Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client. - page 23. (Read 23840 times)

legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
Well, I connected to my own Linux machine, so that won't be much help ;-)

But I enabled upnp for you guys so try:
54.244.192.52:9776

Remember, please remove the connect option once done!

let me know if it works..

EDIT: Changed IP
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Hi all,

It's a combination of thing.. My QT kept getting stuck at block 14999, then sometimes it would say it needed to download the whole litecoin chain again..

I fixed it by starting it with the connect option the first time and connect to a proper gamecoin node.. Maybe we can post some here for ppl to use?

Also I believe the IRC channel is infested with lite/gamecoin ppl.. So if you start with default options you might get connected to people with a wrong blockchain..

I'd suggest adding a new channel to irc.cpp especially for the new fork/release to Ensure that all people with the new client are in a channel with only new clients. That might help.

So in short:
- delete everything in %appdata% except wallet.dat and gamecoin.conf
- edit gamecoin.conf (the first time) with the option
Code:
connect=
- start QT client and let it download blockchain
- stop QT client
- remove connect statement from .conf file
- restart gamecoin.conf

Have fun! Cheesy

So what is the valid node?you could start by posting your .conf file if it did indeed help.
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
Could you post some valid nodes IP adresses?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 934
Hi all,

It's a combination of thing.. My QT kept getting stuck at block 14999, then sometimes it would say it needed to download the whole litecoin chain again..

I fixed it by starting it with the connect option the first time and connect to a proper gamecoin node.. Maybe we can post some here for ppl to use?

Also I believe the IRC channel is infested with lite/gamecoin ppl.. So if you start with default options you might get connected to people with a wrong blockchain..

I'd suggest adding a new channel to irc.cpp especially for the new fork/release to Ensure that all people with the new client are in a channel with only new clients. That might help.

So in short:
- delete everything in %appdata% except wallet.dat and gamecoin.conf
- edit gamecoin.conf (the first time) with the option
Code:
connect=
- start QT client and let it download blockchain
- stop QT client
- remove connect statement from .conf file
- restart gamecoin.conf

Have fun! Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
It's trying to download 300k + blocks again..

Unfortunately some people are unable to follow simple instructions and delete the litecoin blockchain from their %appdata%\gamecoin directory before starting the new client so they're causing this syncing problem.

As long as you're using the new client it will reject this foreign blockchain but not until it hits the first checkpoint at block 15,000. I think we need to add some more checkpoints in the very low block numbers so that the updated clients will reject this foreign blockchain sooner.

Okay but then will that mean that all of us who done it correctly would have to redo the install also? Or will the sync issue go away once everyone follows the directions?

It gets annoying seeing it pop into sync and out again every once in a while.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
So those people did not understand the goal of the updated client? shame..

Edit: I thought we were already at block 19500?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

Unfortunately some people are unable to follow simple instructions and delete the litecoin blockchain from their %appdata%\gamecoin directory before starting the new client so they're causing this syncing problem.

As long as you're using the new client it will reject this foreign blockchain but not until it hits the first checkpoint at block 15,000. I think we need to add some more checkpoints in the very low block numbers so that the updated clients will reject this foreign blockchain sooner.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Sync worked here, still have some unconfirmed.
donator
Activity: 3228
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
hmm I am getting the same sync problems.
Yes, it's working now. Coin seems to be back alive. 6 blocks last hour  Smiley
donator
Sometimes that happens. Out of 22 blocks it happened once to me.
It can depend on your latency or connection.
Client says last block generated is 11 minutes ago, but my cgminer didn't say 'network found new block'

What's up with that?
Great job! Will continue mining this coin. This is the only coin with some potential that's released lately. GAMEcoin, really like it. Hopefully this will become a real currency in games soon
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
We're thinking of working on a way of keeing checkpoints in an external file, so updates to checkpoints can be delivered without a recompile.
Eventually,the litecoin blockchain will stop creeping in once more people start running the new code.

I also think that this would be the best way of updating the checkpoints.
I was thinking of this for the coin I am working on.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Is it like 600 more blocks into difficulty readjusts? Difficulty should drop a bit, if we can get through the first batch.
Yay 2 blocks  Smiley

Whats the current difficulty?
It's at 1 right now.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Is it like 600 more blocks into difficulty readjusts? Difficulty should drop a bit, if we can get through the first batch.
Yay 2 blocks  Smiley

Whats the current difficulty?
donator
Yay 2 blocks  Smiley
donator
lol, scam coin, tray system logo LTC  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh, You should've seen the thing when the guy first released it, he had the denomination as FTC and the litecoin logo all over the place, I must've missed the tray icon when I was fixing it up.

Yeah, the dude that first released it was likely trying to scam the hell out of everyone and cash out, but the general opinion here seems to be that this coin has a cool name, so we've all chipped in a bit to let it live.

Ya Gamecoin isn't a bad name. Glad to see it being revived, and maybe a long future ahead.  Smiley
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
lol, scam coin, tray system logo LTC  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh, You should've seen the thing when the guy first released it, he had the denomination as FTC and the litecoin logo all over the place, I must've missed the tray icon when I was fixing it up.

Yeah, the dude that first released it was likely trying to scam the hell out of everyone and cash out, but the general opinion here seems to be that this coin has a cool name, so we've all chipped in a bit to let it live.
Pages:
Jump to: