Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client. - page 21. (Read 23824 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

Oh it seems to be the only viable option for the moment.  I'd just be a little wary of anything that handles my money and doesn't offer me at least an account to connect all those wallets to.

Especially when the owner "developer" hasn't changed default dummy content from the template, and has typo'd the subdomain on the page.  Those were some of the issues that plagued GME when it was released the first time Wink
Even without a login, it seems reasonable in how it works: You send, the other sends, you get it forwarded. Other one does not send within an hour, you get yours back (probably without fees, doesn't state so explicitly, but I'd assume it to be that way.
So I assume in any way that it'd be better for me to initiate any deal by sending the GMEs first since we do not know how many confirmations it takes until they are there.

BTW, jayo89, you seem quite fluent with the source code - any idea of what new diff we can expect after diff change? What minute interval does the source aim for?
Would you consider yourself able to implement a more dynamic algorithm like with BitBar, or the new one about to go live with Freicoin in ~20 blocks?

The difficulty change seems to follow the standard algorithm, so the difficulty is going to drop proportionally so that the average hash power over the last bit would be enough to mine coins at the target rate.  I was thinking of using a more fluid algorith that would sort of look at a "graph" of mining activity over the period, rather than an average.  ie if mining power is obviously on a sharp decline, make the difficulty lower than only a slight decline, even if the averages in those two scenarios would be the same.  This would hopefully make for difficulty adjustments that are more realisitc, preventing both an unsuitable difficulty for the whole network, or a ridiculously low difficulty that is taken advantage of by the opportunistic few.

Also, from the source code:

Code:
838: static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 3.5 * 24 * 60 * 60; // Gamecoin: 3.5 days
  839: static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2.5 * 60; // Gamecoin: 2.5 minutes
  840: static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

Difficulty shift is aimed for every 3.5 days, assuming a block is found every 2.5 minutes, that gives us a difficulty retarget every 2016 blocks.
Activity: 158
A transaction fee of 980 GME is waiting for whoever grabs it...
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
If someone was to make gmc merged minable, it would make it gain a lot of attraction.
I'm not aware of anything scrypt being merge-mineable so far.

That's exactly my point.
If someone was to make gmc merged minable, it would make it gain a lot of attraction.
I'm not aware of anything scrypt being merge-mineable so far.

Oh it seems to be the only viable option for the moment.  I'd just be a little wary of anything that handles my money and doesn't offer me at least an account to connect all those wallets to.

Especially when the owner "developer" hasn't changed default dummy content from the template, and has typo'd the subdomain on the page.  Those were some of the issues that plagued GME when it was released the first time Wink
Even without a login, it seems reasonable in how it works: You send, the other sends, you get it forwarded. Other one does not send within an hour, you get yours back (probably without fees, doesn't state so explicitly, but I'd assume it to be that way.
So I assume in any way that it'd be better for me to initiate any deal by sending the GMEs first since we do not know how many confirmations it takes until they are there.

BTW, jayo89, you seem quite fluent with the source code - any idea of what new diff we can expect after diff change? What minute interval does the source aim for?
Would you consider yourself able to implement a more dynamic algorithm like with BitBar, or the new one about to go live with Freicoin in ~20 blocks?
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Trying to keep this thing alive. Just found a block!

I just got an idea - perhaps also interesting for others to participate in:
Over the next hours/days I'll do some transactions to myself with a fee of 1000 GME each, so the happy miner that gets to mine that block has a good incentive :-)

So... make sure to grab those and don't let the money go back to me ;-)
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Trying to keep this thing alive. Just found a block!

No login available on an exchange/escrow service?  Seems like the one feature they would ensure is developed before launching.
Also looks like they've still got the default copyright message on the template that was used.

Haven't actually used it yet but read about it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/retired-198891 and it seems to work.
Open for alternate suggestions.

No login available on an exchange/escrow service?  Seems like the one feature they would ensure is developed before launching.
Also looks like they've still got the default copyright message on the template that was used.

Haven't actually used it yet but read about it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/retired-198891 and it seems to work.
Open for alternate suggestions.
Hi,

I was mining until yesterday to keep it going, and it seemed like others were mining too, so I switched to something where I can be sure to get coins that I can convert easily, as I still need to get my hardware/electricity investments back. Seems like now there is nobody else mining (no new block for ~9h).
My suggestion: I'll continue mining with my 3MH (should give an average of two blocks per hour at current difficulty) and you make me an attractive offer in btc or ltc for 200k gme so that I can afford to continue mining.
I will switch back to mining gamecoin for the time being until offers pour in.
Sounds fair?

I suggest the automated escrow service at http://exchange.dudeami.com/ for doing any exchanges.

Kind regards
Mike

Hi,

I was mining until yesterday to keep it going, and it seemed like others were mining too, so I switched to something where I can be sure to get coins that I can convert easily, as I still need to get my hardware/electricity investments back. Seems like now there is nobody else mining (no new block for ~9h).
My suggestion: I'll continue mining with my 3MH (should give an average of two blocks per hour at current difficulty) and you make me an attractive offer in btc or ltc for 200k gme so that I can afford to continue mining.
I will switch back to mining gamecoin for the time being until offers pour in.
Sounds fair?

I suggest the automated escrow service at http://exchange.dudeami.com/ for doing any exchanges.

Kind regards
Mike
The network hashrate has picked up nicely. Blocks are being solved quicker than they have been the previous few days. Should help us hit checkpoints and retargets a little quicker.

Can't wait to see where we can take this coin. First step is more games for GameCoin. Someone should make some carnival style coin games. *will accept royalties from profits made using my ideas Wink I'll also donate some time to help with these projects if anyone wishes.

Until then, it's back to throwing GameCoins at the slot machine. http://alt-co.in/slots.php

Yeah, as I said before, I'll aslo help people integrate GameCoin into their games if I'm able.

I might be changing the GameCoin promo for the slots a little, but it looks like we'll be keeping it, as well as adding ways to get bonus GameCoins into any future games we put up.

Hopefully this will spread the coin into further circulation, with more people holding a smaller number of coins.  That's how a healthy economy works Wink

Someone should also make a GameCoin arcade that accepts 0.25 GME to let you play some classics in-browser.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Yeah, I think we found around 150 blocks in the last 24 hours so hopefully we should hit block 20160 in about 2-3 days and the difficulty will come down.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Guys:
Don't think we had one yet right?
http://54.244.192.52/gamecoin/chain/Gamecoin

Tips are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Nice job, sent you some GME for the effort  Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Why is any coin called whatever it is? Why even use the term "coin" for each iteration when they don't have anything to do with coins.

The GameCoin already has more acceptance and use than most other "junk" alt coins.

It's primary use is currently on this site http://alt-co.in/ Where it can be used to feed a slot machine, and soon more. The site is in beta and constantly adding new features. Looking at the top of the page it will at some point include an exchange and escrow listing.

Right there it adds entertainment value with gambling it away. More than can be said about most of the other alt coins that aren't on an exchange.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
This coin is junk what does the coin even do and why is it called gamecoin?
I did the deletes and everything, but even though I get the snyc thing, it still functions perfectly.  Smiley
Glad to see some progress, and community work bringing gamecoin back to life.
Anyone up for making a good gamecoin logo? I was thinking a GC in the center, or something.
And a Gamey design or feel to it.

Yeah i just cobbled something together quick because what was there was just awful and obviously lazy.
donator
Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I did the deletes and everything, but even though I get the snyc thing, it still functions perfectly.  Smiley
Glad to see some progress, and community work bringing gamecoin back to life.
Anyone up for making a good gamecoin logo? I was thinking a GC in the center, or something.
And a Gamey design or feel to it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just remember, as I've said several times in the previous thread.

Your wallet will claim that it is out of sync with 350k blocks required. Just ignore that. All it means is someone on the network has the LITECOIN blockchain instead of the proper GameCoin blockchain they likely manually placed it there in an attempt to hurt the coin. Your wallet see's that there are a possible 350k blocks and lists your wallet as out of sync. However will not download the incorrect chain.

While you are "out of sync" you're wallet is actually fully up to date, and functional. You are able to send, receive, and mine.

This problem should resolve itself later on down the road as more check points are hit and the person(s) with the incorrect blockchain fix, update, or close their client.

In short, just ignore wallet being out of sync. The network and current checkpoints make it so your client will not download the incorrect blockchain. Unless you are connected to a single node where the person operating the node changes the blockchain then you may experience problems until you get off of that node and re-download the blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: