're definitely NOT a "prominent player".
Intel has ZERO presence in cryptocoin other than indirect as a fairly common choice for CPUs to put on motherboards for GPU rigs.

Agreed. I think this kind of BS is not intended for human consumption and is more intended to create awareness from ai bots and is algorithm fodder. Possibly produced by the least heard of company in the list to create some artificial attention. LOL

If the rest of their "research" is as shoddy at THAT statement, their report is 100% worthless.

Activity: 159

legendary
legendary

After some scares and heart attacks this week we finally have units moving out to production and ready for shipping tomorrow!!!

Long story short first units coming out of testing all failed so my nightmares of a botched batch 1 I thought had come true. Quickly found it was just just an assembly error and there was a missing washer between the heatsink springs and PCB which was causing shorts.

This is fixed and now all units coming off the line are working better than I could have imagined. So here is the very first production unit! Real non rendered version hashing away!

below is the final shipping interface...this is early beta and should be releasing the image tomorrow for you guys to copy to SD cards...keep in mind this part is a work in progress now that production issues are out of the way and will turn my attention to making the best ASIC miner software, with features like solo mining, full Litecoin nodes + wallet functionality, and full LN node functionality all planed to be released in the coming months. I plan on not only having this be a miner, but every miner being a node+wallet+LN node and being a truly powerful crypto platform that sits on your desk!

I know you guys are super anxious and am getting your emails, but please try and not email me about shipping until the end of next week, everything is going out in the order of pre-orders so if you ordered towards the end of september your units wont ship out until late next week, but am hoping to have almost all units out by end of next week.

Super thank you to all pre-orders that again made this possible, and you guys have been really patient which is why I love this community and has made this a tad less stressful the last few months Smiley
Activity: 17
Gridseed blades, ASIC 's, gridseeds with no fans, Zeus Blizzard and Thunder its amazing the amount of scrap metal I have laying around. I might have to get back on ebay and unload my antiques soon. hopefully soon, real soon. Smiley
Activity: 13
Activity: 159
Looking forward to this week! To find out if I am one of the lucky first few orders to get his Apollo sent Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: