Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Project Apollo: Bringing ASIC Mining Back to the Home Miner! - page 22. (Read 37316 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Can't wait for shipping numbers. What is the current status of things? Smiley
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
When will you be accepting more orders? I was one of your first eBay buyers of the Moonlander 2. If you get any cancellations please let me know! Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I was concerned about the cost of this and the recent falling price of Litecoin but read this from yesterday (MarketWatch link provided):

"Another cryptocurrency named Litecoin is expected to again traction in the near future."

Like all investments there are cycles of high/low, so hanging in there.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/cryptocurrency-market-to-reach-us670-bn-by-2025-absence-of-third-party-intermediary-triggers-demand---tmr-2018-11-14

Worthless report, way too much indication they did NOT actually study anything.

This one phrase is enough to indicate how WORTHLESS this "report" is.

"Currently, some of the prominent players operating in the global cryptocurrency market are BitFury Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Alphapoint Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, and Intel Corporation."

They left out Bitmain and AMD (both of which make a LOT more from cryptocurrency than Nvidia does).
Microsoft has almost NO presence in Cryptocoin at this time.
Never heard OF Alphapoint but they're definitely NOT a "prominent player".
Intel has ZERO presence in cryptocoin other than indirect as a fairly common choice for CPUs to put on motherboards for GPU rigs.

If the rest of their "research" is as shoddy at THAT statement, their report is 100% worthless.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hello, am new here. Wondering if a new atx PSU will come with 6 pin PCI-E connectors? If not, what will I need to buy. Excited to get the Apollo. Could you post some links to PSU so the not so techy guys like myself know exactly what to buy? Thanks!

I've been piecing this together but these are some links that someone else recommended and they seem to be great recommendations:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+750W+Server+Power+Supply+HSTNS-PL18+506821-001+506822-201+511778-001&_sacat=0

and one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1200W-Breakout-Board-for-HP-PSU-GPU-Mining-Ethereum-ZEC-ZCASH-ETH-DPS-1200FB-QB/163036848758

PSUs will only use as much electricity as required for output. 750W would be good for up to three Apollos at full hash power. If you don't want a server PSU, make sure you get at least a gold rated PSU.
Activity: 3
Hello, am new here. Wondering if a new atx PSU will come with 6 pin PCI-E connectors? If not, what will I need to buy. Excited to get the Apollo. Could you post some links to PSU so the not so techy guys like myself know exactly what to buy? Thanks!
I was concerned about the cost of this and the recent falling price of Litecoin but read this from yesterday (MarketWatch link provided):

"Another cryptocurrency named Litecoin is expected to again traction in the near future."

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/cryptocurrency-market-to-reach-us670-bn-by-2025-absence-of-third-party-intermediary-triggers-demand---tmr-2018-11-14

When I first launched the original Moonlander, it was when LTC was $2 after a high of $50 earlier in the year. Interesting that the Apollo is also launching in this bear market....just collect those coins, history always repeats itself Wink

Quick update on production, the sheet metal part of the case was delayed a bit due to our supplier being close to the Cali wild fires, and since it is Thanksgiving this week in the stats our production line is closed wed-fri so we are now looking at first shipping going out on the week of the 26th.

Its been a longer journey than I anticipated to get here, but we are almost there and Im really proud of what we have accomplished with this device and hope you guys agree when you get your hands on them soon.

In the meantime my Innosilicon A4+ is hashing away helping me to pay for my initial investment in Apollo!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
Believe the wait is worth it if I look at the design!

Glad to have one orderd and cant wait to have it, thanks jstefanop for that awesome Work !  Grin

Cheeers Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

When I first launched the original Moonlander, it was when LTC was $2 after a high of $50 earlier in the year. Interesting that the Apollo is also launching in this bear market....just collect those coins, history always repeats itself Wink

Quick update on production, the sheet metal part of the case was delayed a bit due to our supplier being close to the Cali wild fires, and since it is Thanksgiving this week in the stats our production line is closed wed-fri so we are now looking at first shipping going out on the week of the 26th.

Its been a longer journey than I anticipated to get here, but we are almost there and Im really proud of what we have accomplished with this device and hope you guys agree when you get your hands on them soon.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1

I have my sd card, power supply, and breaker board all ready for it! I just need a good place to get two 6 pin to 6 pin connectors for the rig. Is there a good place to get them? I see a lot of 6 pin to 8 pin pci cables but I was not sure if those would be good enough.

And thank you futurebit! The product is looking awesome!
Activity: 37
Woah looking like one sweet device, wish id ordered more too. Great design  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Very cool design, great job.  Smiley
Activity: 159
It looks awesome, well worth the extra one week of waiting!!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I should have ordered 2  of them.  Damn it looks really nice.
legendary
Final case design...the middle sheetmetal part will get to our factory by end of the week so we might have the first shipments going out then!

legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
Some sneak peaks for you guys Cheesy

Miner web UI (if it looks familiar your right, we got the best miner UI guys working on this!)

Proud to have built it for Futurebit products! Apollo Web App is ready to run and monitor your miners!
Go get one! :-)

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Nice.. This one sounds really interesting. Great efficiency!  You located in US right? Would anyone ordering from Europe be affected by the recent export taxes?

USA import taxes (from China) does not affect EU  Smiley

@jstefanop,

Fan will be pulling? Amazing. I'd love to see that in action.

As for the discussion about PSU and future versions, I am all open to having this as much over friendly as possible. I just know, I will not be buying one with embedded PSU, buy many other people will be. You can run two products at the same time - one with PSU and one without. Preferably, stackable design this time! For pros.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
Nice.. This one sounds really interesting. Great efficiency!  You located in US right? Would anyone ordering from Europe be affected by the recent export taxes?
legendary
waiting not so patiently.

Well at least you are brooklyn based

I am in NJ shipping will be quicker.

Almost there...I know it sucks being delayed a bit, but at least I have a functioning product that I will deliver, and all pre-orders are essentially getting a 30 dollar case for free now. At least this is better than all these other vaporware products that have failed to deliver anything that I see on here lately Wink

I upgraded all shipments including domestic to fedex instead of USPS...everyone will have their miner within 2-3 days in the states when I start shipping.
legendary
Should be able to stack them if you put them on their sides though?

Heatsink looks amazingly like the Alpha series ones I used to have on my Athlon 1800+ CPUs - but a little shorter.

The connector used for PCI-E 6-pin applications is capable of handling 8 amps per pin, or 96 watts per pin - PCI-E specs are EXTREMELY conservative for those connectors even though they only "normally" use 2 of the pins for +12VDC and one for sense.
If you are using all 3 pins for +12VDC (most power supplies are designed to do this) a single connector *should* be fine for up to 288 watts - 192 if you're only using 2 +12VDC pins for power.

No because there are intakes on all sides, this is how I was able to achieve such high thermal performance with this and keep fan RPMs low for eco mode. Cool air is being sucked in from all 4 sides and thermal efficiency with this cold forged pin heatsink is extremely high. You could possibly get away with stacking them on the side if your blasting the fans but I haven't tested this configuration, all I know is that thermal performance drops exponentially even if one of the sides are blocked.

As for power, It depends on the wire gauge used, and since the official specs for 6 Pin PCIE is 75 watts there will be someone using a shitty low gauge  ATX PSU so if they don't plug in both and are running it hard they could blow a pcie wire easily. Had to keep it safe and stay within specs, but yea I only use one with 14 gauge wire on my server PSUs.
Pages:
Jump to: